“An excellent family run, friendly and clean Haveli” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nahargarh Haveli

You added Nahargarh Haveli to your Saves list
Nahargarh Haveli
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   B - 4, Gopal Bari,Behind ARG Corporate Park | Ajmer Road, Jaipur 302001, India   |
Ranked #15 of 306 Hotels in Jaipur
London, United Kingdom
“An excellent family run, friendly and clean Haveli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed a couple of nights at the Nahargarh Haveli. My wife and I booked a super deluxe as I booked a deluxe room for my father. Both rooms were very spacious and more than met our expectations.

We arrived late at night (11pm) and we were met promptly by our driver Rajveer at jaipur train station. The Haveli is only 5mins drive away and we sitting sipping with a cold Kingfisher on the rooftop terrace by 11.30pm.

The hotel staff sorted our 2 day itinerary which included City Palace, Agra Fort, Monkey Temple and the main shopping Bazaar. Our driver Rajveer drove us around and waited very patiently on us while we were shown around these amazing sights of Jaipur.

The staff at the Haveli are extremely helpful! From the waiters to the management I could not find a single fault!

The main purpose of our trip was to trace relatives of my grandfather in Punjab. The manager Haroon sat with us and listened to our story. He put us in contact with his guy in Amritsar who is going to meet us and take us around the village my grandfather......that's story is to be continued, hopefully something good comes of that.

In summary the Haveli is a great family run hotel, not too big, not too small. The staff are extremely accommodating, the food fantastic and the rooms great! Do not hesitate to book up you won't be disappointed!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel, which we chose based on on trip advisor reviews.
We do not regret our decision and would recommend everyone to stay here! The food, rooms, service - all excellent!

We were 3 people, myself, my husband, and my father in law and so booked 2 rooms. We also met a fellow traveller en route on the train from Agra-Jaipur who came along with us in hope for a room! This was no issue.
The staff accommodated us in every way, from collecting us at the station, serving late night rooftop beers (11pm) on our arrival, to helping us create an itinerary for our 2 days in Jaipur.
This hotel is run by 2 brothers who are based in Delhi but one of them is always on site to help and advise in any way possible.
We had a hotel driver for the 2 days who brought us to the city palace, a fab market, the amber fort, and the monkey temple- all these places are highly recommended! (ESP. The monkeys!!)
The food ( breakfast/ lunch/ dinner) was also excellent- in fact some travellers we met came here for the food alone!

Our next destination in India is up to Amritsar/Jalandhar, where we hope to trace our family roots. The hotel manager @ Nahargarh Haveli sat with us for a couple of hours to hear our story and then phoned his contacts in Punjab, so that someone will be there for us on arrival to take us to the village and help us out- again very accommodating, and genuine.

The rooms were very clean and provide all the essentials and more including a fridge and a tv. We left our room-key behind the desk each day, which also meant our room was serviced daily.
It is important to note that this is not a 5* hotel and does not try to be. It is a boutique hotel, which is carefully furnished and designed to make you feel safe and comfortable.
It is exactly what we wanted, and more than provided the 'Jaipur' experience!
I could not find any flaws ( I tried!) with this hotel, however there are things to note such as hot water availability in the morning and evening at set times. ( note. If you need hot water outside these times, it is no issue- just let the staff know and it will be ready in minutes) This is purposely set, for environmental reasons - which can only be commended. There is no safe in the room, however, any items of value can be locked away on the ground floor. ( we did not feel the need to do this).

Any further questions , don't hesitate to comment/ ask but I can genuinely say in you are thinking twice about this hotel...... Just book it!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Chandigarh, Chandigarh, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is an interesting place little place. I wouldn’t rate it very highly but it is Definitely worth the money. We’d never been to Rajasthan before so we were expecting “Bigger” Havelis but this was not the case at Gopal Bari area in Jaipur, which has many small hotels claiming the Haveli status. But I guess at that price, nobody will rent out a Haveli room.

