“one of the first and still one of the best” 5 of 5 stars

Taj Rambagh Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bhawani Singh Road, Jaipur 302005, India   |
Ranked #3 of 311 Hotels in Jaipur
sydney
“one of the first and still one of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed here four nights in the Sheesh Mahal suite-palace of mirrors.This hotel is centrally located in beautiful grounds and all aspects are outstanding.The only fault I felt was the lack of choice in the number of the establishment's restaurants.A great place to stay and see the multi sights of jaipur.The Amber Fort is unbelievable.

Room Tip: go for a suite
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ShreeLathaSajeev, Manager at Taj Rambagh Palace, responded to this review, February 23, 2013

Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful feedback.

Comments such as these always encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best in hospitality and service.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at the Rambagh Palace and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Somnath Mukherjee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Turkish first
greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

It is like a palace from the moovies decorated in a very impresive way
The grounds are beautiful,nice gardens and fountains exactly how I imagine a true palace in India
They have a very nice terrace perfect for the high tea and lanch with a nice view to the gardens
We had drinks and coffeee to the bar and I didnt like my capuccino so they didnt charge at all and apologise.We werw very much in hurry and maybe they move to slowly but the service was good and the way how the served the drinks very nice
It is a very nice place to stay after a day in the chaotic India and the old city of Jaipur
You will feel like in an other world
Higly recomended

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
ShreeLathaSajeev, Manager at Taj Rambagh Palace, responded to this review, February 22, 2013

Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I laughed out loud upon entering the hotel as I was blown away by the welcome and the beautiful grounds - I could not quite believe my eyes. It was my boyfriend's birthday and we were upgraded to an enormous room and treated to cakes, chocolates and roses - how wonderful! If I could afford to live in this hotel... I would! This hotel is expensive, but if your are treating yourself or someone special, you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed there in a LUXURY ROOM (room 342) while my friends stayed at a palace room. The experiences were totally different from each other. Their room was wonderful and also the bathroom.My room was very old and it has some stairs to reach it that were not confortable. The bathroom was also very old. The air conditioner in the room was also not cooling and literally left me sweating. The staff is very nice and cooperative. If you intend to go there I recomend that you pay U$ 100 more per a day but stay at a Palace Room.

Room Tip: Ask for a Palace Room! Do not stay in Luxury Rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback and regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay in a Luxury Room at the Rambagh Palace.

We have taken note of all the shortcomings as mentioned by you and will address them at the earliest.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at the Rambagh Palace and we look forward to welcoming you soon again.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Let me start by saying I'm totally spoilt and have stayed at some of the best places in the world. But this one tops the lot!
I stayed at the Rambagh for 2 nights in September 2012 as part of a week long tour of the Golden Triangle through Abercrombie and Kent. I was travelling with my father and we both had Palace Rooms.
From the moment you arrive you know it's going to be special. Nothing is too much trouble and every member of staff goes that extra mile to make your stay memorable and stress free.
The rooms were fabulous. Lovely walk in wardrobe, seating area, great bathroom and of course 4 poster bed. I must say though that the beds weren't so soft (I'm a total bed snob I'm afraid) ... but in typical Rambagh fashion, they kindly put extra duvets on the top of my mattress and voila, a soft and comfortable bed for me.
The food was outstanding. Particular memorable was the fine dining Indian restaurant, SUVARNA MAHAL. The setting is fabulous - a large room of beautiful old world Indian grandeur. The food was wonderful - and what makes it all is the fact that the wait staff are so knowledgable and guide us through the menu, suggesting dishes and ensuring we got the most out of the experience. And quite often when we would decline extra side dishes or dessert, they would bring us a taste of it from the chef as they just couldn't have us not experience it. It was just wonderful.
The terrace was lovely for drinks before dinner, and the main restaurant did a delicious breakfast - not a buffet, they would bring you whatever you desired and it was all fabulous. We didn't go to the converted train they have on site for drinks so I can't comment on that.
I know that many royals were guests at this palace over the years before it was converted into a hotel for Taj. And honestly, by the time I left I felt like I was royalty myself.
I will be back - my husband is desperate to go as I've raved so much!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ShreeLathaSajeev, Manager at Taj Rambagh Palace, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Rambagh Palace.

I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. Your positive feedback about the hotel is deeply appreciated and have been communicated to all the members of our team.

I thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best in service and hospitality.

Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Rambagh Palace is very beautiful and of course extremely attractive with its charming history. But the best thing we found at this hotel was not only its beauty, but the excellent service from all the staffs who greeted and met us anywhere in the hotel with warm smiles, so willing to give helping hands.

I checked in with my family- all the three rooms are elegantly decorated, but the garden view was not so stunning as we were on the ground floor which was slightly lower than the outside garden. The dining rooms are both very elegant, breakfast was superb with a large selection of fruits, juices and bread. The hot dishes which were made to order were all delicious. We tried dinners at both restaurants and especially loved the indian food at their most stunning restaurant, the best meal in all our whole 2 week- trip. (We actually didn't know much what to order but the staffs helped us with great enthusiasm.) They have lovely seating along the porch in front of the restaurants, at around 7pm we can have a cocktail there and watch the local Rajastahn dance. We didn't tried the Polo Bar for they didn't allow young kids.

The Rambagh has two large pools which were located away from the main building, one was indoor which we didn't try. The outdoor one was heated and was in a nice beautiful garden. They have another lovely heated jacuzzi pools which was just perfect after a long city/fort tour. The staff brought juice and you can just relax and dream...The spa were fully booked at the time we wanted, but we the changing rooms were very well equipped with steam rooms and all were magnificent, felt like staying at a friend's palace!

The location was not too far from the MI shopping street, probably a 10-15 min walk but we hired a car and were driven.

We all had a lovely, close to magical, stay. For the experience of the whole beautiful palace and its 5 star service, that was worth the splurge. The only one complaint would be that my husband had an urgency to fax an important document, when it didn't go through, we were not informed until we rechecked hours later. It would also be superb if they could arrange our three rooms to be next to or nearer to each other then what they had assigned us, but that was offset by great services. Thanks!

Room Tip: I find rooms on the ground floor a little too low, the garden view should be better on the upper flo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ShreeLathaSajeev, Manager at Taj Rambagh Palace, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very grateful for your note complimenting the services and facilities of our hotel. Positive feedback from our guests is always a strong motivation to all of us to continuously provide a high level of services to our guests.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back at Rambagh Palace in the near future.

Warm regards,

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed with my family and friends at Rambagh on the occasion of my marriage anniversary. I had found hair in my food 2 times while dining,My friend got a nail in his feet while swimming in the pool, The air conditioner in the room was also not cooling and literally left us sweating.
The air conditioner problem happened during my last stay around 2 years back also. In overall a bad experience during stay due to series of incidents during this stay . But the staff is cooperative.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the valuable feedback and apologise the inconvenience caused to you during your stay at the Rambagh Palace.

We are concerned regarding the shortcomings during your stay, which are being taken up with the concerned departments in order to take corrective measures for the future.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at the Rambagh Palace and we look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Somnath Mukherjee

Been to Taj Rambagh Palace? Share your experiences!