“What an Exhilarating Day” 5 of 5 stars

Linking Road, Bandra(West), Mumbai (Bombay) 400050, India
+91 80 87 808722
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 186 Activities in Mumbai (Bombay)
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: FlyOVERMumbai offers Introductory flights in small fixed-wing aircrafts over the city of Mumbai. The thrill of flying low in a large-window slow-moving plane and exploring the city of Mumbai is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. FlyOVERMumbai gives its guests an excellent view of the ever changing skylines, places of interest and the birds eye-view of Mumbai and beyond.Whether you are visiting the city, want to gift something unique to someone,creating an Employee Engagement program or simply want to explore Mumbai - just reach out to us and we will make it happen
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“What an Exhilarating Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Me, my husband, cousin and her husband had a blast. The people here are just amazing. We have never flown in a small plane before on top of any city. Was nervous but to be honest I think they know this so they calm you down. They all had such an infectious good attitude and casual nature that made us all feel very relaxed and amped our excitement even further!

And the best was that we could fly over our house and the view of my house from the sky was just too great.

Loved it all. Very helpful and kind people with loads of experience and professionalism.

Hyderabad, India
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing experience - DO IT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The title of the review says it all really. Nothing beats the experience of flying in a plane at 700 ft, seeing the city as it is and enjoying the thrill of doing so. The views of Mumbai from top are amazing too.

I mean it.

"Awesome, fantastic, spectacular, out-of-this-world, amazing...." they all fall short of trying to describe the feeling of jumping out of an airplane. Doing it over Mumbai, with the team at fly OVER Mumbai, only made the experience even more awesome. I was terrified before the take-off in a small plane and it felt like my heart was going to stop - but I had the coolest pilot who did a terrific job calming me down. You guys totally rock!

If there is only one thing you do in Mumbai - do this! (I know what I will be booking in advance of my next visit to Mumbai.

Visited January 2014
FlyOverMumbai, Director of Sales at Fly Over Mumbai, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write about our services.

It was indeed our pleasure to fly you and show Mumbai from the Sky. We are happy that you enjoyed the flight and services provided.

As we continue to better and expand our services we look forward to your continued patronage and hope to have many of your near and dear ones utilizing the same.

Thank you once again.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 attraction reviews
“Easy to cheat a lay-man”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

To begin with the bookings, The manager called me n number of times n convinced me every possible beauty of the 'Joy Ride'. On agreeing the deal i decided to gift my husband a birthday gift in d form of this joy ride.

On the day of the flight :- I had booked the slot of 3pm. The manager gave me a call at 1pm(ie. 2 hrs before my slot) n insisted me to reach by 2pm coz they had to pre pone the flight due to ATC approvals. My husband n i had to hurry our office schedules to reach there by 2. Somehow we managed to reach there by 2.15 pm.

On reaching there v were made to wait for almost 45 min. Which  went beyond my original timing slot. On waiting there we got to know that we were clubbed with two more members for the flight. As per the description given in this website n also in the confirmation mail, i was told that they use a 4 seater flight which includes- pilot n 3 guests. If guests r just two, a co-pilot companies.. so in a way , they conviniently clubbed two couples in one 5-seater plane.

Also the seating in the 5-seater plane is such that one of the couple would have to slipt so as to sit next to the pilot, which was not accepted by either of the couples since we were promised that a co-pilot would be accompanying the pilot n the couple could sit together behind.

Also the company manager called us couple of times that day to pre-pone the slot but DID NOT bother to inform us that a 5-seater plane is being arranged instead of 4-seater and we would b accompained by one more couple.

Thus the company dint bother to serve the customers but was more interested in making profit by avoiding the cost of two separate flights by arranging a single flight for 2 couples whos were promised a private ride.

To the best of our knowledge, the ATC approval relates to d time slot and the area of flying and NOT the type of plane whether its 4-seater or a 5-seater.
We were tried to fool that the ATC dint give approval to fly a 4-seater plane but allowed a 5-seater plane to fly.

