“Why book a specific Room?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Chitra Katha

You added Chitra Katha to your Saves list
Chitra Katha
60, Hathroi Fort | Ajmer Road, Hari Kishan Somani Marg, Jaipur 302001, India   |
Ranked #36 of 306 Hotels in Jaipur
Jaipur, India
“Why book a specific Room?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Today we arrived in Jaipur and arrived at Chitra Katha Hotel, While we booked a room with a mountainview we instead were given a room on the first floor surrounded by the kitchen, the main hallway, and what sounds like the storage room for the kitchen. When I questioned reception about the discrepancy I was told that I was actually in a better and more expensive room, which really didn't address the question of "did I receive the room I originally booked and paid for"? Instead I was told that my room was given away to someone else and that I could switch rooms tomorrow. Had I not taken the time make a reservation I would understand. In addition when I attempted to pay the balance for my room I was required to pay an additional 2% credit card fee which was not printed on my reservation. When I questioned this charge I was told that everyone paid for it and that it was not really much money, only 2%, of course that was an additional 2% I was charged, not a 2% credit for my room not being ready and the aggravation of having to change rooms in the middle of my stay. On the plus side, the room is clean, the toilet works properly, and at the moment there are no mosquitos inside the room. I will attempt to update this review once our stay is complete.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
AnshuSharma, Owner at Chitra Katha, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
I am sorry that you were forced to take out time right in middle of your stay to write this. First let me try and solve this for you and update my reply later, when you do so with your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this hotel. Rakesh, Hotel Manager, was very helpful and works very hard! Aditya, restaurant Manager, cooks up some excellent tandoori items in the rtooftop restaurant upstairs.

Mehfuz and Sanu were also great in assiting us in the restaurant.

The only thing that could have been better was the internet connection. It tends to go out every so often.

Overall, I would highly recommend this place to anybody in Jaipur.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
AnshuSharma, Owner at Chitra Katha, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
It is so nice of you to appreciate each and every staff member. And sorry but Wi-fi is only as good as airtel provides us. We report all this back to them regularly. In fact we installed boosters recently on 1st floor, as per their suggestion. But even they cannot save us from drops. We'll keep a check on it. Thanks for this smashing review though. Cheers.
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel is well worth the 350RPS we paid per person per night. Our room was very spacious with a big bathroom. Unfortunately our room didn't have a window as we were centred around the corridors, which also meant we were easily woken by people walking past either side. That said it was no big deal, the beds were comfortable and the restaurant served great food. The service from the people at the hotel was very good and the owner gave us some great advice on taking a bus to the Amber Fort. This is a must for other travellers, we paid 10RPS each for a bus from the Pink City centre to the Fort, a Tuktuk will set you back about 500RPS. We caught the number 29, there were lots of other people on the bus and it was very crowded, but all part of the experience. If a Tuktuk is more your thing, then there is plenty waiting outside the hotel day and night. Again, the owner will offer you advice on how much to pay when going certain places.
The only thing that would have been great would have been clean towels each day and new toilet roll. But other than that it was a good hotel, for 350RPS you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: One with a window
Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
AnshuSharma, Owner at Chitra Katha, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
We are so glad to have guests like you who not only appreciate but also point in the directions where they see a scope for improvement. However, let me clarify that there is only one room without a window. We are sorry that you ended up in this room because of peak season and we being completely booked. Towels and Toilet paper are available on request. A simple call to the reception will solve it for you. We don't check, make or replenish your room until you ask us to. That's the whole point of running a boutique (budget) hotel. To make sure every guest, even with limited means, should get a hygienic place to rest before he/she takes on the organized and colourful chaos called India. All the best for all the travel that you have planned for and also for the ones that just happen when the time is good! Cheers.
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

spent two nights at this hotel, the rooms are large and very clean, and the reception is excellent and helped us in everything we need. the hotel also has a superb restaurant situated at the top of this with very good food and even better service. all i that is far from the center has very good connections. also organize tours of rajasthan, ask Raksh. highly recommended. do not hesitate to spend your stay here. greetings.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
AnshuSharma, Owner at Chitra Katha, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Let me start with thanking you as we understand that it is not easy for you find time in your packed schedule. At the same time we love it when we receive a review and that too a happy one as it is reassuring to know that we are doing something right. Something that you loved. Something that compelled you find time and write these kind words for us. I thank my staff for being persistent and you for being so generous. We'll be hoping to see you and your friends again. Cheers.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We have spent 3 days in this hotel and we really enjoyed.Good staff and very nice person we found in the manager mr.Rakesh that helped us for everything we need like transport and accomodation for our trip around India.we raccomanded this place for the restaurant too, located on the roof in the same structure where we had breakfast , lunch and dinner.
Clean room and decorated and wi fi free Internet !we happy :)

• Stayed November 2013
AnshuSharma, Owner at Chitra Katha, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
thank you for taking out time to write this review. we are so glad that you liked our rooftop restaurant, enjoyed free wi-fi and found the staff helpful. thank you for mentioning rakesh, he is an honest person and like you mentioned, always ready to help beyond the call of duty. all the best from our side and we will be hoping to see you soon. cheers.
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have stayed here for 4 nights. My room is small but perfectly formed with ensuite toilet and shower with plenty of hot water. Extremely clean with a lovely rooftop restaurant. The staff are helpful and you are quite near the city. My room wasn't cleaned in the 4 days I was here but nor did I ask them to.

The food is average and I haven't been able to understand why they don't chill the beer before dinner but small complaints for a lovely place.

Room Tip: If you are staying a few days they will probably discount the room rate for you.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
AnshuSharma, Owner at Chitra Katha, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Such a pleasure to receive these kind of review. We are glad that you loved your stay and cleanliness. And yes we do not make-up your room unless it is required, unavoidable or we are asked to, as it saves a lot of time and non-renewable resources like water and electricity. thank you so much. Sorry that your beverage was not chilled enough, we will make sure that it doesn't happen ever again to anyone. Cheers.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

This is the worst hotel
Because there are so many ticks and bedbug, fleas and parasites!
I got these insects bites more than 50 bites by 1 night.
I said this fact, but staff is very stupid attitude.
No apologize and laughing
It's so crazy
And staff said, ' please lend me your mobile charger ,because I wanna charge my mobile'
I could't believe his demand.
The stuff is foolish
I went to hospital, because I couldn't walk and move any more to made my body swell up and have allergy by insect bites.
After 2 weeks, I also drink some medicine what doctor has prescribed.
Should not stay here,If you want to protect your body and spend good time!
The medical expenses pay for my own money!

• Stayed August 2013
AnshuSharma, Owner at Chitra Katha, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
It is really unfortunate and sad that you had to go through this pain and treatment because of bed bugs and insect bites. However, you need to understand that we have 21 rooms and only you have complained. Bed bugs and insects do increase after the monsoon but our hotel management and staff keep it under strict vigilance and pest control is done at regular intervals. In fact the rooms are full even today and there has been no such report. We have still asked the pest contol guy to come and inspect it thoroughly. As far as insect bites go, please carry a repellent that suits your skin type. That's the only way to survive and enjoy India at the same time. Cheers.

Been to Chitra Katha? Share your experiences!