“Beautiful, peaceful, tastefully decorated, very clean guesthouse with spirit :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ikaki Niwas

and 1 more site!
You added Ikaki Niwas to your Saves list
Ikaki Niwas
5 chha 2 | jawahar nagar, Jaipur 302004, India   |
Ranked #4 of 331 Jaipur B&B and Inns
Jaipur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Ikaki Niwas guest house located in peaceful corner of Jawahar Nagar of Jaipur is an experience in itself, starting from the gateway decorated in traditional Rajasthan style ornamental paintings. The small entrance court yard with its plants gives a warm welcome, with the tastefully furnished reception area. The whole house is made in style, is very peaceful place to relax & enjoy your stay.

The rooms are great, nicely furnished and clean. Beds are soft and comfortable for those who like it that way. Some rooms have windows towards the neighboring green park, and from the top floor you can see the beautiful hills near by.

The staff is very polite and helpful. Food is great and your wishes are accommodated nicely.

Bonus: The cleanest bathroom I have ever experienced in India! The bathroom is designed with taste, combining green marble with decorated tiles. Toilets, showers, sinks, faucets - all in perfect working condition, spotlessly clean and shining. All the faucets were of top-rank german brand Grohe. New soap and shower cap were provided.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the park are perhaps the best ones.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Ikaki Niwas was one of the best stays during our trip to India. The room itself is comfortable, with a warm shower and air conditioning, and the whole house is beautifully decorated. There is also a room downstairs available to guests with a couple of computers and internet access. We stayed in for a couple of meals during our time in Jaipur and the home-cooked meals were also delicious (a nice option after a long hot day!). Everyone working here is very positive and helpful - especially our host, JD. He went out of his way to ensure that we had a great stay at his BnB, but also that we had a great stay in Jaipur. He helped us arrange a lot of our travel/sight seeing while we were there. You can tell he really cares about his homestay as well as the guests who stay there. Overall we had a wonderful time!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Ikaki Niwas is a great location and very good value for money. It's clean with lovely food prepared by JD's lovely wife and helpful smiling staff. JD is very helpful and puts a lot of energy into seeing that everyone's needs are met.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about my time at Ikaki Niwas! I stayed for about 3 weeks while I was in town for business. The accommodation is great. The beds are soft and comfortable, the AC works wonders, hot water is available whenever you need it, and the room itself is really tastefully decorated. The property is right next to a beautiful little park where I would walk in the mornings. And the rooftop is a great place to do your morning yoga or relax in the evening with a drink. JD, the owner of Ikaki Niwas, takes wonderful care of his guests. He, his family, and his staff will make sure all of your needs are taken care of. Having stayed in larger hotels previously while in India, I much preferred the home-like feeling of Ikaki Niwas. I will definitely be back again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

A great place to stay with all conveniences of home, Ikaki Niwas turned out to be a wonderful option for me, a woman travelling in Jaipur for work. I was made to feel very comfortable by the guesthouse's owner and manager JD, who is extra attentive to all the guests. I liked my room a lot as it faced a neighourhood park. The staff is very accomodating and the meals offered are like home cooked food, less spicy and less oily. I enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Bogotá, Cundinamarca, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

During my wonderful Indian adventure I happened to stay twice at Ikaki Newas: first it was fate, then by choice. The lovely city of Jaipur has a lot to offer to all kinds of travelers, but it was at Ikaki Niwas that I learned how much it really had to offer and how much I was able to enjoy the little things in life like a nice home-cooked meal, a comfortable rest, or a pleasant conversation. I was surprised to find all that I needed and much more when I met Mr. JD, the owner/manager of the guest house whose impeccable hospitality and good advice made Ikaki Niwas a key stop in my journey; I enjoyed it so much that I decided to go back at the end of my 6 month travel for some quality relax time in Jaipur. For both of my stays I ate, slept, and lived like a king.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Located in a very serene and safe place, this is a small cute bungalow with super clean rooms at a super reasonable price. Rooms are well designed with simple and typical jaipur style interiors. Bathrooms are spotless.

Mr. JD was prompt in communication and helpful through out the my stay. Staff makes some lovely home food and you can also join them to try out your favorite dish :)

All in all, a very good place to stay in Jaipur. Will surely be back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Ikaki Niwas? Share your experiences!