“Nice Rooftop Bar” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Clarks Amer

You added Hotel Clarks Amer to your Saves list
Hotel Clarks Amer
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   U.P. Hotels Limited, Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg | Jawahar Nagar, Jaipur, Jaipur 302018, India   |
Ranked #128 of 311 Hotels in Jaipur
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Nice Rooftop Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

This hotel was booked as part of a north India tour. The brochure classified it as a three-star so I wasn't expecting a lot. Breakfast was provided as part of the package in the ground-floor restaurant. There's a very wide choice; both western-style and Indian (vegetarian). This ground floor restaurant also does evening meals, again with both Indian and western tastes catered for. However, those of us that chose the Indian selections were far more impressed than those opting for the western fayre.

There's also an a-la-carte restaurant on the top floor which is well worth checking out (but if I remember correctly it only serves Indian food). Next to this restaurant is a small bar. On the second night we discovered the rooftop bar (open air). What better way to round off your day with a cool beer on a balmy night overlooking the lights of Jaipur. We had a very good view of the wedding that took place that night.

The hotel has a small pool but I never got round to using it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
england
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

The "cosy bar" and coffee lounge on the ground floor, which were advertised in the hotel's literature, were non-existent. One of the two ground floor restaurants was closed all the time we were staying there and the other one was full up everytime we wanted a meal. Also compared with the other hotels we stayed in the prices were high with 5 different taxes being added to our bill each time we had a drink. The pool was dirty and closed most of the time. the reception staff slow - it took me 23 minutes to change £200. There was only hot water for 1 out of the 3 days we stayed here.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I checked into this hotel with the primary objective of staying near to the airport. Later I discovered that there could be lots of other reasons to stay in this hotel. Though the rooms are not very big, but the architecture is good and the furnishing. Staff are cordial and willing to help. One of the concern is the room service: which took my order and then forgot. Later they appologized and provided me some complementary items from the menu but still this is a concern. This hotel has a huge area and they maintain it very decently.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Delhi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I was in the Pink city for a day trip for business. I had meetings at intervals and I needed a hotel for wash and change, since my meetings were close to the airport I decided to stay close by and hence chose this place. My horrid experience started with the breakfast in the morning which was all about stale food, even the fresh fruit juices were tasting stale. Since I had to rush for my meetings I did not spend much time eating but in the afternoon when I came back for lunch I was served stale food again and when I asked for the chef to see me, he confirmed that the food was prepared a day prior.

I was appalled by the lackadaisical attitude of the hotel staff. When I asked the F&B manger to see me to put in a report regarding the disgusting food, he apologized and offered to pack something for my flight which I had to take back to Delhi in the evening. With my prior experience I was scandalized by this offer and refused to eat anything in the hotel, lest I fall ill. The manager offered to send some tea and cookies to my room, the green tea served was as good as adding yellow color to boiled water and the cookies almost made my teeth get cracks.

When checking out, I was asked to pay for the lunch bill and no one from the hotel management was there to show some sort of apologetic attitude.

I heaved a sigh of relief on checking out for coming out alive even after eating such stale food.

PLEASE DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL IF YOUR DIGESTIVE SYSTEMS ARE WEAK.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Erlangen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Bit far from town. Good service but hallways and bathrooms show its age. needs renovation. Nice rooftop bar.

• Stayed October 2011
India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Value for money and close to the city centre and airport. Spacious rooms and eye for detail. Room service was a bit letdown.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Rooms very nice...lovely restaurant on the roof top with a great bar..lovely views from it..
Reception Staff a bit to slow..

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Clarks Amer? Share your experiences!