We stayed at three hotels whilst travelling in India and this one was definitely the best. The rooms were spacious, clean and characterful - lovely comfortable four poster beds. Some had fridges, others did not and the safe in my room was not very safe as it was not attached to anything and could easily have been carried away!The outside accommodation has a number of small, very attractive areas where you can sit and relax, pool is small but charming. The shopping area is relatively close but a walk along a busy main road away. The staff are very attentive and polite, buffet restaurant pleasant. This hotel is a calm oasis in a rather shabby and busy area. There are no lifts and some rooms and the restaurant are on the first or second floor although there are also ground floor bedrooms. A number of us noticed that bottled or tap water boiled in the kettles in the bedrooms tasted unpleasant which was odd as it was not something we encountered anywhere else. There was very loud music playing in neighbouring properties on both the nights we were there. This does have to stop at 11pm and was explained as being due to it being the wedding season but was still intrusive as we arrived very tired after a long journey. I would definitely stay at this hotel again - it gives you a true feeling for old India but with all the comfort of the new.
- Also Known As:
- Mandawa Haveli Jaipur Hotel Jaipur
- Mandawa Haveli Jaipur Hotel
- Mandawa Haveli Hotel
- Mandawa Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in the Jaipur style of architecture with numerous pillars and arches the Haveli is located in the heart of Jaipur City on Sansar Chandra Road. The hotel combines old world charm with the best of present day facilities. There are 70 well-appointed rooms with intricately carved wooden beds; historic photographs and king-sized royal portraits. There are pleasant courtyards,a swimming pool, lawns and terraces with a view of the splendid Nahargarh Fort. It has a beautiful dining hall overlooking one of the terraces. Candlelight dinners can be organised on the rooftop on request.An intimate restaurant opening into the garden offers an a la carte menu serving Indian food with an emphasis on Rajasthani cuisineThe hotel offers special arrangements for gala evenings of folk dances, music and puppet shows,traditional welcome with tilak and garlands, Rajasthani lunch and dinner and sightseeing trips to Amber Fort, Nahargarh Fort,The City Palace and The Jantar Mantar.Friendly, charming service and attention to detail pamper discerning travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, MakeMyTrip, Travelocity, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Mandawa Haveli Jaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.