1) I call up the hotel manager - ask for room availability - he says rooms are available in main resort. I ask for discounted rates, now he says he will match the rates on websites but will have to check availability (within 5 minutes of confirming that rooms are available). He calls up & says that he will give rooms not in the resort but in the Sunrise Dreamworld village (which one would not like to take as it has NO ROOM SERVICE). I say no. I go to a travel portal, and book through them (rooms in main resort) , and avail of a discount scheme. I again get a call from the manager, that the rates given by the portal are incorrect, and that the website is LYING TO ME!! He says he will have to confirm whether he can give me rooms or not. No call after that. COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL.
2) In the morning, we land up at the hotel, and they don't have our booking details. I show them the portal vouchers, then after 5-10 minutes of dilli dallying, they give us rooms ( I saw them cutting names of some other guests, God knows where will they be accommodated once they check in!!).
3) We go to the rooms - which are SMELLY!!!! looks like they've been closed for ages. I get to hear the excuse that as its been raining, the rooms get smelly. Dude - not buying this crap. For a place that has a rack rate of 6K per night, no excuse is acceptable for a smelly room. But, saving grace - the room size is decent, its clean, and has a good view.
4) We crash, and order coffee. It is cold!!! and white!!! and plain!!! doesnt look or smell or taste like coffee..we discard it.
5) It's still some time to lunch, hence we decide to hit the pool. Kids enjoy to the hilt. We return to the room, and order lunch. Time - 2:05 PM. Kids are all hungry after the swim. 2:30....2:40...2:50 - no sign of food. We call them - "Sir, it will be there in 5 minutes"...3:00...3:10 - we call again and complain - "Sir kitchen se chala gaya... aata hoga"...3:20...3:30...we call again, frustrated, to cancel and say that we will go out..."No sir please... aa raha hai"...at last the food arrives at 3:50 - almost 2 hrs after we ordered!! And here's the real deal - it is not what we ordered - its something else. and more (likely to go waste). I ask the boy - he says "Sir koi baat nahi.. aap khaao.. we won't charge you"!!!! Dude - don't you even know what the order was after 2 hrs!!! Get your act straight, Sunrise.
6) Dinner time - same story repeats. Another disaster this time - they serve biryani dish in a soup bowl!!!!! I am all furious and go to front desk - again I get to hear Sir we are sorry, & we will replace and it will be complimentary. Complete disaster!!!
7) Housekeeping is ok ok. Rains all day, hence expected the housekeeping guys to take extra care, which is lacking. They need to spend more time in cleaning the rooms.
8) The much touted and much hyped "Sunrise Dream World" is a complete disappointment. Can be skipped.
9) Very less variety in breakfast. Should be increased.
10) So called "Herbal Mud Bath" was very tacky, unhygienic and unappealing. Would suggest not getting it included in the room package.
11) Mostly indoor and outdoor games were either dirty, or broken.
12) So, all in all, all that we utilized in the "Naturopathy Health Resort" was the swimming pool, and long walks on the wet grass. Not sure if one would like to go all the way and spend that money only for this, which can be had anywhere. Take your call. Cheerios!!
Avoid the rooms (so called Villas) in the Sunrise Dream World as they have no room service and are s...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.