“Fantastic experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 128 activities in Jaipur
Type: Classes/Workshops
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Jaipur Cooking Classes offers crash course and long term course in all Indian Cuisines specially, Rajasthani, Kashmiri, North Indian, South Indian, and other foods like Punjabi etc. If you are a traveler and keen to learn about Indian cuisines and few dishes out of it, we welcome you to come to Jaipur and we will happily arrange special sessions for you. If you want to know more about Jaipur Cooking Classes
“Fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I'm not sure what my family and I were expecting but Chef Lokesh and his family exceeded all of our preconceived notions.
My mom booked the mid-day 2-3 hour class over email from our hotel in Jaipur. Lokesh met us at the hotel and we were immediately impressed - his english is probably better than mine and he's very easy to talk to and we immediately felt comfortable with him.
Once we got to his very nice home, we were greeted by pre-prepared menus of the recipes we'd be cooking personalized with our names AND a small gift! The kitchen is well appointed and there is plenty of room for watching and helping Lokesh cook. He answered tons of questions, responded very specifically to what we were interested in learning how to make, and even invented a new, gluten-free recipe for Indian bread for my mom! We learned so much about the food, spices, and materials that were necessary for cooking and gained plenty of confidence so we could try the recipes at home.
After cooking, we sat down to eat the delicious food with Lokesh and his very lovely wife - they were great company and I think we could've easily stayed with them through dinner and beyond. When I go back to India, I'm going to stay with Lokesh and cook with him again and if you are even the least bit interested in Indian food, you should too!

Loleta, California
“Cooking Spirit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Lokesh Mathur is not only a gifted chef and teacher of Indian cooking to anyone - he is warm, genuine, funny and an inspiration to get in the kitchen and make something good!

My two adult children, my wife and I all loved this outstanding experience in Rajasthan. Just a couple weeks back in California, and I've already made paneer (Indian cottage cheese) at home, and will be putting Lokesh's palek paneer recipe to good purpose tonight.

You get more than you bargain for with Jaipur Cooking Classes - a vibrant cooking experience.

Seoul, South Korea
“Great food, great family, great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed with Lokesh and his family for two nights and took his morning/afternoon cooking class on of the days. The rooms were huge with nice bathrooms, hot showers and AC. The cooking class was wonderful and we learned a lot. Lokesh is very knowledgable and was happy to answer any questions we had. He showed us how to make several Indian dishes and gave us recipes for all of them! His family is also wonderful! We had a great time talking to them well before and after our tasty meals. I would definitely recommend this cooking class to all of our family and friends traveling in India!

tashamh2
“Wonderful Class and Charming Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Food is an important feature of most of my vacations. My trip to India was no different. I booked this cooking class as a solo traveler based on the great reviews on TripAdvisor. Boy, was I not disappointed. Not only was Lokesh very responsive in email communications regarding the class logistics, but he picked me up from my hotel to deliver me to his home for the cooking class. There is a set menu of dishes that you/he cook(s). I mentioned that I fell in love with Kulfi dessert and Masala Tea. He immediately rearranged the menu to accommodate teaching me how to make Kulfi and Masala Tea. What a wonderful treat! He was very thorough in explaining what ingredients to use and how to prepare the dishes. My camera died halfway through the course. He had his son take pictures for me. I found those pictures in my inbox when I got back to my hotel.

What I loved even more than the cooking experience was breaking bread with his family. After I watched him cook the dishes, we ate that food for dinner upstairs with his family. The food was amazing. But chatting with his family was even better. After having restaurant/hotel food for weeks, it was so refreshing to sit down at a dinner table with such a warm family and exchange information on cultural norms in our countries. Excellent experience. Highly recommend.

vienna
37 attraction reviews
“Learning and fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had an excellent evening with Lokesh and by extension his family. We let him know ahead of time of our dietary requirements and the menu was built around us. After going to classes in other cities, we were somewhat surprised that the class was just us. But it works. Lokesh picked us up at our hotel and delivered us back at the end of the evening. We made notes along the way so we can replicate the dishes once we are home. All relatively simple to make and much of it can be prepared ahead of company. Overall a great experience and so much better than just going to dinner. A bit of culture, cooking and recipes. Bon Appetit.