If you only visit one heritage hotel then make it this one. It is beautifully decorated inside and out and whilst not 'original' is certainly like the picture one paints in ones mind when thinking what this type of hotel may look like. Our room was very spacious with a large Super King canopied four poster bed, a small lounge area with coffee table and armchairs and sofa, additional comfy seating on the balcony and in the room, a dressing room containing large, spacious wardrobes and a compact en-suite shower room. The ceiling of the room was entirely covered in glass mosaic tiles and was truly a sight to behold. Mosaic glass was used in other areas to highlight alcoves, door frames etc and must have been inspired by a trip to the Amber Fort! The dark wood furniture was of reasonable quality and certainly added to the 'Indian' themed room! There was plenty an endless supply of hot water at any time of day and no need to turn on an individual gizer. The room also had a fridge, ideal for keeping any food purchases cool. There was an in room safe and a small shampoo, shower gel and soap was provided. The breakfast was perfectly adequate with a hot and cold selection readily available. The roof top restaurant was delightful with good views of the city. The food and service was excellent. Reception was a little hit and miss but they were keen to help just a little inundated at times. Overall the hotel was clean, tidy and well maintained. Assuming the rate and hotel remain the same, I would definitely stay again as they are offering a lot for not much cost!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to one of the best run Jaipur hotels. Umaid Bhawan Jaipur is a modern heritage hotel with a budget hotel tariff providing world class Rajasthani style accommodation. Our hotel is highly recommended by Lonely Planet, Let's go, Foot print travel guides on Jaipur Hotels and Jaipur Budget Hotels.Run by a family of Rathores, Hotels Jaipur - Umaid Bhawan is one of the finest hotels in Jaipur. Built in traditional style, there are beautifully carved balconies, attractive courtyards, open terraces, lovely garden and comfortable rooms with antique furnishings. Umaid Bhawan offers unique exotic traditional Rajasthani ambience found only in some of the Hotels in Jaipur.Ranked as one of the best run budget hotels in Jaipur by the Lonely Planet international travel guide book, Umaid Bhawan offers guests a pleasant and comfortable home away from home with traditional Rajput hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Umaid Bhawan Heritage House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umaid Bhawan Heritage Hotel
- Umaid Bhawan Heritage Jaipur
- Hotel Umaid Bhawan
- Umaid Bhawan Palace