The company has a tie-up with 'flying club of mumbai' for arranging the ride. As per the pilot of this club, they were doing a favour on the guest/customers by agreeing to fly. D behaviour of the pilot with us n the couple who accompanied us was very RUDE.

Visited January 2014
We thank you for taking time out to write this feedback although you never availed our services.

We would like to state that guest safety is paramount to us and the usage of the type of aircraft depends on the prevailing safety parameters and no compromises are ever made. The aircraft that you were scheduled to fly was bigger that what would have been promised.

ATC approvals are a must for any aircraft to fly and we are no different;delays do happen, as is normal. Based on the balance required for flying, the aircraft seating is decided by the pilot to ensure safety and convenience.

As a policy, we do not fly anyone who could potentially create instability during flight or whose behavior is suspect - hence we chose not to fly you.
dsm
9 attraction reviews
“Great Experience...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I had booked this for my whole family of 4 and was never disappointed.
Infact my schedule time was on dot and no complains about communication.

i must say its an amazing view of Mumbai city from the air and wonderful experience.

i advise not to have your meal atleast 2 hrs before your flight as it may upset your tummy otherwise no issues at all.

i wish if they could give us too the headphones and give little bit of identification on landmarks spots or prepare a pocket guide of the tour.

price is abt $95/pax...if you are in mumbai then try this experience!

Visited January 2014
Thank you for taking time to write about our services.

Thank you once again.
New York City, New York
“Disappointing customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I purchased two rides for my parents to celebrate my mom's birthday. To begin with the process of getting confirmation for my purchase was very difficult. It is hard to imagine how a simple process of acknowledging the receipt of funds and confirming booking of two seats can be so difficult. It took the company over 10 days from the date of receipt of funds to even provide a confirmation email with details of the ride. Well, I still chose to be patient and played along.

Comes the date of the ride which was my mom's birthday. There was repeated delay and no communication being passed on to my parents. Finally when they were ready to take off, they decided to convert a 3 person ride into a 4 person ride (I had been informed in the past that they do not allow more than 3 people on to one ride). This upset the other 2 passengers celebrating a birthday and that spread to the pilot, who was upset and shouting at everybody. My parents are in their 60s and they did not take any special care of them. Infact, they made my dad sit in the front with the pilot and did not provide any assistance with him getting on. In the process, he also hurt his leg. Needless to say, they decided not to fly. My mom's birthday was transformed into a complicated drama filled with people shouting and blowing their minds off.

While it is tough to transfer blame entirely on the company, however I am very hurt by the way they treated my parents and the other customers. Despite special requests to take her of my parents due to their age and that it was my mom's special day, the company chose to ignore that and provided a terrible experience. Avoid!

Visited January 2014
FlyOverMumbai, Director of Sales at Fly Over Mumbai, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Mr. Satya,

Appreciate the time taken to write the review. We acknowledge that there was a delay in sending across a initial booking confirmation, which was sorted out to your satisfaction. Internally we have also strengthened our systems to ensure that there is delay for future passengers.

As promised, we were ready with the flight, had the engines revved up and even had two guests on board when your parents complained that it is a small plane and difficult to sit. Your father had the seat next to the pilot which is generally accepted as the most premium seating position. Your mother got a single seat too, but they were generally unhappy about the seating, which unfortunately we could not do much about.

We communicated with your parents the day before the flight, twice on the day of the flight and even wished your mother on her birthday over the phone. The delay in flight of 45 minutes was communicated 2 hours before the flight and thus your parents arrived later that the earlier scheduled time. Even at the airport birthday wishes were given.

The type of aircraft available for flying depends on availability on that day and we never compromise on flight safety. The aircraft in which the flight was offered was bigger than what was suggested at the time of booking and thus offered more space. Depending on situation we may increase the number of passengers without compromising on space and other parameters and a call is taken based on safety and the decision of the management.

The pilot offered whatever support he could, but your parents did not like the seating arrangements. No angry exchanges with the pilot, infact your parents were apologetic later for the inconvenience caused.

We always maintain a high level of safety and customer satisfaction and will strive better to do so in future.

Regards