“!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tourist Inn Hotel

Tourist Inn Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jaipur
Tourist Inn Hotel
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 / 8 Malviya Nagar, Jaipur 302017, India   |
Ranked #189 of 300 hotels in Jaipur
Toronto
“!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

This place was such an unpleasant experience. Everything started of great with check in as the place was located near the train station. By the way, you will pass red light houses with girls in the windows. Then I realized this was not a hotel at all but a hostel. This place should get in trouble for advertising as a hotel. I found this particularly ridiculous because the standards were worse than any hostel I've stayed at.

No one followed the bed number on their card and just took whatever they wanted. The floors squeaked so at night you would disturb people. The elevator and hallways smelled like marijuana and had dingy, coloured lights making it feel like a red light district on the inside. The bathrooms smelled horrible!! I think the only clean one was in the lobby and probably because the staff used it. Shower was ok but I still wore my flip flops. Internet was 1.50 for an hour which is bad if you're advertising as a hotel. Breakfast was ok. Only good thing about this place is the location. Couple of gay shops close by and short walk to Dam Square which is the centre of the night life and downtown.

Never would I recommend this place. You're better off to take a gamble at a hostel where you can get the same bad quality but at least save half your money!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

My friend and I arrived at our hostel before check-in time, dropped off our bags and told them we would be back later. When we arrived back later to check in, the informed us, quite nonchalantly, that they had given our room away. Apparently, they overbooked the room, then tried to blame it on us not being there when we said we would be there, and then tried to charge us 30 extra euro to stay in one of their apartments. Since it was so last minute and the city was full (in part due to the Gay Pride parade), we knew we would not be able to find another room unless it were really expensive, so we took their offer.
The apartment they took us to, which they considered an "upgrade" from the room we had already booked, was not very clean, had a strong smell of incense, and had no hot water.
The room's bathroom had both a toilet and a shower without any separation between them. The hot water, as the hotel receptionist informed us as we were checking out, could be turned on if you pressed the right button, but failed to tell us that when he was showing us the room. The kitchenette and bathroom were both dirty.
When we went to check out, the working receptionist didn't know where my deposit for the apartment key was and so we had to wait for the off-duty receptionist to get there and find it.
Overall, I was not pleased with our accommodations, though the bed was quite comfortable and the location was great.
I am most displeased that they had the audacity to charge us extra for a mistake they made.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

We arrived in Amsterdam with no accommodation booked, and found this hostel because of it's central location. We were offered a room, and were delighted as we had been wrecked after traveling, but then found out that we had been charged too much through other guests and the internet. The staff were quiet friendly but did not come across as very honest during our stay. This is far from hotel standards, and I am amazed they call themselves a hotel, it is nothing but an only all right hostel. The rooms were tiny and the bathrooms stank. The breakfast was decent and the location was perfect, other than that I would not recommend this hostel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

I have been several times in Amsterdam in all kind of hotels from the cheapest to some fairly luxury ones but neither in Amsterdam wich is golobaly quite poor for the quality of the hotels or anywhere else IN THE WORLD where I traveled I have seen such a bad hotel.
First, the most important, the room was REALLY DIRTY, but not few dust here and there but real dirt and dark stuff on the wall, on the windows,in the bathroom too with supicious old dirty sheets with hair, also strange smells in the whole rooms. Second the receptionist ask you to pay in advance the total of the reservation. Somehow you can understand him because on the second day you just want to leave this place (good luck to get back your money then...). Third, the AC was not working at all but that is "a detail" compare to the global impression. Fourth, and it start to be hilarious, there was no electricity in the room when we arrived. Fifth, as it was not enough there was a group of guys starting big party next to our room at 6AM for at least 1 hour. I know it seems to be A LOT of things for ONE night but it's the damn truth.
If you hesitate in between sleeping in the street or this hotel, I would suggest the street, it cannot be worst and you might save around 100$.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

Arrived at the hotel and were greeted by extremely friendly staff who were very helpful and allowed us to leave our luggage with them whilst we went off to explore the city. The staff also made arrangements for us and offered us free advice on where to go for different activities and where the cheapest and best places were to eat in the city. The dormitory rooms were clean, bed linen getting changed every other day. As we were 3 girls travelling as friends, we had hope that the dormitory would be same sex but it wasn't. Hotel was in a great location; about 5 minutes walk to Dam Square and Central station, located on the very edge of the red light district with a few windows to be seen on the street. The shower and toilets were clean, the showers also providing a free hairdryer, however the bathroom facilities are not in the room but across the corridor for all people on that floor to share. All rooms had a television which allowed you to relax as well as the hotel providing towels; however these were not changed daily.
The breakfeast included in the price was okay. Simple selection of toast, cheese, cereal with free orange juice and hot drinks. However the eating area often got too overcrowded, the hotel unable to cope at times with the amount of people.
Overall the hotel was in a great location and great value for money, however I would recommend that anybody who is travelling as a couple or is over the age 30 do not choose this hotel/hostel as it is predominatly younger people who stay there.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Earth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

Stayed one night. Disapointed with the double room as expected it to be ensuite. Paid 65 Euro. Web site was misleading "Private bathroom with shower and toilet" doesn't mean it is necessarily in your room and had to leave our room and go across the corridor to use the shower/toilet.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2008

I'm cheap....but I do have my standards when it comes to cleanliness & service. Every time I stayed at the Tourist-Inn I was very happy with just that and the price, considering how centrally located it is. I stayed 3 times in total, so it could not have been luck!

Location:
It is a less then a 10 minute walk away from Centraal train station and there is plenty of sight-seeing, shopping, restaurants, convenience stores, coffeshops etc. everywhere around it.

Rooms:
I had a private room each time and yes, they are very small (not suited for your honeymoon) but do have dressers, an efficient sized/ modern equipped bathroom/shower, flat panel LCD TVs mounted on the wall and remote controlled AC and a comfortable bed. All rooms are smoke free, smoking is only allowed in the lobby. But some of the private rooms on the top floor have access to the roof patio, which is quite nice if you are a smoker. So make sure you ask for one.

Noise:
The hotel is one street over from a main street, so you do NOT hear the loud car, bus and tram traffic. Eventhough there are also dorm-style rooms at this hotel, I never encountered a loud party crowd while I was there.

Other:
There is breakfast in the lobby, but I have never tried it, so I can't comment. Towels are self-pick up from a service room next to the elevators, you can just grab as many as you like. Towels are old, but always clean. There is also a luggage storage room next to that. From what I was able to tell, the hotel is safe, all the people walking in and out looked kosher to me, a mix of families and globetrotters. No junkies, no dealers, no hookers/pimps, no panhandling as far as I could tell ;-)
Unfortunately this hotel is small and books out fast, so make sure you start checking availablity early!

Bottom Line:
This is a reasonable, simple, clean, safe, no B.S. place to stay in the middle of Amsterdam. I'm sure I'll come back to it.

• Liked — Clean and centrally located
  • Disliked — Small rooms
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Tourist Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!