“Le Sutra is UNIQUE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel

You added Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel to your Saves list
Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Union Park, Khar(W) | Off Carter Road, Between Olive and Out of the Blue restaurant,, Mumbai (Bombay) 400 052, India   |
Ranked #33 of 396 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Delhi, India
“Le Sutra is UNIQUE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Le Sutra is truly one of the most unique hotels that I have ever lived in. It's artsy, eclectic and truly magnificent - far exceeding my expectations. My sister who is a regular patron, recommened that I stay at the hotel when I visit Mumbai. The room that I put up in was called "Shringar" which means adornment. Everything in the room had been thoughtfully designed keeping the concept in mind...everything from the floor tiles to the bathroom mirror. The LeSutra staff were very helpful and extremely courteous. One of them even spent some time trying to explain the concept of the hotel (each floor symbolizes a guna) to me which was so thoughtful of them. I would recommend the hotel to anyone who visits Mumbai!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
GM_LeSutra, General Manager at Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Ms.Dhir,

Greetings from the world's first Indian Art Hotel..."Le Sutrai !

It pleases me to hear that your stay with us was comfortable and I’m glad that you found the Hotel service and amenities to be up to your desired expectations.

Our core values at Le Sutra are Warm and Connected and I’m glad that the associates were able to take care of all your needs and requirements and serve you with warmth and courtesy.

I have shared your compliments with my team and it has served them as a great matter of pride.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and appreciative words and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again !

Warm regards,
Sunil Potey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Crans-Montana, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have been to India twice with my boyfriend and stayed in regular 4/5 star hotels but this hotel was exceptional. I came back with a lot more than I went with, in terms of culture history knowledge. Our local friend had suggested Le Sutra to us. We stayed in the Ashoka room, which gives you a real feeling of living in the time of king Ashoka, who was the biggest spreader of Buddhism in the world after having one of the bloodiest battles of the world. There is a beautiful realistic sword in the middle of the writing table. It is definitely philosophy through art and it is nothing like other boutique hotels i have stayed in, it is indeed the first of its kind in the world. When I checked in, I was explained the room in detail upon which I was flabbergasted. The people were very friendly and any problems were resolved immediately. Moreover,the owners take out time and speak to the guests to ensure that they are having a good experience and to better the services.

The hotel has an amazing art gallery displaying crazy yet jaw dropping art. The hotel also has a small but effective Spa.

Two of the best restaurants of Mumbai are located withing the same property. One was a fine dining restaurant called Olive which offers Mediterranean cuisine and great wine. My personal favorite was Out of the Blue, which is more of a casual dining with life music. They offer a large variety on the menu. Personally, I enjoyed the fondues which in my opinion are much better than any fondues which you find in Switzerland.
If you go there on a Wednesday lunch you will have the best experience as they offer Tarot card readers, crystal ball readers, palmists, astrologers, face readers etc. It is also known as women day lunch.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_LeSutra, General Manager at Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience at our hotel. It was our privilege that you chose to stay with us. As rightly said every room has a story to tell and hence is designed as per the theme.

Your appreciation of our boutique Hotel, the quality and variety of food is well received and we assure you that it will be our constant endeavor to maintain and improve upon the same.

It was indeed very kind of you to have given us such a wonderful feedback and all of us look forward to treating you to yet another wonderful stay at our hotel.

Thanks & Regards,
Le Sutra
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Being mentioned as an art hotel, I came with some high expectations and wasn’t disappointed! The art décor was niche; all the rooms are different and individually done. The Maya room was so graceful and cozy depicting Indian history and how it was in the by-gone eras. The room featured paintings; a Moh-Maya Chair which the staff explained was an interpretation of elements such as wealth, pride and ego which makes man go into a temporary delusion about his perception of reality. The room also had glass and mirrors which they explained was helping reflect one’s true reality. The staff was extremely helpful in giving directions and helping out to every whim possible. Another important factor is the FREE Internet!! Location is another plus point, a 5 minute walk to Carter Road and other food joints are plenty.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
GM_LeSutra, General Manager at Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us. Thank you for taking out time and sharing your stay experience at Le Sutra on TripAdvisor.

