I have booked a 10 day trip through Rajasthan and Delhi in May based on recommendation from friends who used them and the raving ratings from trip advisor. I will try to be objective about how it went in the following review.
This was our first chauffeured trip and we were a bit weary as it seems a bit snobbish but in India it's a must if you have limited time and wish to see as much as you can. Because everything went pretty much smooth, I give it full points.
* the car was always on time wherever and whenever we needed it. we have had 3 different drivers as we arrived in delhi 3 times from different parts of the country. every single time the service was consistent and professional.
* you can book a smaller car too: we had toyota etios most of the time. Even at 40 degrees C it handles well, AC is sufficient and the roads are remarcably good so no comfort issues. Of course a bigger car will be cozy-er and feel safer, although i think airbags are optional on all models and none of them seemed to have it (we had the innova and the scorpion in delhi which was a pleasant surprise)
* I can recommend Fateh Singh, our driver for a week. He was professional and a nice, soft spoken person with good English skills. He drove us safely all around Rajasthan and recommended some attractions on the way, was always helpful and positive and offered an insight into the local culture. I learned quite a few interesting things along the way.
* The driver will give you a mobile phone to keep in touch with him
* Sonia, the owner's daughter arranged everything for us and was available on the phone to clarify any questions.
The potential improvements:
* Not all cars have the same equipment: one had a broken rear seat-belt. Some cars have smartphone chargers which may prove useful - you may wish to request that.
* An icebox could be nice to welcome clients with water and keep drinks cool on long journeys
* Perhaps equipping the cars with GPS devices could help in Delhi or less popular areas
* Not all drivers have a good command of English but with a bit of good will it can be managed.
* I learned that the driver gets only 200 rupees/day as allowance and if true, I find it too little compared to what we pay - this is compensated with the tips but still.
Once again, overall it's a great way to visit the country hassle-free and to the point, quite important if on a tight schedule.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.