The good part is that these places do deliver. Nahargarh Haveli had us picked from the railway station and we entered a nice, cosy reception area where we were greeted with an all pleasing hospitality (we really appreciate it as at these prices in India, being treated nicely can be considered as luxury). The hotel oozed warmth with the mellow and even bright colours. We got advance booking done for a specific room (based on reviews here) which we were not provided but we kept mum because we anyway liked the room allotted to us, so it was ok.

Room service was prompt and polite. There was an electric kettle with sachets of tea, coffee, milk, sugar provided. Thankfully we also had a closet, apart from two bedside tables, another table near and also a very small area with a mirror, table and a chair, which was quite pleasant. So the storage area was comfy, so were the spring-mattress beds (the beds were a little smaller than I would’ve liked but still it was good enough).

The LCD TV (22 inches) and was good enough considering the distance from the bed wasn’t much. Unfortunately, the first night of our stay, the cable TV service was down from 10:30pm for around 11 hours but I guess that wasn’t the hotel’s fault. The bathroom was nice and chic. Basic toiletries were provided by the hotel. The bedsheets, quilts, towels were all nice and clean.

The food we ordered in our room for the afternoon, veg-manchurian and fried rice was ok (actually the fried rice was a tad undercooked). Sad part is that the tray on which the food served was covered by a cloth badly stained with oil marks which appeared to not have been cleaned for a long time. Buffet breakfast was alright. We dined at their rooftop restaurant and the ambiance was fine and the food was ok. What irritated me was the incessant, pesky stares by some of the waiters as we dined. I couldn’t understand why they were staring but they sure were and throughout the duration of our dinner (in fact the place was sparsely occupied and nobody sitting in our direction so I knew that we sure were the objects of their ridiculous stares). They were staring and giggling. This surely wasn’t ok with me; Weirdoes! However I must say that others staff of the hotel was really good.

Unfortunately another downer for me at this place was the food, otherwise I liked this hotel a lot and for the price, I think it is definitely recommended. I was mildly upset with the food (and its price) because one of the nights we dined at the Peacock rooftop restaurant run by the Pearl Palace Hotel and that food was simply outstanding (and that too at the same price). Therefore it got me wondering that if Pearl Palace can manage such great food at that price, why can’t Nahargarh Haveli?

Bottom line is that a few glitches aside, Nahagarh Haveli is surely worth the money and recommended by me.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
chandigarh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 days and 2 nights and I must say the hotel was excellent so were the people at reception desk. Hotel staff were always ready to help out in any possible away.
Rooms were in good condition especially the suite, other rooms are also good value for money (I stayed in both type of rooms), clean bed sheet, clean bathroom.

Food was good especially the rooftop restaurant and the breakfast. Only drawback was rude behaviour of waiters, they were not professional, talking really loud and their behaviour was rude. Another point which I would like to mention is that they give priority to foreign tourist compared to Indians

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I should say, initially very disappointed with this place as it was not like any other haveli that I have stayed in Jaipur.

This is like any other hotel, but I should say that its value for monies, clean, courteous staff

A good place to unwind (on the roof top) at the end of a long day after visiting monuments in Jaipur or even driving down to Jaipur. Nurse a drink and enjoy the culinary delight looking enjoying the open sky

Would recommed this place if you are looking at a very decent hotel and not a heritage place or a real Haveli.

real value for monies

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We cannot leave Hotel Nahargarh Haveli without giving a big cheers to the staff and owners for their superbly appointed hotel, and the fabulous customer service they kindly offer. One truly feels like royalty here! While the rooms are immaculately kept daily, there is a 100% chance in having warm relaxing showers every hour of the day. Food wise we cannot find enough words to praise the exquisitely prepared range of dishes available at the roof top restaurant. Staying at Nahargarh Haveli was for us similar to finding a haven of peace and quite in the bustling metro pole of Jaipur; a truly memorable experience, thanks to you all!
Jocelyne, Australia

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

If you find yourself in jaipur you must stay here. We traveled for 33 days in india and the nahargarh haveli was by far the most amazing hotel . Lovely inside, lovely folks to welcome you. Food what ever you want.it was a great experience,me and my folks enjoyed a lot there,a lovely and beautiful hotel to visit.Go for it and I bet you won't regret

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Nahargarh Haveli? Share your experiences!