“My first option in Jaipur..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arya Niwas

You added Arya Niwas to your Saves list
Arya Niwas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sansar Chandra Road, behind Amber Tower, Jaipur 302001, India   |
Ranked #24 of 306 Hotels in Jaipur
New Delhi, India
“My first option in Jaipur..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I love Jaipur for all that it offers..and each time I stay only at Arya Niwas..I found this place about 10 years back and must have stayed with them atleast twice each year..and every time I am even more pleased with what this hotel has to offer...excellent rooms (not luxurious), sumptuous food (as good as home cooked food) and perfect location..if I do not manage to get a reservation in this hotel I either dont visit Jaipur(!) or stay away but have all my meals here..the staff are very courteous and helpful, and the local markets are a rickshaw away...I would not mind recommending this place to anyone ever!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tarun_Bansal_Jaipur, General Manager at Arya Niwas, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Greetings from all of us here at Arya Niwas Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review, and for the positive feedback. I am glad you liked the services at the hotel. It is flattering to know that you choose to travel to Jaipur if we have rooms. We also try to adjust our old guests to the maximum extent possible. It is only in some dates that we have to say sorry to our repeat guests.

From all of us here, thanks once again for continuing to choose us on your Jaipur visits.

Tarun Bansal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I can't say enough about this hotel. Top notch service, delicious food and lovely rooms. I stayed in a small standard single room. It was perfectly clean with nice linens. The bathroom was perfectly clean as well. It was nice to have a real counter in the bathroom to put your things on. This is a rarity!

The staff was helpful with booking trains and rickshaws. But I think the best part was the food! People from Jaipur came here just to eat, it's that good. 190 rupees for all you can eat breakfast buffet and also a dinner buffet (I can't remember the price). They serve both Indian and western foods. The western foods are actually prepared correctly and taste as they should!

A wonderful mid-range budget place to stay close to the city center.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Greetings from all of us here at Arya Niwas Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review, and for the positive feedback. I am glad you liked the services at the hotel, including the food. Dinner buffet is for Rs. 225 including taxes by the way!

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed in the hotel from 29th & 30th Nov,2013 with my wife and my son (only 3). It is in a nice location. All stuffs are very good and helpful. I should mention specially the name of Mr. Tarun Bansal, the General Manager of the hotel. He arranged a car of my preference for my whole Rajasthan trip in a very reasonable rate.

Room have all amenities of our daily need. Bathrooms are clean and well designed.

Restaurant serves excellent quality food in very reasonable rate.

I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Greetings from all of us here at Arya Niwas Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review, and for the positive feedback. I am glad you liked the services at the hotel, including travel arrangements.

Hooghly, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

an excellent place to stay in the pink city with the best comforts and excellent dining facilities.also an excellent trip adviser making fabulous tours.the cuisines are excellent.the staff is extremely good and helpful and provides the best hospitality.the tour planners are excellent planning good tours in a short duration.overall its a home away from home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Greetings from all of us here at Arya Niwas Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review, and for the positive feedback. I am glad you liked our services including travel arrangements.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while in Jaipur and the location is very nice. The hotel staff is mostly very helpful, although we had a very minor problem with double paying for breakfast (which was fixed the next day). The hotel itself is very beautiful, but the rooms are nothing too special. What truly was special for us was the front patio, where we sat many nights reading books and drinking tea. I highly suggest staying here. We also booked a tour through the hotel, which meant we had a driver and not a tour guide. It worked out just fine and he was a very nice gentleman and a safe driver.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from all of us here at Arya Niwas Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review, and for the positive feedback. I am glad you liked the hotel, particularly the front verandah!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

For travellers tired by cookie cutter hotel rooms and service and hospitality that seem artificial, here is a hotel that shows what true hospitality is! I stayed at Arya Niwas for the first time on recommendation of a colleague who has been there several times over the past 10 years and it looks like I shall not stay anywhere else in Jaipur, on future visits! Arya Niwas is a small hotel on a narrow lane in Jaipur away from the hustle and bustle of the city which leaves the guest refreshed after a stay and looking forward to a stay there again in the future! The booking is very simple with both web and phone bookings accepted. I had some difficulty in booking on the web, so I called them and could get the rooms we needed. A SMS confirmation of the booking was sent to my phone. A day before we arrived, they reconfirmed the booking over phone.

