“Not safe! Be aware!” 1 of 5 stars

Sitaram Puri, | Sitarampuri, Amer Road, Jaipur 302002, India   |
Ranked #16 of 208 Specialty lodging in Jaipur
“Not safe! Be aware!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel is not safe! They receives groups from India's tourism fraudulent companies! I was a victim of a tourist office scam (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293860-c91462/India:Scams.And.Schemes.html), and I've noticed that all the others guests (there was very few guests at the hotel) had this kind of "private taxi driver/ guide" from the tourism fraudulent companies, so it seems that its something very usual in this hotel.

Besides, if the shower is broken (if you complain they won't try to fix it or move you to another room), the reception staff is not friendly at all, he will always be serious and sarcastic, and not willing to help or give any kind of information.

I strongly not recommend to stay here!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Goa, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Rooms are spacious with nice ambient lighting ofcourse Very clean and neat.
Room service is prompt, the staff is very cooperative.
Breakfast was really good.
Overall very good hotel to stay in Jaipur.
The only drawback is its abit far from the main city but not an problem as usually we travel by a taxi.

Stayed December 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Really nice room, very helpful staff, nice restaurant although they let a terrible band play during the evening! WiFi in room.

They also went to great lengths to find my fiancée's earrings, which she had left.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

If this hotel is comparable in price to the other hotels we stayed at in Rajasthan, then it is great for the price (see paragraph below on my trip, I actually don’t know what the hotel was paid for our stay). The location is out of the city center, so you’ll need to take a taxi into town, though it may be walkable if that’s your thing.

Extremely clean rooms with numerous amenities – space heater in the room (nice since we went through Rajasthan in the winter), a bathtub clean and big enough that our two girls could take a bath. Though the hot water was a mere trickle, at least in our room. There’s a dance show in the restaurant every night, though I saw advertisements for this type of dance in several hotels in the area.

They have free internet in their business center, though I found the computer to be old and cranky, and the electricity went out twice in 30 minutes for a few seconds, which resulted in me having to restart the computer each time. There is also an exercise room, though I did not check this out.

This hotel was nice enough that we talked our driver into staying here for a third night instead of our scheduled two. Though part of that was due to the fact that we all needed some warmth and a good wash, as our previous hotels had been cold and the bathrooms not as nice.

Restaurant is ok, priced at slightly higher than usual tourist levels than other tourist restaurants. Though they do have beer and wine.

The staff is friendly and responsive. We called them at 8pm to do something about the hot water. Someone arrived promptly, but wasn’t really able to fix it. But we appreciated the timely effort.
I would stay here again if I were in Jaipur and the price was right. The main downside is that it is not in the old city, you just have to decide if that’s ok with you.

Background of my trip through India: my wife and I traveled with our two kids, ages 6 & 7, through India for five weeks in Dec 2013/Jan 2014. On two legs of our trip we hired a car and driver, and took trains and taxis for the other parts of the trip. We are Americans, but live outside of the US in a third world country. When looking for a hotel, cleanliness is a prime consideration for us, followed by location and price. I always appreciate a place that appears to have friendly and responsive management. We consider ourselves to be ‘budget travelers’, but now that we have kids and are more fastidious about cleanliness, we have upped the budget a bit and no longer go for the absolute cheapest option that Lonely Planet and/or Trip Advisor have to offer.

On our trip through Rajasthan, we were rather cold during the evenings and found rooftop/outdoor restaurants to be often to chilly to eat in. Not that it is so incredibly cold in Rajasthan, but we live in a hot climate, so we have become unaccustomed to it being so cold.

When we were with a car and driver, we stayed at hotels for 1-2 night in each city, and the hotel was chosen for us by the tour agency, so we were not aware of the price of the room. However, the quality of the rooms was comparable to what we would have chosen anyways. To give you an idea of our budgetary considerations, in Delhi, Goa, and Mumbai, we were paying about 2000-2900 rupees per night for our family of four, often in a room with one large bed, or a medium size bed with a mattress on the floor, or sometimes three twin-sized beds. Outside of these cities, this type of room seemed to be priced at 1500-2000.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Feltham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed here as part of a tour of the 'Golden Triangle' and it was decidedly average. The room was absolutely freezing cold (early jan) with no heaters on offer though we did get a blanket. Laundry service was good and reasonably priced. Staff were fine, not overly pleasant - I asked for a hairdryer which never arrived. Restaurant was ok but I'm fairly sure I got an upset tummy from the buffet so would stick to the menu! Average in every way I would only recommend in the warmer weather and not for very long.

• Stayed January 2014
manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed in this category 3 star hotel in Jaipur as part of a tour. We had 2 days. I had some apprehension since my travel agent told me he cannot be so sure about the hotel and he assured me of the other hotels we would be going to during the trip. Since we just arrived from Agra, and the hotel there was not very good (but rated well by our agent), I told my family to just brace themselves and don't panic on the hotel in Jaipur. But just when we came there, the room was very spacious, and the bathroom was clean and huge with a full size tub. My 4 year old daughter and I had a very grand time playing hide-and-seek, and she taught me dancing her Jai-ho (priceless!) There was free wi-fi. Breakfast was ala carte since we were early birds and buffet was not yet available. The doorman was just so picturesque and we had a chance with him actually since we were also dressed up for the tour.

Room Tip: be nice to your agent and more benefits await the nicest people. our room view is the main entrance...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We travelled all India in desember and this hotel is not so bad to be in this country. We had wifi -not so good but you could easily use social media and email. The use a strong detergent to kill cockroaches so it smells a lot in the bathroom but we kept the door closed so it was ok. The prices at the restaurant was quite high so we recommend to eat outside the hotel (it was also very loud at the restaurant!). The breakfast was crap!!! Bread and papaya was the only thing we could eat. It is an ok stay (just short) but do not expect to much.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Glitz? Share your experiences!