My husband and I stayed at Savista for 3 nights on a 2 week trip to India. We had stayed in some pretty luxurious (and expensive) hotels on our trip, but none compared to this little gem!
Based on our experience here and in India overall, here's what really stood out -
1) Great setting and location, unless you want a cookie-cutter experience of Jaipur. Jaipur itself is a crowded, noisy, overwhelming city, but with some stunning historical sites in and around it. After a few hours of sightseeing each day, we just wanted to escape this urban mess - and Savista with its beautiful, serene countryside vibe was the perfect place to return to. It's not close to the city center (about 20k away), but fairly accessible. Moreover, most tourists don't seem to realize that the best stuff is not in, but around Jaipur - the stunning Amber Fort, Pushkar Lake (the cattle fair is unreal), and the textile center at Bagru. Savista was well located to access these sites, and we were particularly grateful for the car and English-speaking driver that was given to us for the duration of our stay.
2) A level of personalized attention and care that almost made us feel that we were honored guests in someone's home. The owners met us warmly when we arrived, and even sat down with us and provided a whole host of travel and shopping suggestions that probably ended up saving us from getting ripped off by the many touts that seem to pervade Jaipur's markets. Separate less-spicy food was prepared by the cooks on the first night for my husband who arrived in Jaipur with a stomach upset (he definitely looked better the second day). And the lovely American staff member Jake even copied a CD of music for us when we commented on how much we enjoyed the tunes being played in the restaurant! Its safe to say that the level of service here went above and beyond any of commercial hotels we experienced on our trip.
3) The food. Wow. After a diet of creamy, spicy, oily fare all through our trip, it was a delight to eat fresh-tasting and moderately spiced food that probably constitutes what most Indians eat themselves at home. The best part was the many of the ingredients were grown organically on the property , and the owner even gave us a little tour of their vegetable patch. I've been to farm-to-fork restaurants like these in the Bay Area, but never thought I'd find one in India, that too serving authentic Indian food!
Overall, a big thumbs up to Savista and the owners and staff for what they've been able to create - a (rare) truly welcoming and personalized hotel experience in India. We'll be back if we return to Jaipur.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savista Retreat is a boutique hotel in Jaipur, Rajasthan. A stand-alone property, Savista Hotel/Resort's location and design make it a welcoming environment and a lifestyle destination for individuals and small groups looking for a special experience of Rajasthan. It is an excellent base for combining sightseeing in Jaipur with eco travel, wellness, and cultural enrichment within a single travel plan and at an unhurried pace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL and Hotels.com so you can book your Savista Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savista Retreat Jaipur
- Savista Retreat Hotel Jaipur