“Great hotel, Curious rooms and the World's best Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel

You added Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel to your Saves list
Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Union Park, Khar(W) | Off Carter Road, Between Olive and Out of the Blue restaurant,, Mumbai (Bombay) 400 052, India   |
Ranked #31 of 396 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bangalore
“Great hotel, Curious rooms and the World's best Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Le Sutra is a little treasure bang in the middle of Mumbai. What draws you in almost immediately is the rooms- every room is unique with an Indian theme based design; and yet with all the necessities of a hotel room. Hence, you want to keep coming back to experience every room- I've done the Kathak, the Yoga room and the music (forget the name) so far. There are little treasures that the staff has thoughtfully put in place- sweets on the bed, and surprise! a room themed gift when you leave. Lovely.

My stay at Le Sutra would have been just a stay in another great hotel, but an extraordinary event turned it into a home away from home...I'd left my laptop behind in Bombay, and discovered it only on reaching Bangalore. I assumed that it had been left in the hotel room and called frantically to get it back. The general manager Sampreeth Kotian was most helpful, searching for it in the room and then viewing 8-10 hours of cc tv footage to figure out if anyone had taken it when I was not in the room.

Much later I recalled that it had been actually left in the airport instead, and called Sampreeth to inform him and apologise for all the needless search I put the hotel through. To my surprise, rather than just accept the apology, he jumped into further action way beyond the call of duty. He connected up with airport personnel, traced my laptop and helped me find a way to get it back home- all this through the wee hours of the night. Stuck in Bangalore with the laptop in Mumbai, having a local there who could actually sort things out on my behalf, and continuously reassure me and calm me down, was a godsend. What's more important is that he had absolutely no responsibility to do this- it was completely out of bounds of the hotel duty. And yet his ready help and kindness was solely responsible for my peace of mind in tracing the laptop. Outstanding hospitality in the most extreme of circumstances.

I will always, but always stay in Le Sutra on any future business trips. For both the captivating and interesting rooms and the world's best hospitality.

It is also value for money in terms of the room rate. It is not often that you get a room at that rate in the centre of town. The walkway along the beach is barely 100 metres away for a bracing morning walk/ run. And Bandra is just the place to be to experience Bombay's throbbing night life. So Le Sutra works fabulously for all kind of travellers looking for the right place to stay in Bombay.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet- ask to try a new room every time, for each room brings a unique experience.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Sampreeth, General Manager at Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Ma'am,

I was indeed privileged to interact with you during your stay with us at Le Sutra and later during the "hunt" for your "mysteriously disappeared" laptop. I am glad that we finally could manage to trace it and it reached your hands "safe and sound". However, what you have termed as beyond the bounds of duty on my part is something that we as hoteliers feel is an integral part of our work culture.

Its pleasing to note that you found the different room themes curiously appealing... the music room that you couldn't recollect is the Taal room. Your appreciation for every aspect of the organization.. be it the accessibility to nearby night life, proximity to the sea-facing promenade, pricing, service, theme based rooms, carefully thought sweets/goodies or the parting gift.. gives us all the more reason to feel assured.

Looking forward to meet you again, when you visit us ( hopefully your business trips will drive you back to Mumbai very soon ).

Sampreeth Kotian.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Ghaziabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I absolutely love the location of the hotel. Comfortable stay and very prompt service. I was so impressed by the idea of theme based rooms and each one of them so tastefully done! I would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Mumbai specially if you're travelling alone. The staff is very courteous and the hotel even though its small, its well maintained.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sampreeth, General Manager at Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking out time from your busy schedule to post a review for us.

The location has always earned us brownie points because its so close to the promenade, shopping areas, local areas of interest and yet so calm and serene. I am glad to note that you have mentioned Le Sutra as a safe place to stay, particularly if you are staying alone. Coming from a lady, this underlines the courtesy proffered by the team members and the secure feeling which envelopes singe lady travelers when they stay with us. No wonder 35% of our clientele consists of single lady travelers at Le Sutra !!

I also noted in our records that you visited us twice already in the last month. Looking forward to meet you in person on your next visit.

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I had travelled to India for work and stayed at Le Sutra. It's a nice place. One of the places in the center bringing great cuisines near you. The hotel is indeed artistic, convenient and quite a safe place to stay. No regrets.

Room Tip: No Tip - So far it is fine.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sampreeth, General Manager at Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

I personally thank you for taking out time from your busy schedule and penning down this review for us. We are indeed lucky that you decided to grace us with an opportunity to serve you during your visit to India and I assume that we did justice to your decision.

As you rightly said, we are a center ( Bandra is the queen of suburbs ) with very close proximity to the airports as well the business hubs of Mumbai. Our dining options - Out of the Blue and Olive are a craze amongst the local patrons and visitors have always taken a liking towards the cuisine and service.

