“Great Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Suryaa Villa

You added Suryaa Villa to your Saves list
Suryaa Villa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C-2 Peelwa Garden, Moti Doongri Road | Moti Dongri Road, Jaipur 302004, India   |
Offers & Announcements
40% off room rate
Ranked #60 of 306 Hotels in Jaipur
Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights the reception staff was very helpful and tried to contact the tour operator for us with no joy. The hotel has a tour desk and they arranged again our tour for us with effecentcy, they were very good. The rooms were large and the beds comfy. Our room was for smokers and I am glad to see that there are still some of us around. You could also smoke at the front entrance. The room was very quite and the staff always had a smile on their faces. The restraunt meals were good and at breakfast you coould have anything off the hot buffet and omletes were made in front of you with a choice of fillings that you required. Thanks for sorting out our tour and would definately recommend this hotel to anyone. Never seen staff anywhere that was so helpful. Thanks again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
DhananjaySingh_1084, General Manager at Suryaa Villa, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thanks for your kind feedback.
We am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and the fact that you enjoyed loved our rooms & relished the freshly made meals prepared at our poolside restaurant.
I am sure you will surely return for a longer duration and give us a chance to serve you again.
I am sharing this feedback with my team to encourage them.

Best Regards
Dhananjay Singh Rathore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed there with my Mom and we had a really good experience. Hotel decor is very warm and cozy with attention to details. Rooms are big, clean with good showers. Staff is very friendly and more than happy to help with just about anything you need. We left our luggage there for a week with no charge at all. I recommend this hotel warmly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
DhananjaySingh_1084, Owner at Suryaa Villa, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful feedback.
Comments such as these always encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best in hospitality and service.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at Suryaa Villa and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Warm regards,
Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Suryaa Villa is great place to stay while in Jaipur. The buildings a beautiful and in traditional style, the staff is so friendly and helpfull, and the food is great, there is almost no need to eat out! We spent 5 nights, and enjoyed them all very much. Thanks to all staff members for great service:) We'll definitely come back to Suryaa villa next time we're in Jaipur.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We thank you for staying at the Suryaa Villa, Jaipur and wish to express our gratitude for having chosen to stay with us. We are pleased to know that you found the hotel location convenient and your overall experience came up as a great one . Thank you for appreciating the interiors of the traditional architecture of villa & the food served in our restaurant.
Thanking you and look forward to your continued patronage,

Yours sincerely,
Jaipur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I've stayed here three years running; it's done nothing but get better, And it was wonderful to begin with. It's quiet, it's clean, the restaurant is excellent, the service is wonderful. Everybody at this hotel is so kind, so helpful, they all go out of their way to make me feel at home. They make me feel like I'm part of the family. I don't want to go on and on, but I really love this place. I've seen a few of the bigger, fancier hotels, and I wouldn't stay at those places even if the price was the same. I want to add a disclaimer; I am not related to the owners, even though they treat me like family. I am from California, I'm an Italian American, and the owners are 100% Indian, so really, there are no blood ties; it just feels like there are.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the higher floors.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
I was really pleased to read your comments following your return stay with us at Suryaa Villa, Jaipur. I was so glad that we have once again met your expectations and that you felt like part of our family when staying with us.

I have passed on your very kind words to my great team. Please come back soon where I am sure you will have another great stay with us.

My best wishes,
Dhananjay
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Suryaa Villa. The staff did their best to help as needed, the restaurant is very decent, and the grounds are quite lovely. With a few small touches this place could be great. Our primary complaint was the substandard cleanliness. Our room's floor had a stain (ketchup?) when we arrived, and it wasn't cleaned throughout our visit. The hand towel wasn't once changed, despite my efforts to replace the dingy one we had all week. Also, there is no heating and the room was freezing. I was sorry the windows all had gaps. Likely if we visited in July I would have been glad for the breeze.

Finally, for a place that seemed to court western visitors and families, I was surprised there was no crib or baby cot available. We were travelling with a baby and I wouldn't have stayed here had I known no crib was available.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Suryapratap_292, Owner at Suryaa Villa, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind feedback which is genuinely appreciated as we use this to review what improvements we can make to our product and service. I am delighted to note that you felt that you were looked after by our team in general very well and the fact that you enjoyed the food served in our pool-view restaurant.

I have noted that your room wasn't serviced during your stay which I am most concerned about as all the rooms serviced daily by our housekeeping team. However I would like to bring to your notice that we have clearly displayed in the rooms and at the front desk that in order to get your room serviced the guests need to leave their room keys at the reception. Whilst we do not provide heaters in the rooms on arrival, we are more than willing to provide room heaters on request at charge if could have requested one during your stay.

