“black bugs in my room; why did I pick this place?” 1 of 5 stars

You added The Shalimar Hotel to your Saves list
The Shalimar Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   August Kranti Marg, Mumbai (Bombay) 400036, India   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 389 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Toronto, Canada
“black bugs in my room; why did I pick this place?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

When I noticed the little creepy bugs, I should have alerted the staff, but I think they will accuse me of bringing them into the hotel, but I did not see anything like this during my stays in the Novotel in Hyderabad, or St. Marks' in Bangalore. It is hard to sleep with the constant sounds of the city traffic and dogs barking all night. The room kettle makes the most scary annoying noise. They do not provide a box of tissues, so you need to use toilet paper to blow your nose when you have an allergic reaction to the bug bites. I will need to de-infect all my luggage when I leave as I'm concerned these bugs will hitch a ride. I guess this is a case of getting what you paid for and I should have stayed at another hotel.

Room Tip: I wish there was a list of hotels known to be infected, and that hotels needed to be inspected by go...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TSHM, General Manager at The Shalimar Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear MandM12345

Thank you for the time that you have taken in putting up a feedback of your stay with us.

We are committed to extending exemplary service to every guest and believe in the ethos of “Athithi Devo Bhava”. We value guest feedbacks and whether positive or negative, they are taken in the right spirit and acted upon, where necessary. A negative feedback is also given as much attention as a positive one, by the management at the highest echelon.

We do have a strict pest control system in place, which does ensure that we are a pest free hotel. Pest Control (India) Private Limited, who services our hotel is a company which has more than 50 years of experience in this field and is servicing most of the top hotels and chains in the country.

As part of our efforts to offer services of the highest order, we make it a point to try and meet every guest. I am sure you would have been spoken to by our associates to inquire about your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again at The Shalimar.

Manoj Mathew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Great business hotel in the heart of the city. Very near to the prime business district. Well appointed rooms, excellent food, friendly, courteous and attentive staff. Great hospitality. The rooms are amazing and very aesthetic and very suitable.The breakfast had an array of international and Indian choices.The spread was big and awesome. We were met by the sales manager at breakfast who inquired about the stay. Nice Gesture.
Will definitely go back to the hotel if travelling to Mumbai again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TSHM, General Manager at The Shalimar Hotel, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear PiyushKapoor

Thank you for the time that you have taken to put up a feedback of your stay with us.

It has been our constant endeavor to provide the best of Shalimar to all our guests. It is indeed pleasing to note that you have had a memorable stay with us.

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I found this hotel while browsing with my friwnds on Trip Advisor only and was so happy... the location was perfect ...didnt spend on cab fare too much to go anywhere...the rooms was lovely and clean and the beds supppppper comfortable...the staff went out of their way to give me tips on tourist spots...and yes, room service food came hot and tasty. Apparently their chichen makhani recipe hasnt changed for generations and tastes exactly wonderful... from then till now. A must stay for all first timers to Mumbai.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
TSHM, General Manager at The Shalimar Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear charltindiza

We are pleased to note that you had a memorable stay and recommends us as a destination in Mumbai. Your words motivates us manifolds to continue with our efforts to offer the best of Shalimar to all our guests.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This was a really good find. Expensive if you're looking for cheap places to stay, but very reasonable if your looking for quality in Mumbai. Its a simple hotel, but very nice, very friendly, and very helpful. I loved the food downstairs with great snacks!
The best thing is the location, not in an area too touristy but close enough to all the main areas of Mumbai by short taxi trips.
There's plenty of really great cheap places in India to stay (and not on here) but its also good to have somewhere reasonable that you know, and where you can go back to anytime. The beds were fantastic! With amazing large pillows!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
TSHM, General Manager at The Shalimar Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Dear BlakeStephens

Thank you for the time that you have taken in providing us with a feedback of your stay with us.

It has been our constant endeavor to offer the best of Shalimar to every guest. We have always given the highest value for guest feedback, as that helps us understand the preferences and expectations of our guests.

Bhopal, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed in this hotel long ago and was very happy then and once again stayed here and am still very happy. The first thing which you will love about this hotel is the white lobby, very soothing especially after the drive from the airport. The location is prime- heart of South Mumbai which is upmarket location.I was here for 3 days and was in a lifestyle suite. It was a modern room with all modern amenities. The suite was theme based on New York city. Was interesting the decor and very apt to New York. Try the food- very good Indian cuisine. I was lucky to have an evening off early so went to the spa. Small but very relaxing. In the night a visit to Smooth (the lounge bar) is a must. Good crowd,reasonably priced drinks and a good ambiance. Recommended hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
TSHM, General Manager at The Shalimar Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear KVD60

Thank you for the time that you have taken to provide a feedback of your stay with us.

Our Lifestyle Suites are all theme based and we have tried our best to bring about a feeling of luxury in each one of them. We have been constantly striving to provide the best of Shalimar to every guest. We have always given a lot of value for guest feedback, as that gives us an indication of guest expectations.

We thank you for your continued patronage and look forward to welcoming you back once again.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was in Mumbai for a conference at a different hotel in Northern Mumbai, but wanted to spend a few days in the more southern area of the city. This hotel was a great choice! I booked it through Agoda and immediately fell in love with this boutique hotel. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are nice, the complimentary breakfast is delicious, but the best part of this place was really the staff.

There was a slight hitch with Agoda as I booked a suite and I was not given the suite on the first night, but once the Sales Manager Mr. Jacob Balla was made aware, he really was very accomodating and made my stay worthwhile. The next time I am in Mumbai, I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Shelldreamr

Thank you for the time that you have taken in providing a feedback of your stay with us.

We are pleased to note that you were happy with your stay and carried certain memorable moments back with you.

It would indeed be our pleasure to welcome you once again on your future visits to the city.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stayed at the Shalimar on recent trip to Mumbai. Staff very friendly and helpful, clean rooms, there was some building work going on hence bit of noise, but other than that would highly recommend this hotel.

Sohail Khan

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
TSHM, General Manager at The Shalimar Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear skh1225

We are pleased to note that you were happy with your experience and also recommends the hotel as a good option in Mumbai.

Manoj Mathew

Been to The Shalimar Hotel? Share your experiences!