“Perfect place to stay in Jaipur, especially for women travellers” 5 of 5 stars

Rawla Rawatstar
D-194-A, Jagdish Marg | Behind Sindhi Camp, Banipark, Jaipur 302 001, India   |
Ranked #17 of 311 Jaipur B&B and Inns
Munich, Germany
“Perfect place to stay in Jaipur, especially for women travellers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Rawla Rawatsar is a beautiful, centrally placed homestay in a very nice palace with a highly welcoming landlady and her family.
You feel ad once at home and comfortable, get great breakfast, beautiful rooms and can even dine here.
There are very tastefully furnished rooms and terraces in which or on which to stay, read, enjoy the silence in the middle of Jaipur and have a cup of tea.
I will certainly come back and recommend this place vividly, especially for women (single traveller).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Rawla homestay was our preferred accommodation out of the five we stayed in during our three week holiday through India. It is impeccably clean, furnished beautifully with Sanyogita being the perfect hostess. We arrived very late due to a delay in flights ad she organized a very late dinner for 19 weary travelers, nothing was too much trouble. The staff were all very friendly and it was a pleasant surprise to have hot water as more expensive places we stayed in failed us in the hot water department. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I arrived late at night from one of those hellishly long bus rides in India and felt like I had arrived home! The servant who showed me to my room was just great, got me tea and toast and gave me space to recover my mood. Later I met with Sanyogita and in the morning had a lovely chat with her dad.
I was only passing through but looked at most of the rooms, they all are fabulous and really made me feel like I was visiting my own family house. Breakfast is served on beautiful balconies, the garden sports enough greenery to encourage peacocks and even though the busy market is only a walk away, this is a true oasis of peace.
Perfect place for women travelers!!

Room Tip: All rooms have their own charm and their own balcony, you can be as private or as social as you feel...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Helmond, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stayed here for 6 nights, it was my third stay in Jaipur...and I really loved it. First my choice was Jas Villas,also a great place but above my budget, and they recommanded Rawla house.
And actually I was so happy to find this very nice and cosy place. The rooms are all very nice, the beds so comfortable, bathroom spotless clean with lots of towels,so many nice places to sit in the sun or if you want in the shadow. There is also a very nice garden which is well kept.
Breakfast is included and great, everything is fresh and there is a lot of choice,I also had my dinner here several times and it was so tasty and fresh.The buttermilk was great !! There is a free wi-fi in every room 24 hours and the family is living downstairs, which gives you a very safe feeling as a single femail traveller.
Location is perfect : just behind the busstation and near to the railway station, old and new city are easy to reach by foot or tuk-tuk.
The owner is ms. Sanyogita and she is such a wonderfull host, she is taking care of all her guests and when I was having my evening dinner ( alone) , she always asked me if I wanted company and I really liked to hear her stories about Jaipur and her family, she is simply such a nice person.She even took me in her own car to some places I wanted to go to look for nice bedlinnen,you should not miss this place : Anooki is the name, if you love wonderfull quality gifts,cloths etc from Jaipur. There is also a very cosy restaurant , so you can shop and eat at one location, superb...Thanks Sanyogita for taking me there !!
In the morning time there is a yogaclass at 10.00 am for 1 hour which you can join if you like, of course in open air ..
Only one thing culd be a bit negativ...there are quite some wild peacocks who woke me up in early morning when the sun is rising..but they are so beautifull that you can't get angry at them.
No doubt : I will always come back to this place when I go back to Jaipur...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Rawla is a beautiful house with lovely clean rooms and lots of terrace space for soaking up the sun with a good book! Sanyogita was an excellent host - when we unfortunately missed our next train from Jaipur she made sure we could come back and stay in the same room for an extra night. Breakfasts were great as were the home cooked dinners, a real treat when we'd been out in the hustle and bustle of Jaipur all day. We had a wonderful stay and would recommend Rawla to anyone looking for an elegant, clean, quiet place to stay in the Pink City.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

Rawla Rawatsar is a great guest house in a convenient location amid Jaipur. It is well-kept and very clean with a beautiful garden in front and views of peacocks and horses in back. Sanyogita is a wonderful host offering excellent advice for sightseeing and the staff is equally hard-working/helpful. There is a nearby rickshaw stand within walking distance, making it very easy to get a ride to your destination.

Thank you, Sanyogita and staff, for a wonderful stay in your beautiful city. I wish you much continued success.

Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

We were blown away by this delightful home-stay run by the charming Sanyogita - who gave so much helpful advice. We had two adjoining de-luxe rooms with a connecting door which was perfect for a family stay and excellent value compared to some other places we stayed in India.
Note that the location is wrongly marked on Google map. We found a good landmark for taxi / rickshaw drivers was one of the neighbour hotels (e.g. Laxmi Palace) or the Sindhi Camp bus station on Station Road. We found the location excellent - being in a quiet road yet a short walk to the pre-pay autorickshaw booth on Station Road (saving fare negotiation hassle).
We would choose to stay here again if ever back in Jaipur - and there is plenty we didn't have time to see - so you never know!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Rawla Rawatstar? Share your experiences!