“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anopura

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jaipur
Anopura
You added Anopura to your Saves list
Village Anopura, Jaipur 303109, India   |
Ranked #22 of 334 Jaipur B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Its just being like in a friends house, its super relax, all curated in every single detail, good its amazing and very low profile. Phillip is a great "anfitrion"

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

From the moment we arrived, it was like heaven. We were pampered, waited on, and felt like it was our own private home. The house is beautifully appointed and decorated, the bedroom and bathroom amazing, and the staff was unbelievable. They were friendly, knowledgable, and so attentive to our every need. The accomodations were fantastic.

When we arrived we were amazed at how beautiful the gardens, and the pool area were. We felt like we had been transformed from the hectic pace of India, to the most peaceful and relaxing environment, and surroundings you could possibly imagine. We did some bird watching, and took a tour of the gardens, and watched the gorgeous sunset, while enjoying wine and appetizers.

The food was delicious, gourmet, using fresh local fruits and vegetables from their own private garden. We were served with elegance and grace.

It's the most romantic and intimate time we have ever had. We didn't want to leave. We will definitely make a trip back to Anopura. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a slice of heaven on earth in India.

Room Tip: They only have two rooms, both beautiful and well appointed.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Coming to Anopura is like stepping into another world, it's an oasis of peace and quiet in Rajasthan where you can relax and remember that life is worth living just for these rare moments. Have a swim while looking at the stunning surroundings, enjoy western inspired fresh food and the very welcoming staff. At night, look at one of the most starlit skies I have ever seen. In Anopura nothing is left to chance, even in the most minute details you will find that there has been thought and passion put into it. Everything is impeccable, the rooms are very comfortable (the bed and the rainfall shower are a delight!) and the resort is decorated with excellent taste. You can also walk to the nearby village and discover how the resort's owner has found ways of giving back to the local community. Good for the body and the soul, Anopura deserves nothing less than 5 stars. It's truly exceptional.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

I simply cannot recommend Anopura highly enough - from its beautiful rural Rajasthani setting, to its serene and graceful decoration and gardens, its wonderful fresh and delicious food, to its attentive but discrete staff, this place is obviously a labour of love - and it shows at every level: refreshingly different, but utterly relaxing and luxurious - amongst the best hotels I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I have been coming to India nearly every year since I was 16 and lived in Jaipur for a year and a half and I cannot believe I only just stayed here!

I cannot fault it. As you arrive you have that sense of adventure - that you are off the beaten track - seeing something unspoilt and beautiful. The view is breath taking. After the madness of Jaipur or Delhi the sense of tranquillity is priceless. The building looks like it is meant to be there due to being made out of the surrounding rock - the land is the right mixture of 'natural landscaping'. Inside the rooms are chic, full of books and the entire backlog of national geographic, with all the comforts you could ever want. I had my best nights sleep in India!

The food is exquisite - it is the best non-Indian in India without a doubt - and what makes it even better is that it is all either home-grown or locally sourced (except for a couple of crucial ingredients that the gourmand owner knew it couldn't do without - if you are lucky enough to meet him as I was he will charm you with his tales from the Amazon to Marrakech. He is a very incredible attention to detail which is visible throughout - he knew I would want Bombay Sapphire not Plymouth!)

Finally the service is perfect - they know what you want before you do but are incredibly discreet and always smiling. I wanted to take Ishwar, the head of the household, home in my pocket!

This is one of the few places I have ever found in India that I have ever really felt that spirituality everyone talks about - but it doesn't come from some hocus pocus guru but from the earth, which for once isn't covered in dirty plastic bags. This place is truly magical - as I sat under the stars with a fire burning beside me sipping my GnT with the smell of my roast lamb wafting across the courtyard I thought I had gone to heaven. It will be the first place I go on my next visit and the last place I go before I leave.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Lund, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Anopura B&B managed to take me to a new level of quality, taste, beauty and pampering. It is an intimate place in the middle of India's beutiful wildness where you can feel safe and enjoy the surrounding. You are in a silence only broken by the voices of nature and your rythme slows down. The perfect place for reloading the batteries. Service is wounderful with kind personel making sure you have everything you need. The rooms are tastefully decorated with many nice and personal details. Cleanliness is perfect and food is just excellent. I am certainly going back as soon as I have the occasion.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Nice, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

In a country of constant surprises, but where so-so service, food, and comfort are still largely the norm outside of the five star plus hotels, Anopura is a remarkable exception, and a model for what rural tourism could and should be in India: superb food, both Indian and Continental; impecable and charming service but without being in the slightest obsequious; exceptional comfort and attention to detail, without the flannel that often comes with very up-market places; and a really sublime environment.

And it is this last point that really makes Anopura so exceptional. With the aide of Ishwar, the hotel's ever smiling manager, we visited several hamlets and villages nearby. Not only is this area the most scenically attractive by far around Jaipur, but it is completely unspoilt, completely un-touristy and completely charming. A world we thought had disappeared centuries ago, with delightful farming families only too happy to show us their lives.

We had the good fortune to have the owner present as well. Philippe de Vilegas, an ebullient Belgian with countless eccentric experiences to recount, is also a dedicated and perfectionist hotelier. His attention to detail and his choice to provide an 'all-in ' tarif with meals, room and drinks are two more reasons to recommend this culinary oasis.

Room Tip: The two principal rooms are very similar. Perhaps the Khedjeri Suite is slightly quieter. The tent a...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Anopura? Share your experiences!