“Excellent hotel experience in Chennai” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Chennai

You added Hilton Chennai to your Saves list
Hilton Chennai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   124/1, J.N.Salai, Guindy, Chennai (Madras) 600032, India   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #13 of 343 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Excellent hotel experience in Chennai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Hilton Chennai is one of the excellent places to stay. I was there for a two night stay as part of my official visit in Chennai. Hilton Chennai is excellent in terms of services, Value of money, cleanliness, location, rooms and attitude of serving staff. I would certainly recommend to my friends.

Room Tip: Rooms @ 5th floor, especially the corner suites have a good view of the city..
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Parag S, Director of Operations at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
It is indeed a pleasure to learn that you had a fantastic stay with us. My team indeed is very committed to ensure that every guest is comfortable and feels at home. Please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com for any assistance. We cannot wait to welcome you back.

Parag Sawhney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Hilton Chennai is quiet a nice place to stay as a breakaway during the weekends..

The hotel is placed at an easily accessible location. The rooms were clean, spacious and well lit. They held a contemporary design that can easily make you feel at home.

The breakfast spread was the best among all the 5 star hotels I've been to in Chennai and you could practically get the traditional south Indian food and quiet an ample amount of continental spread. In addition to this, the Ayna's dinner menu contained some unique Indian dishes like mutton chukka, different varieties of Paratha (the one with sesame seeds was my favorite) etc.., and they were completely authentic in taste. Apart from this we had a get-together with my friends and the usual Sunday live counter consisting of the Sushi, Dim Sums Pastas etc.., along with activities for the kids made it a splendid experience. Don't forget to try the Pineapple based punch and a drink consisting of Pepsi with a hint of ginger at the Vasco's.

Overall, my experience was extremely good and I would like express my thanks to Mr.Gowri Shankar for his excellent recommendations on food in Ayna, speedy response every time we head to the Vasco's and for making my experience a memorable one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing the experience from your recent stay at Hilton Chennai. I completely agree that our product and services are indeed world class. I have shared your kind comments with the entire team including Gowri Shankar, who is one of our star performer. We all look forward to welcome you back home.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hilton Chennai is excellent place to stay for business and family trips, it is well connected with all part of city and Airport. Hilton Chennai is excellent in terms of services, Value of money, Sleep quality, cleanliness, location, rooms and attitude of serving staff. It is also crowded with all high class business icons.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Parag S, Director of Operations at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for making Hilton Chennai your preferred destination. We certainly believe in delivering a ‘home away from home’ experience to all our guests. If I can ever be of any assistance, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I went to to Chennai for business trip on 21-27 July 2013. I stay with Hilton. I have recieved very good service from all staffs. I like the stafs here always smile.They are professional on their Job I have good sleep. The room is clean every days. I like the breakfast and dinner. Many type of food. Fresh and clearn.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

It is indeed very refreshing to learn that you experienced a very high standard of service at Hilton Chennai. My team strives really hard to ensure that every single guest receives personalised service at every stage of their stay. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

While on a business trip, I stayed at Hilton which was right next to my office complex. The property is very nice and there are good options to dine within the hotel. I enjoyed my drinks at the Q Bar which is rooftop and offers some pretty nice views of the city and the St Thomas Mount area. The music is little loud but as a Solo business traveller, I had nothing to complain about it. Vintage Bank is a nice wine and cheese bar to unwind after a long day at work and they have some live music there. The staff at Q Bar and Vintage Bank are very friendly and fun to talk to. I could imagine how tired they would have been that late at night, but they never let it show. So, if you have time it is good to start at Vintage Bank and once they close at 11, you can move up to the Q Bar. Vasco's is another good option and I enjoyed my breakfast there and the spread was quite nice.
The rooms are nice and staff is very helpful. I had checked out but came back in the evening as my work got extended. Check in was quick and I hit the bar straight away. However, my bags did not reach my room as expected and then everyone was looking for my bags at midnight. Apparently, they were placed in some other room which was not expected. I had requested for packed breakfast next morning but it never came to the room and no one even reminded me while I was checking out. That was again lousy on their part.
Swimming pool has some funny timings and if you are a business traveller, there is no way that you can use the pool.
Leaving aside these 2 incidents, everything was good and I highly recommend the place especially if you are on a business trip to the building next door.
Tip: Do ask for hotel pick up and drop for the airport as the local taxi drivers do not understand what you say or they pretend to do so. Big time language problem.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for choosing to stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and the variety of food and beverages that we have on offer. I have also made a note of your comments on luggage handling and packed breakfast and I would like to apologise for not getting it right. May I kindly request you to reach me directly on parag.sawhney@hilton.com and I will personally ensure that you have a memorable experience.
チェンナイ, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The quality of this hotel is average. Compared with the sanitaly level of the Chennai city. It would be very close to the Metro station made in the far future. The guest room is clean, except we can find Anisolabis maritima. You can find some fly and mosquitos only in lobby. As for service, some employee seems to understand our English. But please don't forget they need to use 3 languages. They are kind enough to find other employee who can understand better.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I have made a note of your feedback and please rest assured as our Housekeeping team is always on top of ensuring that the lobby and all other public areas along with the guest rooms are always up to scratch. Our Front of House team is very multicultural and speaks a variety of languages which indeed helps in meeting the needs of our guests. Please feel free to reach me directly for all your future stays and I will ensure that your stay with us is always seamless.
FARIDABAD, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

If we are spending money and the things which we want are not provided then what kind of a five star hotel it is . The staff Always think that if some thing is not provided or some mistake is done by them They Can keep this this secret by providing them complementary food (lunch or dinner ).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for visiting us and taking the time to share your experience. I understand that you were not satisfied with your recent experience and I sincerely apologise for the shortfall on this occasion. I would like to welcome you to reach me directly on parag.sawhney@hilton.com in order for me to gain further insight and to put corrective measures in place.
Parag Sawhney

Been to Hilton Chennai? Share your experiences!