I was in Mumbai this June on business with four colleagues. We had a conference at the Hyatt Regency. I looked around for a reasonably priced hotel in this area of Mumbai and couldn't find one. I was horrified at the difference in price between what resident Indians and tourists had to pay. Prices were almost as high as London. Not at all what was expected.
I read the one review here and took a chance. The price was right and everything seemed alright with the hotel - I had a good feeling about it.
I wasn't disappointed. The Kohinoor Continental is owned by an Indian chain and is the only four star hotel of its kind in Mumbai. It didn't seem to be well-known with foreigners and most of the guests were Indian - which made me feel like we weren't bein ripped off like we would have been in an international chain.
The rooms were simple but provided everything you'd expect. We ate in the hotel's main restaurant - which served good Indian food. The breakfast buffet (included) was great and mainly offered Indian options. Lunch and dinner was a buffet, but you could get a-la carte options. In the evening there was live music and many locals seemed to go there to eat. The hotel bar was also really good (you have to try the green chicken tikka they do there).
The staff were great and remembered our names. The surrounding area was interesting but only 10 minutes away from the airport and all other major hotel chains. The worst point about the location is that downtown Mumbai (where all the tourist attractions are) was over an hour away.
I'd definitely stay here again and recommend it to others visiting Mumbai.
- Also Known As:
- Kohinoor Continental Mumbai
- Kohinoor Continental Hotel Mumbai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Kohinoor Continental remains the foremost preferred 4 star deluxe business hotel in the commercial hub of Mumbai near the International Airport. Unlike comparable hotels in Mumbai, the Kohinoor Continental provides an intimate customer experience with an artful flare. Along with a contemporary decor, Kohinoor Continental offers you modern facilities combined with immaculate service that go a long way in making your stay memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, HostelBookers, MakeMyTrip, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Venere, Agoda, Fastbooking and Otel so you can book your Hotel Kohinoor Continental reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.