We are glad that the artistic touch permeating through the hotel has appealed to you. However, what really makes your review pleasantly different is the fact that you mentioned that our hotel is a safe place to stay. With the high incidence of single lady travelers(constituting around 40 % of total guests) staying with us, this was one prime area that we have focused on and we are glad to note that it hasn't gone unnoticed !!

Looking forward to meet you in person, on your next visit..

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This really is one of the most outstanding hotels which I have ever stayed in, the artwork and room decor is very beautiful. The most appealing part I find when I stay at a hotel is the hospitality, in Le Sutra's case all I can say is mind blowing!!!
Each and every single member of staff are just so helpful and accommodating! The reception staff Tanay, Anjali and Suryakant are always ready to go out of their ways to keep their guests happy and comfortable at any hour of the day or night. One of the days I got very sick and a doctor was arranged within 20 minutes. Very impressive!!
The Manager at Le Sutra again was very accommodating and thoughtful, always ensured we had priority reservations at the restaurants we wished to visit within Mumbai. The staff at Out of the Blue restaurant (especially Chandra, Kamesh and Datta) and Olive restaurant (Nagesh and Satish) were very friendly and gave us very very exceptional service.
I had a really amazing experience and whenever I will visit Mumbai this will be the only hotel I will be staying at! Can't thank them enough.

Room Tip: The Taal room is one of the largest rooms, very spacious and beautifully decorated with a good sized...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Sampreeth, General Manager at Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Ma'am,

We, at Le Sutra, have been appreciated for our friendly service on quite a few occasions by patrons ... but your effusive take on our hospitality...singling out more than a handful for special praise...simply takes the cake !!!

We are pleased to note that you appreciate the artwork and room decor of Le Sutra.. which we believe is what sets it apart from its contemporaries. Every aspect of the artifacts strategically placed do play an integral role in bringing out the concept and theme of the hotel.

The team members were pleased as punch when I read out your review to them... they used to all be so enthusiastic to assist you because I assume that you had already won them over with your charming mannerisms.

You have stated that we would be your preferred choice of accommodation whenever you would visit Mumbai again... trust me.. we couldn't have asked for a better compliment !!!

Looking forward to meet you in person, when you visit us again..

Best regards.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

A lovely small hotel. Let me start by saying that all the staff especially the Front desk are very helpful. This and the 'Artful' rooms are main reason why I keep coming back to the hotel. I stayed at different floors and though the each has has it's own charm all are very nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Sir,

I am glad to note that you like our hotel and particularly the team members.. The Front Office team have always been appreciated for providing homely, accommodating service that goads guests to stay with us again.. and again !!

As rightly mentioned, we are a small lovely hotel ( i am smiling as i read your penned words )... We take pride in the fact that we have managed to bring the right mix of art and hospitality together to create a distinct identity for ourselves... which has been appreciated by the likes of you.. who have found it charming and unique !!!

Looking forward to meeting you again when you visit us next..

Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

During check in, a problem with my credit card was noticed. The hotel was kind enough to wait for 3 days while my replacement card was delivered for the charges was made. Anjali at the front desk was most helpful and made the stay supremely comfortable. The Ravana Room was a tasteful break from the standard hotel rooms I am used to staying in. The breakfast was not of the highest quality and that was a bit of a let down in an otherwise wonderful stay. Would recommend the hotel!

Room Tip: The Ravana room and the Vasana room are highly recommended.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Sampreeth, General Manager at Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Sir,

The fact that you recommend staying in this Hotel to fellow travellers clearly means that we have got our act right.. right ?? You did mention about the breakfast and trust me our Food Production team is in the process of adding to the arsenal of dishes which we currently offer. I am sure the next time you stay with us, we will score a home run !!

The team at Le Sutra always provide a very homely atmosphere, as observed by many guests. Its no surprise that Anjali, my star team player, has evoked rich praise from you. She is so pleasant, courteous and caring...and surprisingly... all at the same time !!

Looking forward to meet you in person, on your next visit to Le Sutra..

New Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Far from the maddening crowd , the location of the hotel impressed me , While the amenities were good, the only point of difference that i expereinced was the courteous and very helpful staff (Front Desk especially).. The room I stayed in was very quaint .Though not very big , but well designed for a business traveller . Smelt really good . I would definitly recommend it to all those who have had enough of super efficiant , clinically managed * hotels . One word of advise , get rid of multiple remotes and put some user friendly instructions for operating the electrical gadgets .

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Sampreeth, General Manager at Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Sir,

I am pleased to note that you found the services of the Le Sutra.. especially the Front Office team.. to your liking. The Location of the Hotel has always been a clicnher for us.. with most of our patrons appreciating the same.

I have also noted your constructive feedback pertaining to multiple remotes and an instruction manual for working around the lights in the room... and you can be assured that we shall come up with feasible solutions for the same.

Looking forward to meet you in person, when you visit us next...

Sampreeth Kotian.

Been to Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel? Share your experiences!