“Friendly and dedicated management” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Savoy

You added Hotel Savoy to your Saves list
Hotel Savoy
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Mirza Ismail Road ( M I Road ) | Near Bank of India, Jaipur 302001, India   |
Ranked #43 of 306 Hotels in Jaipur
Paris, France
“Friendly and dedicated management”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This hotel was the first or our rajahstan trip. We wish other hotels were like that : rooms were pretty spacious, very clean. Complementary breakfast was appreciated !
The location is good as it is close to MI Road and to old town in a quiet street.
We have appreciated the staff and the management : very polite, adviseful and caring.
It is a good quality/price deal !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelsavoyjaipur, Manager at Hotel Savoy, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
hi

Greetings from Hotel Savoy

I would wholeheartedly like to thank the guest for her kind review. We feel rewarded for our efforts every time a guest leaves happy
Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dharamsala, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

The Hotel Savoy is what every traveler hopes for - a clean, quiet room, friendly staff, a good price and a fabulous location.
Although the Savoy, like many other budget hotels does not make their hot water available all day, if you want water in the afternoon or evening, the staff will bring you a bucket of very hot water ... so that you can wash off all that shopping and sightseeing! I spent one night at the Hathroi Palace in Jaipur before I found this hotel and IT WAS A NIGHTMARE. Unlike the Hathroi the Savoy seems to really like us westerners. The food in their dining room is very tasty and reasonably priced and all the staff from the owner and his son down to the workers are all very friendly.
Besides being a really great bargain, the Savoy is right in the middle of Jaipur's shopping district and is within easy walking distance to the Pink City.
When I return to Jaipur - I hope soon - I will always stay at the Savoy and I will recommend it to everybody I know who needs a a good, reasonably priced hotel where the guests are made to feel very welcome.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

BESTHOTELFOREVER, General Manager at Hotel Savoy, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
hi

Greetings from Hotel Savoy

I would wholeheartedly like to thank the guest for her kind review. We feel rewarded for our efforts every time we generate a happy guest
San Luis Obispo, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Of all the places I stayed in India this was the best deal. At under $20 for an a/c room that was very nice and clean, had english channels, running hot water any time, and very helpful staff. They were quick to get me an extra towel, or tp, etc. Also the Grill served really good food at really cheap prices, it was a nice 'luxury' to order all the room service I wanted all the time for what amounted to $5! The wi-fi was in the lobby only but it was on 24/7, the one time it wasn't I asked and they immediatly turned it on. Definitely would recommend.

Room Tip: I heard rooms in the back were better, I had one closer to the back but can't really speak to th...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
hotelsavoyjaipur, Manager at Hotel Savoy, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Hi

I would like to thank the guest for their kind review and we look forward to serve you n the future as well
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

Value for money.... Rs 2200 for a family room ... Rooms are average ... I booked the room on my way to Jaipur .. Searched from Internet ... Not so good not so bad ...

• Stayed March 2012
hotelsavoyjaipur, Manager at Hotel Savoy, responded to this review, March 22, 2012

Greetings from Hotel Savoy

We would like to thank the guest for their kind review and would definitely work upon our short comings

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

We stayed here for six nights during the Jaipur Literature Festival 2012, and it was a really, really good experience. I will definitely come back here again, and again, and I know I don't ever need to hunt for a hotel later during the Jaipur Lit Fests in the coming years. The service, rooms, ambiance, location, and quality of food was excellent, and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Jaipur. For the price (of approximately Rs 1600 inclusive of taxes per night in a double AC room), I don't think you'll find any match to Hotel Savoy.

The location is absolutely awesome: it is on MI Road, and very much in the center of the city. It's inside a little lane on the busy market road, and is therefore both calm and buzzy. You don't feel lonely and stuffed away, and it's not very noisy either at all. The hotel was also just a great stone's throw away from Diggi Palace too (1/2 a kilometer away), where we spent all our time at the festival, and the staff at Savoy was decent, hospitable, intelligent, professional, and extremely warm to say the least. The food was exceptional. The tea was extremely, extremely delicious and refreshing, and I would recommend everything that they serve on the menu at The Grill restaurant! It is homely, well cooked, tasty, and appetising. Three cheers to the cooks for that.

