“Not just a place to stay but a wonderful experience.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel

You added Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel to your Saves list
Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Union Park, Khar(W) | Off Carter Road, Between Olive and Out of the Blue restaurant,, Mumbai (Bombay) 400 052, India   |
Ranked #30 of 389 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Auckland, New Zealand
“Not just a place to stay but a wonderful experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We wanted somewhere to stay not too far from the international airport for the last night of our holiday in India and chose Le Sutra based largely on its own website and T A Reviews. We were not quite sure what to expect but we were not disappointed.
The Le Sutra is a small, stylish boutique hotel located in a vibrant and well to do part of Mumbai just a short walk from the Carter Road promenade. It is a busy area and can apparently be noisy late at night when particularly at the weekends with the night life. In our case I slept solidly and did not hear a thing but my wife was woken up by noise from the street.
The key feature of the hotel is the interior design with the theme of each room being based on aspects of Indian mythology. The room design is stylish, elegant and tasteful and the standard of workmanship, tasteful decor , art work and lighting combine to make staying in them a very very pleasant and comfortable experience. We are in the hospitality business and we believe that a guiding mantra for any hotel is that guests should feel that they are the first people to have ever used a room. Le Sutra came very close, the hotel being spotlessly clean and well maintained throughout.
Whilst the design gives the hotel its uniqueness, mention must be made of the staff for whom nothing but nothing was too much trouble. All the staff were courteous, attentive without being intrusive and very helpful . Anjali at reception was exceptional. It is invariably the little things that make a difference and in our case Anjali recognised that I had a bit of a cold and offered some ginger tea. A little later the Managing Director rang to ask how I was and recommended and provided an ayurvedic remedy which was much appreciated and did the trick.
An unexpected surprise as that when we checked out we were presented with a gift as a memento of the hotel. The gift in keeping with the whole tone of the hotel was stylish and very well done.
Our plane back to Auckland did not leave until 11.55 p.m. and we were able to leave our luggage at the hotel whilst we explored Mumbai during the day. We were also able to use a room to freshen up before leaving for the airport in the evening.
Staying at the Le Sutra was an exceptionally pleasant experience and we have no hesitation in recommending it to others. If we are ever in Mumbai again Le Sutra is where we will be staying.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_LeSutra, General Manager at Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

I can only say that you warmed many heart’s at Le Sutra with your passionate review of our hotel on TripAdvisor ! All of us feel blessed when we see such fabulous comments on the hotel and our associates!! The whole team of Le Sutra joins me in sending you a big "Thank You".

Our core values at Le Sutra are Warm, Connected and Community and I’m glad that the associates were able to take care of all your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy. Your appreciation will definitely be conveyed to the team and I’m sure they will be encouraged to continue to serve guests with a smile.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and appreciative words and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again !

Sunil Potey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had teething problems in our room, but were eventually fixed! Most of the staff were very helpful. Anjali was the best, always smiling and ready to help. She changed the impossible to possible! One other lady, who helped me get ready, I thank her from the bottom of my heart. I am sorry I don't know her name,but she knows who she is!

Breakfast was ok, not much of a variety, but all the staff were very polite.

Overall, our stay was wonderful. Thanks to Anjali!

Room Tip: At the back of the hotel as the front ones were noisy!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for such a brilliant feedback on your recent stay at Le Sutra. It was indeed our pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you and make your stay comfortable.

Apart from great food in our restaurant and the hotel rooms, it is our associates who are our biggest assets. I am glad that they were able to leave an impression on guests with their ‘never say no attitude’.

I have shared your feedback with Anjali and my entire team and they were extremely happy to hear that their helpful and friendly service is recognized so well by you. My team and I are grateful to you for sharing the feedback on TripAdvisor and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I work in Mumbai 6 months out of the year, living in hotels there, and I have stayed in the best places Bandra, Juhu and Andheri have to offer. But none of them come close to Le Sutra. It is a boutique hotel in the best sense of the word: small, friendly, and wonderfully eccentric in a very appealing way. Each room has a theme from Indian legends, which combined with a hip, contemporary, overall aesthetic make the place very interesting indeed. It's location can't be beat: it's right upstairs from Bandra's most celebrated restaurant and watering hole, 'Olive,' and it's on the corner of what feels like the cultural crossroads of Bandra. You feel right in the middle of all things vibrant and happening in Mumbai. Finger on the pulse. And what makes Le Sutra especially amazing is how the staff goes out of their way to help. On my last visit I was denied departure by customs at the airport and had to stay back an extra day, which I had to spend scrambling for every bit of paperwork imaginable. And the staff at Le Sutra, especially Anjali, went WAY out of their way to help me assemble all the documents I needed, and helped steer me through a nightmare of red tape. I was astonished by how caring they were. I truly couldn't have done it without them. This is what sets places like Le Sutra aside from the rest: style, originality, and amazing personal care. I couldn't recommend them more highly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GM_LeSutra, General Manager at Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Mr. Meyer,

We are so pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and fond memories of our people.

