“A Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residency Hotel Andheri

You added Residency Hotel Andheri to your Saves list
Residency Hotel Andheri
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   213/1, Suren Road, Mumbai (Bombay) 400093, India   |
Ranked #55 of 389 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
New York City, New York
“A Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

We arrived by cab at about 2am after long. It looks from outside the gates like an apartment house, but once you see the lobby you know its a hotel. The reception was open, and we were quickly checked in an out bags brought up. Next room service, the menu is long and full meals are available 24hrs and basically mainly Indian food, no beef! lamb, chicken, seafood and vegetarian. The hotel is very clean, the staff amazing and always accommodating. The have high speed wireless internet throughout the hotel which cost approx $6/24hrs. The area where the hotel is situated is a bit dicey with construction going on and just massive amounts of traffic, pedestrian and vehicular when you hit the main road. As we had appointments with our doctor who's office was in Andheri this hotel served our purposes perfectly. I would recommend this hotel to the business traveler and the not the leisure traveler unless of course you want to be close to the Airport or need to be in the Andheri area. Once our business was concluded we moved to downtown Mumbai to be closer to the tourist sites and more in the City as the trip back and forth was long, approx 60 - 90 minutes each way depending on traffic. Our room was really nice and spacious, we had 601, a corner unit with big windows, a flat screen tv, and huge king sized bed. Personally I loved the hotel and most of all appreciated the cleanliness.

I have only two small bones to pick. First they turn off the hot water in the morning. You have to be an early riser to get a hot shower here. Already by 9.30am the hot water was gone. I would suggest they turn it off closer to checkout! My second thing would be a recommendation that the menu be also in English. Yes the menu is long, too long in my opinion especially when everything is Indian food and you don't know whats it is or whats in it? A short description would add so much to the enjoyment of what is available and also assist the guest in making an informed choice.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

The hotel is very basic -- they do provide free airport pickup and drop. Location is a crowded place near the airport. There's nothing really close-by though -- no restaurants, no malls, etc.

The room service was good -- and the hotel provides a breakfast buffet -- on the first day I was here, I went to the restaurant for the breakfast buffer -- my bags were open and unpacked in the room, and my laptop was open. It was 8 am in the morning -- by the time I got back, the hotel staff was already cleaning my room! When I asked the person cleaning to leave since I had work to do, he was rude and never came to clean the room anytime after that the whole day!

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

We only stayed here for one night. It was our last night in India.
Excellent: Welcoming and helpful staff even the doorman had constant smile on their faces. A complimentary pick up service to and from the airport. day trip to south of mumbai for sightseeing takes about 1.5-2 hours drive. The suites are elegantly welcoming in their luxurious and comfortable modernity with flatsceen tv, quality bedding and lux bathroom.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for five days. This is a very good hotel, value for money. Good quality of the room, breakfast, funiture, bathroom and many more. The staff worked effectively, eager to help if we needed. Will definitely use this place again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

firstly we would like to express our thanks to the front desk staff especially the Mr Karl Driver and the Supervisor who went all the way to help us sorting out all the enquiries we had regarding Mumbai.

We only stayed here for one night and would like to share our experiences.
GOOD: Welcoming and helpful staff even the doorman had constant smile on their faces. complimentary airport pickup a good bonus and about 15-20 min to the airport. day trip to south of mumbai for sightseeing takes about 1.5-2 hours drive. Very modern rooms with flatsceen tv, quality bedding and good bathroom.

Bad: some areas in the hotel need updating and certain small areas in rooms didnt seem to get the attentions from the housekeeping staff as corners could be quite dusty and paint stripped. bathroom towels could do with a more refreshing cleaning detergent as they dont smell very nice. No bottled water or minifridge in room.

We would also like to thank the speedy response the hotel gave us when we requested a room change due to noise and within 10 min we were moved to a much bigger and nicer room at around 12 midnight!

this hotel certainly has better trained staff and front desk staff all speak excellent English. Overall a very good experience and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for the second time at this moment. This is a very good hotel. Mainly value for money. I booked this hotel by my business people. Quality of dinner and breakfast is very good, the guys working there are really good and friendly. I choice this hotel mainly due ti nearby the airport. I always love to get the morning flight and that suits for me.

I always booked for airport pick-up and drop. The administrative people are also good.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
chicago, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

I stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions and would do so without hesitation again. The rooms are well-appointed and impeccably clean, even by the standards of a western business hotel. The staff are very, very helpful - they let me check out at 6 pm after a one-night stay. There is reliable, fast internet, though it is not free (250 rupees for 24 hours). The location is not central, but neither is it in a particularly isolated area: there are decent restaurants within walking distance and other stuff a short cab ride away. Terrific value overall.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Been to Residency Hotel Andheri? Share your experiences!