“Out of city, average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Suryaa Villa

You added Suryaa Villa to your Saves list
Suryaa Villa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C-2 Peelwa Garden, Moti Doongri Road | Moti Dongri Road, Jaipur 302004, India   |
Offers & Announcements
50% off room rate
Ranked #57 of 306 Hotels in Jaipur
“Out of city, average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed here from 17th-19th Jan 2014.Its out of city-centre but good for us since it was close to Diggi Palace where the literary fest takes place every year.
Location is really a down-point as there are no eating-out places nearby besides it being a little forlorn and lost.Not recommeded for ladies on their own-my daughter and I got lost and the bylanes were quiet and shady.
The hotel rooms are good, large but no heating at all -when Jaipur has 5-10 degree temp.Though plenty of coverings.
The attached restaurant-separate-served good food and we thoroughly enjoyed Rajasthani Rotis.The BF buffet was high priced at Rs550 by even Mumbai standards and only served eggs,tea,juice,aloo paranthas and banana.Order as you want-much better and cheaper.
Take care about billing-he did try to add my airport pickup again after i paid it -and somehow i dont think it was a mistake...

Room Tip: backside upper are better, quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Suryapratap_292, Owner at Suryaa Villa, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Dr. Medha,

Thank you for your review of Suryaa Villa, Jaipur

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed the Rajasthani roti's served in our restaurant and found our rooms to be comfortable.

With regard to our location, we would never suggest that we were an obvious choice for easy access to the City but we do find that many people enjoy our location as we are within 10 drive to a host of monuments like Hawa Mahal, City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Albert Hall and Birla Temple

While we do not provide room heaters on arrival, our team is more than willing to provide room heaters on request at no charge if a guests requests. I am sorry this service was extended to you.

I am surprised to know that the charges for the breakfast buffet were wrongly informed to you as 550 as standard charges are INR 275 per person. I am personally going to follow up this with the staff members concerned. With the feedback we received largely from TripAdvisor we have increased the options on our buffets and I am sure our chef will be ecstatic to read your review.

I was especially concerned to read your comment about the billing issue about the airport pick up charges as the charges were included in your booking but the payment is due on arrival, we do not charge the credit card given to guarantee the booking which is clearly advertised on our website.

I very much hope that we can yet encourage you to stay with us again so I can put your above concerns to rest.

Kind Regards,
Surya Pratap Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

After reading the many positive reviews I expected better from this hotel. The rooms were fine and clean enough, but were never serviced during our stay and we ran out of toilet paper (1 roll provided) and had to buy our own. The room was very cold even after we asked for a heater (which was very small) as we were there in the winter. The shower was quite terrible, rarely hot and with poor water pressure.

The hotel is not nearly as well located as they advertise, it is a long walk (20 - 30 mins) to any of the sights in the old city, and we ended up having to get tuk-tuks everywhere.

The service left a lot to be desired, we put washing in and was promised it would be done that night. We tried to collect it at 10pm and were told they hadn't even started washing it yet. We got it back a whole day late and ended up running out of things to wear.

Stay here if you must, as it is good value for money, but be aware what you'll get.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Suryapratap_292, Owner at Suryaa Villa, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at Suryaa Villa, Jaipur. I am happy to know that you found out hotel to be clean and value for money which is a top priority for us. However I would like to bring to your notice that we have clearly displayed in the rooms and at the front desk that in order to get your room serviced the guests need to leave their room keys at the reception. Also we provide additional toilet rolls at no charge on request if you would have informed us during your stay with us. I also note that you found our room heaters smaller compared the large size rooms that we offer. Please rest assured that we will revisit these to ensure that we replace them larger and more effective room heaters.

Based on your feedback we have made the necessary changes to our water pump and solar heating panels have been fitted with heating rods to ensure seamless hot water 24/7 even on a cloudy day.

While you have rightly mentioned that we are at a 20 minutes walk to the old city but the distance is less than 2.5 km which is exactly what we have advertised and by tuk-tuk that the travel time is about 5-10 minutes who charge less than INR 50/- for a drop.

Please accept my sincere apologies that we delayed the laundry delivery due to bad weather and unforeseen delay on the part of our vendor. To tackle this issue we have changed our laundry vendor with immediate effect.

Please be rest assured that this has been followed up with my team and I would like to send you a separate private email to reinforce this. I very much hope that I can persuade you to consider trying us once more.

Best Wishes,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed here for 5 days during the Jaipur Literature Festival. Each room is different and the ambiance is very good. The food maybe a little expensive but the quality is worth the money. The service was good and staff was very helpful. First few days we ate out but when I tried the food here, it was worth every penny. I would want to go here again.

Room Tip: All rooms are different and based on the number of persons staying.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
We thank you for staying at the Suryaa Villa, Jaipur and wish to express our gratitude for having chosen to stay with us.

Thank you for appreciating the room & I am glad that you found the food quality good & worth the money. I have shared your appreciation with my team and again thank you on behalf of my entire team for choosing to stay with us and appreciating us.

With Regards
Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Me, my husband and our baby had a very nice stay at Suryaa Hotel. The staff were great and very helpful and the food in the restaurant was good. Only complaint is that the room (which was big and fine) was quite cold as there was no heating and Jaipur was cold the weekend we stayed there. Location was quite but central - 10 minutes by auto. Overall a very nice hotel :)

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Suryaa Villa.

We are pleased to know that you found the hotel location convenient and your overall experience came up as a great one . While we do not provide heaters in all rooms on arrival, our team is more than willing to provide heaters on request. Please accept my sincere apologies as we were not able to extend you this facility.

My entire team at Suryaa Villa, Jaipur will look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Thanks and Regards
Laguna Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

My friends and I were treated like family! We also loved the family dog, Sulton!
Great food and service. Good open meeting places to enjoy with new friends.
Small tile pool to cool down in warm weather. There is a free book swap if you need another read!

Room Tip: Lots of stairs....not a problem. If you don't like stairs. Choose ground floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Suryapratap_292, Owner at Suryaa Villa, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
I was so pleased to read your feedback following your recent stay with us at Suryaa Villa, Jaipur. I was so glad to see that you were treated like family and enjoyed spending time with friends in our courtyard.
Please do come and see us again in the near future and I have passed on your kind words to my brilliant team.

Kind regards,
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Location of the Hotel is very good.All your major tourist spot are nearby within a range of 2km.
Hotel service and food quality is good.If you are looking for a budget hotel this could be one of your choice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your detailed feedback following your recent stay at Suryaa Villa, Jaipur. I am pleased to know that you found our location central within close proximity to all major attractions.

Please do come and see us again soon!!

Best Wishes,
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed in suryaa villa for 4 days in August 2013 and I have to say that it was more than only a beautiful place to stay. The rooms were clean and cozy and the hotel served delicious meals as well! the highlight to this place is that it receives good amount of travelers and you never feel alone staying here as you can enter into conversation with the other travelers and learn about their experiences of traveling.

I liked the small (but clean) swimming pool that this place!

Great for its

Room Tip: They have a packages which includes free wifi and complimentary breakfast. you could choose that as...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Suryapratap_292, Owner at Suryaa Villa, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at Suryaa Villa. I was really pleased that you liked the clean cozy rooms which is a top priority for us. Its great that you were able to interacting and sharing your experiences with various travellers that frequent us from around the globe.

Please do come and see us again soon where i am sure we will meet your expectations once again.

Kind regards,
Surya Pratap Singh

Been to Suryaa Villa? Share your experiences!