“Best Place We Stayed In All of India” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jaipur Friendly Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jaipur
Jaipur Friendly Villa
You added Jaipur Friendly Villa to your Saves list
27 Veer Vihar, Queens Road | Behind Bhagirath Marriage Garden, Jaipur 302021, India   |
Ranked #1 of 332 Jaipur B&B and Inns
Toronto
“Best Place We Stayed In All of India”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife, son and I stayed with Shveta and Kul in December, 2013 for 4 nights. We're from Toronto and probably have high standards in what we seek. This was by far the best place we stayed in during our 25 days (and 11 hotels/guest houses) in all of India. Shveta and Kul made us feel as though we were part of their family. They were great in bringing all of their guests together for really interesting discussion. The place was high end and immaculate and offered the warm feeling of home. The conversation was interesting and stimulating and not only did we not want to leave, but Jaipur Friendly Villa became the high water mark against which we compared all of our other hotels. Nothing came close. Thank you Shveta and Kul for a wonderful stay. Jeff

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Shveta and KUL were wonderful hosts during our two-night stay in their Green Room. The tips they provided were handy in making the most of our tour of Rajasthan. The room was perfect with every amenity one could think of in a B&B. Homemade breakfast was sumptuous. For a stay with a personal touch, look no further than this immaculately maintained property in one of the quieter parts of Jaipur.

Room Tip: Green Room was fabulous.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My mom and I travelled two weeks through Rajasthan, and we can both say without doubt that our three night stay at the JFV was most certainly the highlight of our trip!
From the moment we stepped into their beautiful home till the moment we(sadly) had to say goodbye,we felt we were visiting our own family.Shveta has a keen eye for detail which was visible in the cleanliness and decor of our well appointed room and spotlessly clean bathroom and shower.The calm of the neighbourood ensured we had a good night's sleep in our comfortable beds.
Shveta is also an exceptional cook and personally cooked a HUGE breakfast for us with a new Indian fare to sample every morning. We also ate dinner at the JFV for two nights and the taste was exceptional, with the right balance of spices.
But what makes this place magical, is the genuine warmth and friendliness of the couple Shveta and Kul. Their tips on the sights to visit and places to shop were great! Their help on organising onward train tickets was much appreciated. The conversations and laughs we had with this well informed couple, made our experience so much richer.
It was the hardest part saying goodbye to these wonderful people. But we are certain, JFV is one place we will come back to! Our best wishes to them always.

Room Tip: Every room is beautifully done up, so choose any!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

There is no equal! Absolutely the most beautiful home and hosts of our entire stay. The foor was excellent and off-highway location made helped us get a good night's sleep.
Sheveta takes her business very seriously and it shows. She should consider providing B&B consulting services as she is model of providing "B&B done right"!!!

Room Tip: There is NO bad room. They are all good!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

What more can we say. The reviews already highlight what a gem the Friendly Villa is. The hosts are 1st class and do endeavour and succeed in making all their guests feel at home. We travelled in November 2013 and rate our stay in Jaipur as a highlight. The bedroom was large and spotless with all amenities provided The estate (colony?) was safe and there's a great restaurant within easy walking distance. We thoroughly enjoyed our elephant experience (suggested by Shveta) and I believe we received a discounted fee because of the Friendly Villa introduction. Shveta and Kul are extremely friendly and engaging, amusing, informative and helpful - we enjoyed the home cooked breakfasts and especially the ginger tea served by Shveta. Lovely. Thoroughly recommend to all travellers.

Room Tip: Our room was great, I'm sure all Shveta's bedrooms are excellent.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a place that I highly, highly recommend. When staying with Shveta and Kul it is guaranteed that you will not be alone and will have lots of laughs, interesting conversations and wonderful food. My train arrived at 6am in the morning, and Shveta's driver was already waiting for me. I was brought to the villa and received a very warm welcome by Shveta and her husband Kul. At 6:30am(!). I was able to move into my room right away. It was perfectly clean and had everything a traveler can possibly think of. From the first early morning cup of tea, until the minute when I departed, I felt like I was staying with my family. I am their self-proclaimed German daughter, but Shveta's and Kul's heart is big enough for many more daughters, sons, brothers and sisters. They absolutely complement each other, just like Ying and Yang. When I came home after an afternoon of sight seeing, it was always fun just to spend the evening at the villa. One can either relax and enjoy the quiet time in your room or can socialize with other guests. Shveta offers family style home cooked dinner and breakfast. They are absolutely delicious. If you don't like it, she will make you something different. She watches over you like a mother hen. Every day we celebrated a new event. One day, Shveta bought cake for guests who celebrated their 1-year wedding anniversary and the next day, we celebrated my 1-year travel anniversary. Life never seem to get boring at the villa. After dinner, Kul offered us to show hindi movies in their amazing home cinema center. It was wonderful ! - I will keep Jaipur in good memories, and I feel it is mostly because I met Shveta and Kul. I am honored having been taking into their home. @Shveta & Kul: Thank you for everything ! I will come back and visit you soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Jaipur is a beautiful city, but the most pleasant experience I had was in Jaipur Friendly Villa. As a female solo traveler, I always looked for a safe and friendly place to stay, Jaipur Friendly Villa definitely matched all my needs, and more than I expected. Shveta and Kul are very friendly, helpful and warm hearted people,and they treat you like a member of the family (oh, they have two cute puppies!!). I enjoyed the conversation with Shveta every morning, she’s like my Indian mom!! Besides, I have to mention Shveta’s cooking. The food she cooked were the most authentic Indian cuisines I've ever had during my short stay in India. If you are interested in how to make Indian food like i do, you could take a cooking class from Shveta. So. Will I visit Jaipur again? Of course I will, and I will stay nowhere but Jaipur Friendly Villa.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Jaipur Friendly Villa? Share your experiences!