“Amazing experience - highly recommend!” 5 of 5 stars

Naindivi Guest House
7 Bapuji Marg | Sahkar Road, Jaipur 302001, India   |
Ranked #79 of 333 Jaipur B&B and Inns
England
“Amazing experience - highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stayed here during Diwali for two nights, and it was not enough! We were welcomed into the home by the family right away, the mum gave us all a bindhi and let us join in with their preparations for decorating the house. The rooms were lovely, situated on a rooftop with a great view of the city. They prepared a special dinner for us, and the food was incredible (not just the Diwali dinner, but each meal we had there). Even though lots of different family members came by, we felt very welcomed by everybody and they all talked to us and told us about Diwali and Jaipur. We watched them perform the 'Puja' and they let us participate, and then we all lit lots of fireworks on the street outside, it was great fun - the whole city was lit up beautifully. It's a great time to come and stay there, and totally worth the price!

Room Tip: All rooms were very nice, but one has a balcony if you prefer (though not so necessary as all rooms...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed at Naindivi for 3 nights in April 2013. I had a beautiful, comfortable room, opening out on to the roof terrace. Although I had already been in India for 2 weeks with a group, this was my first stop while travelling alone and I think staying with a family was a much better option than being in a faceless hotel. I felt very welcome and they were extremely helpful in organising transport for me. Seema's food was wonderful, and she tailored it to my tastes. I particularly loved the mango dessert!
One tip - if you have problems with tuk tuk drivers finding the address, one of the shopping malls just up the road is called Crystal Palms, they all know where that is.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Gdańsk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at Sanjeev and Seema's house in the beginning of 2011. The place is nicely settled in the back of a side alley next to a bigger road, so it doesn't get all the street noises but you are still close to traffic to get a cab without a problem. The rooms open to a nice roof-top terrace that's sheltered from the sun and wind a little but still opens with a nice and airy city view. You can access the rooms independently from the owner's household, yet the entrance is on a fenced private grounds so you can feel safe at night. The owners family cooks really good and I do mean good, westerner compatible good, I really loved the breakfast omelette :-D
Seema even lent us her sari for a wedding ceremony we were to attend - my wife looked splendid it it! I have never enjoyed a stay anywhere so much. We came in as strangers and left as friends, can you say that about many a hotel?

• Stayed January 2013
Penzance, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Having read great reviews for Naindivi guesthouse, I had quite high expectations that were fully met when I spent a memorable month in the beautiful and historic city of Jaipur. The ensuite room was clean and very comfortable while the home-cooked food was a complete revealation!
I cannot recommend it enough!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
naindivi, Owner at Naindivi Guest House, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dearest Guest,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your valuable input for us and would like to be your hosts again.

Best Wishes,

NAINDIVI TEAM
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I've tried to post a review for this place several times, but Tripadvisor keeps flagging them for some reason...I hope this goes through because Naindivi is great!

I studied Hindi in Jaipur over the summer, and stayed at the Naindivi Guest House for about a month. The rooms were lovely, clean and spacious (with in-room A/C, TV, and private bathroom with a real shower and Western toilet but no pesky lizards!). Our language program set up our home stays, and we ate breakfast and dinner at the house. Seema's cooking is amazing, and I'm still craving some of her dishes (particularly pumpkin curry and baingan aloo - eggplant potato). Both Seema and Sanjeev were kind and helpful in navigating life in Jaipur. (Their girls were also a lot of fun to talk to!) It was my first time out of the US, and they helped make the experience a great one.

The house is located in a central location, near a main street, with two large malls walking distance away. I was able to take a rickshaw to different points in the city for about 50 rupees (though you will have to fight for 30-50 rupees, most visitors will probably spend around 70-100 until they learn to negotiate). The family at Naindivi speaks English fluently, which is helpful for those not well educated in Hindi, particularly since English is not a dominant language in Jaipur.

I had a great summer living at Naindivi, and I would highly recommend it to anyone else visiting Jaipur. It definitely rivals staying in an impersonal, cold hotel. If I return to Jaipur, I definitely want to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

To experience homestay during a holiday trip, we have booked Naindivi guest house for our stay during our recent Jaipur Trip(Nov 29-Dec1, 2012). We should say that we made a good choice as Naindivi hosts took care of us in all way possible during our stay. We were very impressed about their committment to ensure that guest are reaching their place in time safely and get full attention until they leave Jaipur. Thats really great. We enjoyed nice delecious food (home made) and sharing of experience through chit chat in different time. All together, I have to say that I want to vist Jaipur again and would like to stay in Naidivi. Big thanks to Sanjeev and Seema for their great work.
Karthik, Singapore, Dec 12, 2012

Room Tip: Rooms on south side are quieter
Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jaipur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My stay at the Naindivi guesthouse had been amazing so far! I am here for 3 months in total so it is really nice to be in a homely environment rather than some hotel. The meals that Seema makes are wonderful, its great to taste real home-cooked indian food, such a different experience from restaurant food. My room is really spacious and nicely decorated, it has a clean attached bathroom with hot shower and western toilet (unlike many other indian guesthouses). The bed is huge and has a proper mattress and there is lots of storage space, a nice seating area, air con, and a sky tv with lots of english channels. The family have been really helpful with sorting out anything from transport to getting sim cards. Sanjeev is very knowledgeable about Jaipur and India in general so is a good source of information as to where to go. All in all it has been a very comfortable stay, the family are so welcoming and go out of their way to help with anything you need. If I come back to Jaipur I will be sure to stay here again!!

Room Tip: either of the rooms opening out onto the roof terrace are especially lovely, a nice seating ared and...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Naindivi Guest House? Share your experiences!