“They double booked our room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Vinayak Guesthouse

You added Vinayak Guesthouse to your Saves list
Vinayak Guesthouse
Plot No. 4, Kabir Marg (Behind Shops) | Bani park , Near Collectrate Circle, Jaipur 302016, India   |
Ranked #6 of 229 Specialty Lodging in Jaipur
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dehradun, India
“They double booked our room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We arrived late, around 9:30pm, but had booked and put a deposit down on a room at least 2 weeks in advance. They had double-booked our room and put us up across the street at their 'extension' for a night, and than we moved into the actual guesthouse the next day. It was pretty disappointing, especially after a long travel day. Although the guesthouse is friendly and the rooms are nice, the experience left us a little weary of writing a totally great review.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The family there were very friendly and warmly welcomed me in even when I did not made a reservation. Regardless of me being deaf, they made it convenient for me to travel around Jaipur with tuktuk. They were constantly checking on me and making sure I was feeling comfortable and I did not hesitant to come up to them if there were any problems which there weren't. The room were full but they placed me into a computer room with floor mattress which was perfect for me as it is cheaper and still had company around which I enjoyed. The food upstair on the top roof was a bit of a wait which I did not mind at all regardless. I really would recommend this place with five star as I spent the last days in India there, I felt it was a perfect place and atmosphere for my last days.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thames
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Lovely, atmospheric, clean. We had splashed out on a 700r room, with painting on the wall, spacious and little balcony.
We were feeling pretty sick with colds, and the owner arranged an auto driver to take us to a homeopathic doctor we had asked for, who helped us until we got all we needed.
On the day we left with a night train, he offered us to use the mattresses in the computer room, and a shower and toilet outside. This was unique. Very, very friendly owners, no touts etc.
The restaurant is less to write about, long waits, and food less than average. We sometimes ate at the neighbouring hotel.
Railway not far away, which also means you hear the tooting of trains (our room must have been towards the station).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed there 2 nights
Great value for money. The rooms are clean, bright (we had one with a small balcony), and had hot water (once we found the button to action it !)
The location is good : Not far from train station or city centre
Loved the roof terrace and food served
Staff is extremely friendly and regularly came to talk to us to give advice, recommendations and see how our trip was going.
Very pleasant stay. Would definitely go again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was having problem in find a place to stay in Jaipur and booked this place on hostel world and wen.t the with no expectations at all.... but it was a really good surprise!!!! The place is grat! A very good room... with nice elephant decoration! really good shower with hot water... an excelet restaurant on foof top... good food ... good place to talk with other travellers and the family that run the place was really helpful...they help me to buy bus tickets.... I really reccomend the place have a great value for money!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Vinayak Guesthouse. I was very pleased with how clean the room was and the warm welcome offered by the owners. I felt at home and was pleased to have free wifi access, a computer in the guestlounge, and a large terrace where I could hang dry my clothes. The food in the restaurant was delicious. Overall a great experience for a great value! I highly recommend staying at the Vinayak Guesthouse and will be sure to return when next in Jaipur.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Pokhara, Nepal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Wonderful family, wonderful service. This was the best guesthouse I've stayed at in India. Hot water, tv, private bathroom, comfy bed and spacious room. Wifi is available in the wifi room or at their roof top restaurant. The breakfast is delicious.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Vinayak Guesthouse? Share your experiences!