“Disgrace” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Park Pod

You added The Park Pod to your Saves list
The Park Pod
4.5 of 5 Inn   |   23/13 Khader Nawaz Khan Road, | Chennai (Madras) 600006, India, Chennai (Madras) 600006, India   |
Ranked #16 of 225 Chennai (Madras) B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Disgrace”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Damp, overpriced, mosquito infested, total horror.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The rooms were nice with cool art painted on the walls. The Apple system on the TV with music was great.
Breakfast was nice and the wi-fi is free.
Definitely recommend the hotel as it is trendy with big rooms.
The pool was brown though so don't get your hopes up about having a swim!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at The Park Pod, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Guest,
All of us at The Park Pod are delighted to know that you have had a memorable stay with us and that our service and facilities were to your satisfaction. Your feedback motivates all of us to sustain and enhance our focus on small details. We eagerly await your return and hope to become the preferred destination for you whenever you travel to Chennai.

Director Operations
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Its a boutique hotel and is away from the honk and bonks of Chennai City. I stay here as my office is 5 minutes by walk so I am free of the traveling within the city. The hotel is on Khader Nawaz Khan Road which is a high end area of Chennai, but ask any auto rickshaw driver or even car rental companies about its location, they cannot find them and initially go berserk. I have raised this point many times in my comments form but nothing has been done, so I have stopped writing about it.

I guarantee you that your driver wont be able to locate the hotel if you were to arrive late midnight into this hotel as it happened to me.The lighted signboard goes dead at midnight and you have to be Sherlock Holmes to locate it. The hotel is tucked inside from the road and is not easy to find as the signboards are not clear to read. The designer of the hotel didn't bother too much about it this issue....

I have stayed here 6 times already and find the place fitting to my work needs. the rooms are big, designer types, reservation is not an issue, very cordial staff, nice and comfortable beds and the complementary wi-fi works perfectly. Its is a dead silent place compared to other hotels as there are only 20 rooms. No great views from the windows so the curtains are always closed..........

There is only one restaurant which serves the same breakfast everyday with limited choices but you can ask for the food you wish to eat and they will make it if it was available. Breakfast is complimentary but I guess they can add more choices by bring the food from the The Park Hotel which is a 5 min drive from this hotel

Dining is Italian but i guess they have Thai too. Italian food is great and there is a good collection of fine wines. the bar closes at 11 pm and the last order for food is 11.30 pm.....

The management can think of adding another restaurant where the swimming pool is situated. Its a sheer waste of space as the pool is hardly used. Make a nice Thai or Mexican restaurant...

If you stay here you can use the gym, pool and the bar at The Park Hotel free of charge and the trip is free with a pick up and drop.....

So it a mix of both the worlds as I say, but the hotel makes it perfect for a business traveler if you are not those fussy types......rewind in your own world away from the hustle n bustle of the Pondy or T Nagar.............

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at The Park Pod, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear Mr. Santosh,
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us during your recent visit to Chennai. I am glad we met your expectation of service, however, our endeavour is to exceed them and I assure you that the efforts are ongoing. Thank you for your detailed feed back on the visibility of the Hotel especially in the night, I am glad to inform you that your feedback is well taken by my tam and we are already in the process making it more brighter and prominent. I am also pleased to inform you that we are indeed working on adding additional cuisine options as well as a chic, modern and unique dining space. I am sure that this facility will be available to our guests very shortly.
My Team and I once again look forward to welcoming you at The Park Pod and wish you an inspiring stay with us."

Director Operations
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Hotel has innovative styling and in room features are good. Staff was courteous and very helpful.

Room was NOT spotlessly clean (Whitewah problem). Housekeeping, though was very good.

Room doesn't get locked from inside by push of button. You have to use key for locking. A common bolt inside the room would be useful. I opened another room by mistake and others opened my room also when I was changing clothes. Leads to awkward situations as you don't generally lock BY KEY AFTER entering the room.

There is no switch near the bed which will switch off all lights at night. You have to go to each swich separately. Some switches worked sometime and at other times refused to respond.

Hotel is not so bad but it would be better for hotel to look into these small issues.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
TheParkChennai, Manager at The Park Pod, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear Mr. Namboodri
Thank you for your recent stay at The Park POD. Your valuable feedback is appreciated. We regret that you had an unpleasant experience at our hotel with regards to the electrical switch connections in the room and assure you that my team is already on the job to take the necessary corrective measures. I am glad to inform and thank you for your suggestion for an additional common bolt/ latch for the doors which has been well taken by the team at The Park Pod and the work is already in progress to implement the same.
Please do view our lapses with a small degree of tolerance and do afford us a chance to receive you at The Park Pod Chennai for a great stay next time. I would also like to use this opportunity to acknowledge your positive comments on the Design, Staff courteousness and the performance of the Housekeeping staff. Your feedback motivates all of us to sustain and enhance our focus on small details. We believe that the small details make a big difference and help us generate some very special moments for our guests.

Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Nice place to stay with excellent staff and amenities. One can always book with no regret but will have to manage with Italian cuisine (am sure TPP guys are working on offering varied cuisine in future). Perfect place unless one is hell bent on natural ventilation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
TheParkChennai, Manager at The Park Pod, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Dear Ms. Tanya,
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us during your recent visit to Chennai. I am glad we met your expectation of service, however, our endeavor is to exceed them and I assure you that the efforts are ongoing. I am pleased to inform you that we are indeed working on adding additional cuisine options as well as a chic, modern and unique dining space. I am sure that this facility will be available to our guests very shortly. My Team and I once again look forward to welcoming you at The Park Pod and wish you an inspiring stay with us.

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

It was definitely not a regret for me. Good stay. Its away from the honking sound of the chennai city. Wonderful and comfortable room..It was by accident I choose park pod however it is a good accident indeed. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
TheParkChennai, Manager at The Park Pod, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
“Dear Ms. Baalamani,
It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us at The Park Pod during your recent visit to Chennai.”

Auroville, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Clean room. Interesting play of artwork on the wall in a very modern tech room. Great bathroom. Food was surprisingly great with generous serving.
Sad windows; would have been great to see further then 1 meter; and have more natural light.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
TheParkChennai, Manager at The Park Pod, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Dear Ms Michel,

Thank you for your valuable time and comments, all of us are delighted to know that you have had a memorable stay with us and that our service and facilities were to your satisfaction. Your feedback motivates all of us to sustain and enhance our focus on small details. We eagerly await your return and hope to become the preferred destination for you whenever you travel to Chennai.

Director | Operations

Been to The Park Pod? Share your experiences!