Your feedback is the biggest testimony towards our high standards of hospitality practiced at our hotel. I have shared your feedback with my entire team and it has spread a wave of joy among them. I am sure it will go a long way in serving as a source of motivation for all of us.

Team of Le Sutra is looking forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Thanks & Regards,

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I travel to India often for work especially Mumbai . I staid previously in many hotels but I constantly kept changing them. In non of them I felt like I feel coming to Le sutra - very homie :). First of all the location is perfect, in the middle of all the happenings but still if you want to chill it is vey close to the seaside. The rooms are beautiful.Each of them have a special them.In the end the staff is amazing!Very friendly and polite. They really try to get you always the best deal for taxies or any service you need. You can rarely find this around as in most of the hotels stuff is really corrupted. This was my third visit to the hotel and the way staff welcomed me made my trip so much more pleasurable. I am looking forward coming back again.

Room Tip: You will love Ashoka room.It is very spacious and quiet. But all the rooms have something particular...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am inspired to read that you had a wonderful time at Le sutra ( Ashoka Room) as rightly said all the rooms are themed rooms every room has a different experience and it is especially rewarding to read that our associates were able to assist you along the way and make your stay memorable.

It is indeed a pleasure to hear such kind words of praise for our team. I have conveyed your compliments to them and they were very happy to learn that their efforts have been recognized in such a great manner.

Guest experience is our highest priority and it is always gratifying to receive such valuable comments. Team Le Sutra looks forward to welcoming you back.

Thanks & Regards
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

was spendng an afternoon shopping in Bandra and felt hungry...somebody suggested..Le Sutra's Out of the Blue.. when we reached we were greeted by young enthusiastic staff..they made us comfortable in the place we wanted to settle down...they waited for us and dint hurry for the orders..that was refreshing. we took our time and then on a call...they were proactive to enlighten us about their specialty cuisine . they also inquired about our choice of food and then suggested the best of theirs according to our choice...this is truly professional restaurant culture which is evident in very few restaurants..the ffod finally arrived soon and we savoured every bit of it.. food was amazing not just in taste but..presentation arrangement. promptness of service was remarkable....would recommend this place to everybody... then we visited the Hotel rooms and we were taken around the whole hotel. what a concept ..I would say- the theme of the hotel is unique indeed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Having only read the reviews about this hotel, we decided to try it out since we had come down to the city to attend a wedding. First of all, getting to the hotel wasn’t that difficult. It’s located in Bandra and almost all the cabbies from the airport knew where it was, so that’s satisfying knowing that people in and around know about the place. Check-in was quite smooth and a breeze. The room we were put in was out of this world, we had never expected such amazing interiors, the manager started to explain the room which was the Maya room, where it signifies a deluded state where-in each individual soul, under a sense of false identity considers itself to be separate and distinct from the supreme consciousness and rest of the creation. He also went in depth to explain on how the elements and the painting within the room shows how with time the human mind opens up its eyes to the desires such as wealth, love and dreams. In the hotel, there’s a restaurant downstairs and some things on the menu was quite enticing. Location was great, Bandra has everything you need and you can even go for a walk on the promenade nearby without having to walk too much. It’s quite a place and an experience to cherish. Hope to visit soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

After a long day of adventures in Mumbai, retreating back to Le Sutra was just that; a perfect retreat. The property, hidden just off the beaten path but well within the reach of all the Mumbai highlights, is truly an oasis. The staff are extremely kind and courteous and the service provided was wonderful to say the least. An amazingly comfortable hotel with the added arty twist. A truly unique experience that I'd recommend to anyone looking for a centrally-located, beautiful, comfortable boutique hotel.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel? Share your experiences!