“Dirty hotel, we paid less money for better in Rajastan” 2 of 5 stars

Heritage Hotel Vaishnavi
4-B, Kabir Marg,, Jaipur 300016, India   |
Ranked #180 of 311 Hotels in Jaipur
Paris, France
“Dirty hotel, we paid less money for better in Rajastan”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We got there as our rickshaw driver knew the owner (big mistake from our side accepting this). This is exactly the kind of situations to avoid as these people only care about their commission and very little about the quality of the establishment (call it a hotel, restaurant, etc). The price was 1200 Rs per night for 3 people and I consider this overrated. This of course included the commission for the guy that took us there.
The hotel looks very nice from the outside but the room and bathroom were dirty. The roof top restaurant if you can call it like that, had the same hygienic issues. Don´t even bother going to the bathroom up there if you want to be in peace with yourself after eating there.
The service was very poor. The guy from the reception did very little to find us a cab (during a rickshaw strike) to go back to the station as he was too busy checking facebook.
My recommendation, avoid staying in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
delhi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Last week I was in the hotel and I stayed there for two nights. A richshaw driver brought me here after another hotel was fullbooked. I payed 600 Roepies a night for a quit clean room (cleaner than the others I've been in Delhi and Agra for 500 roepies). It was low season, so there were not many guests, just a few. But the staff was friendly and the last evening I met the family and they were also very friendly!! The food was ok, but not very special and more expensive than other restaurants. I was a single woman traveler (28) and did not recognise the other reviews, maybe things changed or it is because of the low season?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Jaipur
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

A nice entrance is no guarantee for a nice room. The more expensive rooms (about 1100 rs) looked nice and the 500 rs room didn't. The midpriced ones where bearable (not too clean and with water dropping in the bathroom). If you manage to get here alone (without touts and ricksha-wallas acompanying you) I guess you can get it cheaper.
There is a rooftop-restaurant and the food ranges from ok to excellent (the Tikka Paneer Butter Masala!), but I think there is different cooks on different days cause the quality and composition of the food varies alot.

The rooftop restaurant is a well freqeunted favorite for Touts and Gigolos, and there "victims".
The staff on both the hotel and restaurant is quite friedly, but you shouldn't be in a hurry.

It is qutie a distance to the center of Jaipur and the good restaurants, so you'll have to go by a ricksha all the time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Previous poster, Amy’s, experiences at this hotel bring back negative memories of my time there. I believe I met “Jimmy,” the rickshaw driver Amy mentioned. He goes by the Indian name Jva. Amy’s comment that Jva (aka “Jimmy”) wanted hugs is consistent with my encounter with Jva. I was harassed by Jva. He must have been hanging around outside the hotel (with a group of rickshaw drivers) when I arrived/checked in and decided to target me. I first noticed Jva at the hotel restaurant. Clearly, he wasn’t there to have a meal. He approached me and was very open that he wanted sex. I repeatedly told him, “No.” In a separate evening encounter, one of Jva’s ‘colleagues’ also told me he wanted sex. He said he would give me an ayurvedic massage. He used the same pick-up lines as Jva, “I want to caring sharing with you...”
This place is sleazy with rickshaw drivers coming and going as they please, bringing outside alcohol into the hotel to consume at the hotel restaurant, and harassing women guests.
A week before my arrival in Jaipur I made reservation requests at Sunder Palace and Pearl Palace Hotel; however, both were fully booked. I only stayed here as a last resort.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Essex
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My friend and I (28 year old women) stayed at this hotel following moving from another awful hotel in the area by recommendation of a rickshaw driver named Jimmy, as we didn't have the time or means to research another hotel. He turned out to be the brother of one of the owners, The hotel was actually ok with a nice hot shower and poster bed and the hotel staff were friendly and professional. However, we organised with the said rickshaw driver to take us around the sights as he seemed friendly and knowledgeable. Big mistake! He introduced us to his friends, who were supposedly 'colleagues' and one of them took us around Jaipur initially but then on the second day seemed disinterested and wanted to leave us. It turned out that these people, although not hotel staff, seem to spend all of their time drinking at the hotel and harassing tourists, particularly women. We received multiple phone calls to our room asking us to join them at the bar and everytime we saw them hanging around the reception or outside hotel, Jimmy wanted 'hugs' and became even more harassing when I refused. Another one became angry at me when I didn't want to go to see a 'guru' who could tell me my future at 10 30 at night. All in all, these people spoilt our couple of days there and the hotel are well aware of them but don't seem to do anything about it, which is a shame as if these men hadn't been there, it would have been a pleasant stay.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Kilkenny, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I do not believe that somebody actually make reservation in this hotel. It is more likely that people end up in this place on tuktuk driver pushy 'recommendation' like us. We arrived to jaipur at night, without reservation, choose some guest house from LP but the owner asked for ridiculous 1300rupies so we end up back on the street and wanted to go to try another place from the book. But this driver 'magically' appeared and try to persuade us to come with him with promise of clean,cheap, lovely,new hotel. Because we were tired after many hours in bus we unfortunately ate it. For the first and last time in India.
The place looked very nice from outside I have to admit. As I said we were exhausted and it was night so even after seeing the room we stayed. In the middle of the night I woke up and could not stop scratching all over my body. After I managed to fall asleep in early morning hours horrible banging (like somebody working with hammer)woke us up. Bathroom smelled horribly. The walls were disgusting, dirty from bottom to ceiling. Would not dare to try their restaurant. Weird people hanging around the place. After we heard that police is in that hotel very often and that weird things are going on.
I could deal with most of the things but bedbugs? NEVER. The following day we moved to another place,nobody asked as why, they must be used to it:-)

Room Tip: do not go there
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of October 2012. We were two wome travelling. This hoteli is crawling with Gigilos .Women beware! The hotel itself is ok.We paid 900 rupees, I thougt this to be steep because the room was just ok.
The roof top cafe just did not know how to make a good p of coffee. The other items on the menu were not too bad.. I found the hotel to be a little out of the way. Since anywhere I needed to go I hadto take some form of tansportation.
I'm not sure I'll visit again.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if all terooms have a balcony, but a room with a balcony is really great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Heritage Hotel Vaishnavi? Share your experiences!