The check in was smooth. As we reached the hotel late, they told us to have our dinner first before the restaurant closed and told us we could check in after dinner. I stayed in a room on the second floor and found the room smallish, but very comfortable, with all amenities provided. In keeping with the size of the room, the bathroom too was small but again, well maintained and provided with all amenities. Arya Niwas is an old haveli, the dwellings common in this part of India in earlier times and has been cleverly converted into a hotel. As the corridors are not enclosed, it gives an airy feeling throughout the property. Rooms are at four levels and can be accessed by stairs of by two lifts. The hotel management has thoughtfully retained the old world charm of the property by minimal changes and their design aspects even today reflect traditional Rajasthani art. Truly, this hotel comes closest to the experience of staying at a Rajasthani haveli. Everything at the hotel has been thoughtfully chosen including the furniture and the furnishings and give one the feeling of being at home! Moreover, without being overly exhibitionist about it, the hotel is very eco friendly as it is air conditioned sparingly and has minimal ostentation barring what is essential and functional.

One memorable experience I had during the stay is being woken up by chirping sparrows which were on a palm tree outside my room! With most Indian cities having low or no populations of sparrows, this was a touching experience, I enjoyed on both mornings of my stay.

Their restaurant is unique too. It has simple tables and chairs and walls covered with Rajasthani paintings depicting the life of Lord Krishna. Food is to be ordered first and paid for too and to help foreign visitors choose, they have a display of the food to help make the choice. Food is almost fully vegetarian, barring eggs served and breakfast and is simple, healthy and delicious and amazingly inexpensive! They serve traditional Indian food, mostly north Indian and also Continental food. Their juices and lassis are well made and tasty! Service at the restaurant too is quick and unobtrusive. Guests have the choice of eating in the lawns where too the food is served.

The management is very thoughtful in all that they have done at the hotel and remain invisible to the guests. All the frontline employees one comes across are polite and helpful which means you will never have chance to request management's help! They have a lounge with reading material and also place for quick snacks or watching TV. This seems to have been made to help guests waiting to be given rooms. The furniture at the lounge too is traditional and the fabrics used everywhere are good depictions of Rajasthani motifs. They also have a store selling local handicrafts and other travel needs and also a full fledged travel desk to take care of guests' travel needs.

I may have stayed at hundreds of hotels in many places, but this is perhaps the only one where one feels at home, like the write up on the hotel says on the web. After entering the hotel premises, one feels relaxed and pleasant and wistful at having to leave the place, when the stay ends! They have 3 other hotels at Jaipur which I am sure are equally good! For a great stay at Jaipur, Arya Niwas is an amazingly inexpensive hotel that retains an old world charm of true hospitality that is increasingly difficult to find in today's world. Kudos to their management for a wonderful experience to all their guests.

Room Tip: All rooms are likely to be good. Choose one based on whether you want your room in the lower or the...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Greetings from all of us here at Arya Niwas Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review, and for the positive feedback. I am GRATEFUL for the immensely detailed review that you have sent. Such feedbacks are worth their weight in gold! I am glad you liked our services.

By the way, sparrows in the side garden are a favorite of many guests!
Hope to see you soon, at Arya Niwas!

Amersfoort, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Service was ok, nothing special. Rooms even so. But we had a great Holi celebration here thanks to the staff.

Amazing food in the restaurant on the same grounds. Lovely hangout under the veranda, great place to relax and read.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Greetings from all of us here at Arya Niwas Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review, and for the positive feedback. I am glad you liked the holi celebrations at the hotel.

Tarun Bansal

Been to Arya Niwas? Share your experiences!