The team members were delighted to read your review, particularly Anjali who helped you in your paper work.

I am sometimes not even aware of the success stories that occur in on a typical day at Le Sutra. I learn about them when speaking to guests, through their comment forms or when reading a review like yours. I will personally congratulate each one of them who went out of their way to surprise and delight you.

Expectations for us to deliver are very high, but I am fortunate to be working with a fantastic team of people who understand the principle of delivering the best, and enjoy what they do.

Thank you for having chosen to stay at Le Sutra we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Warm Regards
Visakhapatnam, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Recently I had been to Mumbai to attend a social Function. Being a single lady traveller..I am a bit choosy about selecting a Hotel. A friend of mine Suggested Le Sutra..since I wanted to put up somewhere in Bandra. The hotel is very well located ..easily accessible from the Airport. I had one of the best experiences of staying in a Hotel, at Le Sutra. I chose to stay in a room with the Karna theme..yes ! the same Karna as in Mahabharata! As I entered the room...I was explained about the concept of the room..the basic known facts about Karna and some very interesting unknown facts too ! I was impressed to know that the Hotel has all the rooms based on the Concepts and lives of different ages, Characters of History and the very interesting room based on the theory of Musical Instruments ! The four Day stay was made comfortable by the staff..I had a very relaxing massage at the Spa..the most unique one in the world I guess ...as it is just like your own private Spa with a Single therapy a time concept . The staff are very Courteous..the reception particularly very efficient and prompt. I particularly liked the break fast served at the restaurant Out of the Blue. I definitely want to visit here again to sink into the Past of the Indian Art, History, Eras which hold the basic cultural backdrops of India. Came back home knowing some things, with an urge to know more and a lovely memento from the hotel
staff ! Will definitely suggest this place for the people I know who travel to Mumbai !

Room Tip: Walk into any room..you will be in for an amazing experience.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ms. Paramita,

It is a pleasure to note that you had a wonderful experience at Le Sutra. My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and we are happy to read such a delightful review from you.

We thank you for your feedback and I have shared the compliments with my entire team. We are glad you enjoyed all the services offered at our hotel. It is our constant endeavor to deliver the highest standards in service with a personal touch.

Team Le Sutra is looking forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Thanks & Regards,
Mumbai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

There is no doubt about that the concept of the hotel with the individually nicely designed rooms is excellent. However what does this help if you can`t get sleep because of inside and outside noise? Inside the room because you can`t switch off the centrally run and very loud air condition which is not state of the art and outside because of the nearby disco/bar which beats keep you awake at the weekends until 2 am in the morning.

Room Tip: Don`t stay there at the weekends if you want to sleep before the nearby dico closes, ask for rooms w...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
GM_LeSutra, General Manager at Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Mr. Vogel,

Thank you for your time to review us on TripAdvisor and for posting your generous feedback.

We are delighted to note that you liked the concept of the hotel and individually designed rooms We have noted the problems you have face during your stay & we assure you will not face any type of difficulty during your next visit.

Looking forward to welcome you again at Le Sutra

Warm Regards
New Delhi, Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

i keep staying in this hotel when i go to mumbai for office work. it is a very good nicely designed based on hindu mythology theme and the designer has done a wonderful job. everything from furniture to the wall treatment, window curtains, lighting, toilets etc is creativity at its best. it is worth staying in a crowded city like mumbai.

Room Tip: avoid rooms above the ground floor restaurant. it is a bit noisy in the night.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Prakash,

Thank you very much for such a brilliant feedback on your recent stay at Le Sutra I. It was indeed our pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you and make your stay comfortable.

Apart from great food in Out Of the Blue and the spacious hotel rooms, it is our associates who are our biggest assets. I am glad that they were able to leave an impression on guests with their ‘never say no attitude’
I have shared your feedback with my entire team and they were extremely happy to hear that their helpful and friendly service is recognized so well by you. My team and I are grateful to you for sharing the feedback on TripAdvisor and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Jaipur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Every time I have been to Bombay I found it too large city to cope with. Particularly the hotels because everything in most Bombay hotels was metropolitan without a Indian touch. I am delighted that I discovered Le Sutra. It is serene, artistic, thought provoking, lovely and fascinating. The concept of the suites on the three Gunas effect on human body, mind and thought, artistic furniture, cleanliness and to top it all excellent service.
I recommended Le Sutra to all travelers arriving into Bombay from overseas as it is a nice introduction to Indian concept and to guests from different part of India to be reminded of their own intellectual art heritage being in busy Bombay. Once you are in the hotel your suite is a haven of peace. Keep it up!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
GM_LeSutra, General Manager at Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Mr. Durga ,

We thank you for your feedback and I have shared the compliments with my entire team. We are glad you enjoyed all the services offered at our hotel. It is our constant endeavour to deliver the highest standards in service with a personal touch.

Warm Regards,
Sunil Potey

Been to Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel? Share your experiences!