“Loved our visit!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #126 of 306 Hotels in Jaipur
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Loved our visit!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I am a bit late writing this review but I do wanted to say that this was a surprisingly great visit! This hotel was booked for us as part of a Golden Triangle tour (budget Option.) I was very skeptical of the area upon arrival and due to the lodgings in Agra being of very poor quality, I wanted to be SURE this was suffice before our driver left us for the night.
We were put in a two room/room next to the check in area. We had hot water, a comfortable bed, spacious accommodations , frig, tv and nice bathroom. The room got chilled at night. They gave us a blower (portable heater) but I don’t really think it did much, Not sure if we were hitting something wrong or the heater/blower was just too old and out of heat coils but none the less this place was MUCH MUCH better than the Agra hotel.
The owner was very friendly and talked with us. He walked with us to the roof where there were hundreds of kites flying in the air. We watched the sunset together. The entire staff was more than accommodating. The dinner was a tad spicy but the breakfast was very nice. The guy working the restaurant was so humble to us.
We were going to “attempt” to walk around the area because we met some very nice people from Australia who informed us there was a Bazaar within walking distance. Yet we only walked up to the block and my husband decided against it.
As mentioned the area is skeptical but maybe it could have been there are not many Black-Americans that travel to the region so everyone stared at us. There was a guy that almost wrecked his motorcycle looking at us. People stopped their cars looking at us, came from their windows looking at us , by no means did I feel threatened but my husband felt the crowd was becoming too large so maybe we shouldn’t continue the walk.
There is a puppet show in the evening. I was going to go to the room to relax but the guy asked me to watch his show. He asked me to buy a puppet. I offered to buy one, he wanted me to buy two I told him I didn’t want two. We went around in circles. I told him after his performance I would see.
Well I decided that no one back home could use a puppet so after about 3 or 4 people purchased a puppet he came back to me. When I told him I didn’t want the puppet at all he seemed to get angry. All I can say is he should have taken the sale for the one puppet when I offered. I did give them a tip because I stayed to watch the puppet show. I could have been in my room relaxing. Rather than that I have no issues. The Wi-fi was wonderful I had been without communication to the US for a few days so it was good to have.
I would surely stay here again. I added some picture and as usual email me with any questions!

Room Tip: If I am not mistaken we had room 109
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Katowice, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Me and my husband stayed for 2 nights there. The heritage hotel offers you a nice, quite big and very clean rooms. Very friendly owner and good staff. Breakfast was good- as usual in India: toast, eggs, butter etc. We really recommend the hotel especially for a couples, has romantic atmosphere. Is situated in a quiet place but not too far from the city center.
If I ever be back to Jaipur, for sure I would go back to Sikar Haveli

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
kabul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My experience in sikar Haveli was amazing the hospitality was very nice
i had very warm welcome and the rooms wow especially the the old and classy beds
it was very nice experience out there total different from the other hotels ....

Room Tip: south side suites are larger and more conformable...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Pace del Mela, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were supposed to stay at this hotel for a 3 nights, but one was enough! Well, the "Sikar Haveli" is not a bad hotel in itself: the building is very nice, being an old palace belonging to some rich merchant, as shown by the majestic restaurant. Unfortunately it is located in a very underdeveloped area: poor houses and shops on the left-hand side; a long series of wholesale textile shops on the right... We had a hard time even when we simply tried to find a place where to buy a bottle of water! Anyway, we were given a room that seemed nice at first, until I asked for an extra blanquet... Probably, if I had asked for truffles, everything would have been easier. I know that this sounds unbelievable, but the two young guys at the reception could NO extra blanquets! They kept searching every single room with no success. Then a third guy joined the former two searchers but things did not improve until the last arrived - rather in triumph and proud of himself - came up with a lurid "something" that "had been" a blanquet some decades before: it was a dirty, stinky and torn-away blanquet which even a beggar would find hard to sleep in... We ended up sleeping with the only thin (extremely thin) blanquet that there was in our bedroom, and next day we went away. Another poor experience took place at the restaurant: we had tried to find a place where to have dinner in the neighboroughood, but we could not find any, so we ate at the hotel restaurant. The food was not particularly good (not disgusting, though: simply tasteless) but it took 50 minutes before the first dish appeared and... there were no more guests at the restaurants, but us!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This place was really cute. It was clean, there was hot water in our shower (if you turned on the boiler in the bathroom), the room was spacious, the staff were helpful... and the restaurant is not to be missed - really excellent food! The only reason I haven't given this a higher rating is because the building is located right by a mosque (which you can't actually see but you can definitely hear). Perhaps if we'd been on the other side of the building it may have been quieter... but we were woken up very early every morning for the morning prayer call and I don't think even the heaviest sleeper could sleep through it! On the Monday night there was also some sort of party/wedding/club nearby which was very loud and went on until 3 or 4am. Combined with the mosque, that was a pretty bad nights sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the other side of the building from the mosque!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a classic example of one should not judge the book by its cover...Surroundings may not be good but the hotel is nice. Its a different living experience. This is for the people who are bored with the normal hotel life and try something refreshing and different. The rooms are large and decent. GO RELAX AND ENJOY - THE HAVELI STYLE...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Concarneau, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The arrival to that haveli is a surprise, because the area is so deceptive.But unfortunetely, the good surprise, is a very short, feeling.The room was ok, the bathroom so far away, too far away from the room, but the most important, is the very bad surprise by the very dirty table clothes.You can feel the cleanliness, is not a must in the dining room, but the owner does his best to make you feel comfortable.Of course all the waiters around do their best to help .The haveli looks much better on the pictures of the internet, you can immagine a palace...which is not the case, but with work, it can happen..We where not lucky to be there on a very cold day and cold night, no windows , but thanks god, a small electric chauffage in the room.

Room Tip: Difficult to add something, the mosquee wakes you up anywhere you are..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sikar Haveli? Share your experiences!