The staff is extremely helpful and cooperative and very responsive to improvisations and suggestions. They were always eager to change whatever we needed in line with our needs and requirements, and were available at all times. The bathroom was really comfortable, spacious, well-designed, and clean.

The decor and the ambiance of the hotel is simple and spotlessly clean in general too, and has a very earthy, local touch - which makes you feel at home, and also truly makes you feel that you are in Rajasthan / Jaipur.

The WIFI connectivity is excellent in the rooms, though I only wish they wouldn't switch it off after midnight, because sometimes something urgent can come up. However, I believe that if requested to the staff, it can be activated without any problem. Our room had running hot and cold water at all times, as well as a heater. Coming home in the evening after an entire day felt cozy and heavenly. The room was also very well ventilated and airy and had a perfectly pleasant amount of sunlight streaming in during the afternoons and evenings. I especially liked the way the windows were designed.

My only two suggestions to the staff would be (which I mentioned while checking out of the hotel too): that firstly, the hotel cab fare is a bit expensive - we paid Rs 560 from the airport to the hotel, and Rs 300 from the hotel to the bus stand while leaving, and this can feel heavy. It really is a bit expensive, and though the service is very dependable, I think the hotel taxi price could be reduced a bit.

Secondly, there is a very dangerously placed step near the entrance of room number 206 where we stayed, and anyone can trip there and fall down and break their head if they don't watch out. The tiles of the higher floor and the lower floor are identical, and it is very difficult to notice the difference and see that there is a step that needs to be stepped down on. My mother almost tripped (though saved), and it can be very dangerous if someone doesn't notice it in a hurry. Some warning or coloured sign to alert people walking there is extremely crucial. The person at the reception told us that it was a valid suggestion and that they will look into it pronto, so we are confident this will be changed soon.

Priti (who helped us through the online booking back from Bombay), Mr BK Verma (hope I have his name / spelling correct) on the reception and Rakesh, our waiter, who served us food in our room - all made our stay very happy and warm and welcome. They were all friendly and professional both, which is a pretty rare find. Keep up the good work, Hotel Savoy, and please maintain this quality for ever! I'm really pleased that I managed to book this hotel in time before our trip.

I would 100% recommend it to anyone staying in Jaipur at any time of the year. This is really a great place. Please stay here.

Room Tip: Take room number 206 on the second floor, on the other side of the elevator. Take a room facing the...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
hotelsavoyjaipur, Manager at Hotel Savoy, responded to this review, January 26, 2012

Greetings from Hotel Savoy

We would like to thank the guest for their kind review and would definitely work upon all the suggestions.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I selected Hotel Savoy primarily based on the review here. Typically, I have found when I have gone by TripAdvisor reco, I have been impressed by at least some aspect of the hotel. I did not find anything extraordinary in this hotel. However, it was good or very good in each of the parameters: location is very good; price is very good, food is good, service is good, friendliness of staff is very good. Peace of mind and value for money. But would not rate it excellent in any parameter. So, what does that mean? If you are on a work tour and hotel is the last thing you would like to worry about, this is the one to choose at this price. But if you have gone on a fun trip, there are better options to enjoy, though they may be 15-20% costlier. For example, the rooms are so cold. I had to ask for another blanket at 6 O clock in the morning. Good thing is I got it in five minutes

Room Tip: Try to take on third or fourth floor towards the balcony
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
hotelsavoyjaipur, Manager at Hotel Savoy, responded to this review, January 24, 2012

Greetings from Hotel Savoy
Thanks for your kind review and we shall definitely try to get the Excellent Grade by you , when you visit us next time.

Kolkata
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stayed in Savoy for 3 days in November, and the stay was quite pleasant. I booked over phone and the room was ready. The room was clean and was worth the money. The toilet, balcony, elevator was quite good.
The owners were very helpful and supportive.
The best part was the location, it is very near to Rajasthali, MI Road and Ajmeri Gate. Overall a decent place to stay, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms which are in the front.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
hotelsavoyjaipur, Manager at Hotel Savoy, responded to this review, December 27, 2011

Greetings from Hotel Savoy

I would like to wholeheartedly thank the guest for their kind review. We look forward to serve you in the future as well

Regards

Been to Hotel Savoy? Share your experiences!