“Not so bad for a short stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Transit Hotel

You added Transit Hotel to your Saves list
Transit Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nehru Road Extn, Near Domestic Airport, Vile Parle East, Mumbai (Bombay) 400099, India (Vile Parle East)   |
Ranked #107 of 389 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Moscow
“Not so bad for a short stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

Transit hotel in Mumbai is, according to my recent impression, could be considered as possible option for a very short (1-2 nights) stay quite close to Mumbai domestic terminal (3 min by car which is complimentary for airport pick-ups & drops by this hotel). But only if you can't find no other accommodation near to the airport, I mean that next time if only I come to Bombay I'll choose other hotel there for sure.
Main concerns that don't let me recommend this venue are just 2 but essential ones they are:

For $130 per night you'd expect hot water at least, wouldn't you?! However you don't get it in this hotel;

Breakfast is so poor & awful that you'd better even don't show yourself at their canteen.

Other elements are not bad - to be honest it's clean, staff (incl. very helpful & attentive front desk team) is disciplined & welcoming. And don't believe some other reviewers that there are bedbugs - beds are very clean too.

Be warned if you book the room(s) directly at the hotel's website - when you enter 1 room it may become 2 rooms instead and you don't notice this double booking!

• Liked — Nearness to the airport
  • Disliked — "Breakfast"
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Abu Dhabi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2008

I am not that kind of a person who complaints for no reason. I believe that if a customer has paid for a product or service, definitely there are going to be expectations.

Agreed that it is a 3-star hotel, but there are certain things that cannot be overlooked.
Although the hotel is nice and clean, the rooms are quite small for the price! There is hardly any space between the bed and the opposite wall.

Most of the staff is not up to the standard – as if they are not happy with their jobs, and it shows on their faces.

On the second day of my stay, I had to go out in the morning. So I left my key (103) at the reception. I came in after 30 minutes, and asked for my room key. Guess what I was told? “Sir, your room partner has taken your key!” My room partner?? I had taken a single room. The receptionist told me to knock on my room door and check. I thought may be someone wants to surprise me! So I went upstairs, and knocked. No answer. I came back down a bit annoyed, and asked them to open the door. I asked the bell boy to inform the reception that no one is the room, and look for my key. After getting no response for 10 minutes I went back to the reception, this time more annoyed. Take a guess what happens next? They look for the key in the box, and find out that 103 key was kept in 303!!!

Breakfast is a big headache for both – the cook and the guests. The cook has a tough time thinking what to cook for breakfast, and the guests have tough time looking at the breakfast. Trust me, it’s pathethic!! Hardly any choice.

Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
bangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

the transit room size is too small for two persons.

other things are OK.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

canberra
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2007

I had a 20 hour stopover in Mumbai and needed a clean hotel, near the airport for me and my son. Well known 'brand' hotels are extremely expensive so after some research I settled on the Transit Hotel and emailed directly for a reservation. (I normally would have gone for one of the brand hotels but the miser in me refused to pay US$350 and upwards for such a short stay!) The hotel is located opposite the much more expensive 'Orchid Hotel.' The hotel staff were efficient in their communication and offered a rate of Rs4000 including tax & return airport transfers with driver + Rs2000 for the day use until my departure around 6pm. I was pleasantly surprised with what I found. Driver was there to meet me just after midnight (which was a big relief!-as I was a single female with 6 year old) and check in was smooth. I requested a higher floor and was given one on the 6th floor. The room had been renovated and was very clean and comfortable. The beds, pillows and linens were all comfortable and the room had A/C + a fan. The bathroom had a hot shower, WC & basin & there was a small minibar fridge with soft drinks and bottled water available for around Rs20 per bottle & a few snacks available to buy.
I didn't leave the room (except to recollect my passport in the morning from reception) and was able to make use of the 24 hour room service on 2 occassions. I had some delicious noodles and my son had the fried chicken and chips. (Chips were cold and the coffee was lousy. It tasted like UHT milk boiled with sugar and a drop of coffee!) If you want a more western style coffee order hot water and separate milk and take your own instant sachets with you.
I got a wake up call from reception (for someone else! in the morning) and there was some noise of hammering as the hotel must still be undergoing renovations. All this I took in my stride as I expected you 'get what you pay for'. If you are a light sleeper I'd take ear plugs just in case.
As promised the hotel gave me a wake up call around 6pm and just as well they did as I had not adjusted my watch to the correct Mumbai time (I was 1/2 hour slow). Check out took around 20 minutes as they had a large group of crew from King Fisher airlines checking in at the time. Then the driver dropped my son and I at the airport and the whole process served the purpose I required. I would stay at the hotel again and now feel confident about going there again. If you don't want to pay over the top pices, require a clean room to crash and have a shower and a feed then this is it!

• Stayed October 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Stuttgart, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2007

I booked this hotel as I had 7 hours in Mumbai before travelling on to my next destination in India.

The positives: the hotel driver was at the airport to meet me and the drop off the next morning was prompt (and only 3 minutes away from the Domestic terminal)

The breakfast was acceptable and included a cook to order omelet and toast.

The negatives: The shower nozzle did not work in the shower, so I took a shower "Indian style" -- pouring water over my head with a provided bucket. At least the water was warm. There was a mosquito in my room and also I scratched myself on something sharp in the matress (broken bed spring??) which drew blood. The requested 7:30 am wake up call came at 5:30 am, so I was only able to get 2 hours of sleep.

Room was overpriced at over 4000 rupies.

Would stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed January 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Parkland, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2006

The hotel is under renovation and the rooms are small and not well aerated. We had to hear pigeon calls all night. It is cheap and therefore I am not going to complain too loud. It is better to stay in Juhu than in this area where hotel are pricey and older.

• Stayed June 2006
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2006

We stayed at Transit Hotel for a week. It’s a nice decent 3 star hotel. After a nightmare stay at hotel four seasons hotel in Juhu! We were glad we checked into a decent hotel. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are nice, and staffs are very helpful and friendly.

The location is great its close to the domestic airport, and international airport. In addition the Orchid hotel which is a five star is located 1 minute away, in walking distance.

The restaurant if so nice, they do lovely food. Moreover as this hotel is a government approved hotel, you feel more safe and its an advantage as standards will not drop.
The only disadvantage we had was that building work was going on, the whole of the outside of the building was being reconstructed – well that was two years ago so it might be another story.

They also have a mini computer room near reception with Internet access; do watch out for mosquitoes though!!

Anyways all in all it’s a great hotel, clean, safe, and friendly. If you’re on a budget choose this hotel!

• Stayed February 2004

Been to Transit Hotel? Share your experiences!