I have noted your comments with regards to cribs being not provided, please be rest assured that we will revisit these to ensure that we have cribs in place for family traveling with children.

I do sincerely hope that we will see you again, and have the opportunity to show you how great The Suryaa Villa truly is.

Kindest regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed here from 17th-19th Jan 2014.Its out of city-centre but good for us since it was close to Diggi Palace where the literary fest takes place every year.
Location is really a down-point as there are no eating-out places nearby besides it being a little forlorn and lost.Not recommeded for ladies on their own-my daughter and I got lost and the bylanes were quiet and shady.
The hotel rooms are good, large but no heating at all -when Jaipur has 5-10 degree temp.Though plenty of coverings.
The attached restaurant-separate-served good food and we thoroughly enjoyed Rajasthani Rotis.The BF buffet was high priced at Rs550 by even Mumbai standards and only served eggs,tea,juice,aloo paranthas and banana.Order as you want-much better and cheaper.
Take care about billing-he did try to add my airport pickup again after i paid it -and somehow i dont think it was a mistake...

Room Tip: backside upper are better, quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Suryapratap_292, Owner at Suryaa Villa, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Dr. Medha,

Thank you for your review of Suryaa Villa, Jaipur

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed the Rajasthani roti's served in our restaurant and found our rooms to be comfortable.

With regard to our location, we would never suggest that we were an obvious choice for easy access to the City but we do find that many people enjoy our location as we are within 10 drive to a host of monuments like Hawa Mahal, City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Albert Hall and Birla Temple

While we do not provide room heaters on arrival, our team is more than willing to provide room heaters on request at no charge if a guests requests. I am sorry this service was extended to you.

I am surprised to know that the charges for the breakfast buffet were wrongly informed to you as 550 as standard charges are INR 275 per person. I am personally going to follow up this with the staff members concerned. With the feedback we received largely from TripAdvisor we have increased the options on our buffets and I am sure our chef will be ecstatic to read your review.

I was especially concerned to read your comment about the billing issue about the airport pick up charges as the charges were included in your booking but the payment is due on arrival, we do not charge the credit card given to guarantee the booking which is clearly advertised on our website.

I very much hope that we can yet encourage you to stay with us again so I can put your above concerns to rest.

Kind Regards,
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

After reading the many positive reviews I expected better from this hotel. The rooms were fine and clean enough, but were never serviced during our stay and we ran out of toilet paper (1 roll provided) and had to buy our own. The room was very cold even after we asked for a heater (which was very small) as we were there in the winter. The shower was quite terrible, rarely hot and with poor water pressure.

The hotel is not nearly as well located as they advertise, it is a long walk (20 - 30 mins) to any of the sights in the old city, and we ended up having to get tuk-tuks everywhere.

The service left a lot to be desired, we put washing in and was promised it would be done that night. We tried to collect it at 10pm and were told they hadn't even started washing it yet. We got it back a whole day late and ended up running out of things to wear.

Stay here if you must, as it is good value for money, but be aware what you'll get.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at Suryaa Villa, Jaipur. I am happy to know that you found out hotel to be clean and value for money which is a top priority for us. However I would like to bring to your notice that we have clearly displayed in the rooms and at the front desk that in order to get your room serviced the guests need to leave their room keys at the reception. Also we provide additional toilet rolls at no charge on request if you would have informed us during your stay with us. I also note that you found our room heaters smaller compared the large size rooms that we offer. Please rest assured that we will revisit these to ensure that we replace them larger and more effective room heaters.

Based on your feedback we have made the necessary changes to our water pump and solar heating panels have been fitted with heating rods to ensure seamless hot water 24/7 even on a cloudy day.

While you have rightly mentioned that we are at a 20 minutes walk to the old city but the distance is less than 2.5 km which is exactly what we have advertised and by tuk-tuk that the travel time is about 5-10 minutes who charge less than INR 50/- for a drop.

Please accept my sincere apologies that we delayed the laundry delivery due to bad weather and unforeseen delay on the part of our vendor. To tackle this issue we have changed our laundry vendor with immediate effect.

Please be rest assured that this has been followed up with my team and I would like to send you a separate private email to reinforce this. I very much hope that I can persuade you to consider trying us once more.

Best Wishes,
Surya Pratap Singh

Been to Suryaa Villa? Share your experiences!