“Rude staff, messed up my order so I left without eating and was forced to pay a service charge!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of 10 Downing Street

10 Downing Street
Kences Inn 50, BN Road | T Nagar, Chennai (Madras) 600017, India
+91 44 28152152‎
Website
Improve this listing
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Visited 10 Downing Street recently whilst in the area on business. I don't know why this is listed as an attraction as its a pub/restaurant.

When we arrived the place was empty (usually a bad sign of a restaurant if the locals are avoiding it). The menu was very basic - they only serve 'snacks' rather than proper meals so I ordered Chicken Satay.

When the food arrived it was Saussage, not chicken! When I told the waiter he tried to say it was chicken even though you could see it was clearly saussage. Eventually they admitted they had got the order wrong and offered to bring a replacement but as I had already been waiting for about half an hour, I declined. We left the money for drinks and my colleagues meal and left.

The waiter then came chasing after us, grabbed my colleagues arm tightly and insisted we pay the 'Food Service Charge' even though they had messed up the order and I was leaving, not having eaten anything!

My advice would be to avoid this place unless you like rude and aggressive service.

Visited April 2013

6 attraction reviews
“Cool place to hangout”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Its a cool place to hangout. Music is good. Food is nice. We had pastas and it was really good. Their combo deals are very affordable. Variety in food and drinks is good. Maximum occupancy is young collage crowd i guess coz of the associated hype.
Service is ok. Staff is ok.
Overall, i liked such kinda place in Chennai.

Visited March 2013
7 attraction reviews
“Not a good adea”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was much interested to visit this place and was trying to over telephone to know the location of this restaurant but no one was there to attend the call. After reaching to this place I was very disappointed. In terms of money, it is very costly.

Visited October 2012
5 attraction reviews
“Sticks to the hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Most ppl would say that this is place that is like really happening in Chennai. i don't think i would disagree much. yes this place has gr8 ambience. go there mostly on weekends for dinner. during weekdays its less drama there. the food and drinks are costly and on the higher side but i guess it gives us a reason to spend on a weekend and enjoy with friends. but do not expect good service. your orders will take time and u mite have to wait for a long time before you have a grab..!! Enough said..this place is good..!! but certainly not the best...!

Visited September 2012
chennai
“"one of the bet pub " thats wat i hear”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

ive never been to tht place before but they said they wont allow stag inside hence thers no girl i knw tht drinks but lookin forward to ppl who may take me the cheers YNWA

Visited November 2011