“Poor service and cost cutting everywhere” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Mirador

You added The Mirador to your Saves list
The Mirador
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   131-B, Opp. Solitaire Corporate Park, New Link Road, Chakala | Andheri (E), Mumbai (Bombay) 400099, India (Vile Parle East)   |
Ranked #70 of 396 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Surat, India
“Poor service and cost cutting everywhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed on 16 Jan.2014 for one night. I had stayed at the same hotel many times several years back also. I and booked on the hotel internet site. The booking confirmation stated that internet in room, breakfast and fruits on arrival are included. Internet was not working and I had few important e-mails to send. Called Front desk several times before someone came to assist. Took long time to connect. There were no fruits on arrival, once again called up Front desk. Was advised that fruits will be sent to room in two minutes. But as with internet, the two minutes were TOO long. Fruits never arrived. When I called up again the Front desk advised that they are not aware if fruits are to be given to me as per my booking and I was asked to contact House keeping. I contacted House keeping and they said that they have to find out from Front desk. After lot of tossing around, the house keeping told me that my package included 2 small apples only. Someone has to explain the Mirador about difference between Fruit and Fruits. My ordeal did not end there. The room was very noisy as very close to main road and full night I could not get sleep due to traffic sound. In morning I asked for dental kit and I was advised that it is not included in my package and it will be on chargeable basis. The hot water was tricking from washbasin tap, where as cold water has good flow. I did not call up this time as I thought may be only this small flow of hot water is included in my package.Went for breakfast, juice was served in 60ml peg. There was limited variety and no one came to ask if I need anything of my choice.

Room Tip: Rooms away from road may be quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Milburn S, Director: Rooms Division at The Mirador, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for patronizing “the Mirador”. Appreciate and thank you very much for your valuable comments.

We deeply regret that we fell short in many aspects to provide you with some of the facilities, services and the Mirador touch we pride ourselves on.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you faced. I will certainly take corrective measures to ensure all your suggestions are looked into seriously and in place.

Request you to give us an opportunity to host you once again, I assure to personally look into your preferences and comfort to ensure you have a memorable experience with us on your next visit.

DIRECTOR: Rooms Division

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Mirador is a nicely decorated Hotel with a no of restaurants. We had a dinner with our office
collegues . There was a dinnar party & Hotel provided buffet dinnar. The food are very delicious & tasty starting from starter to Maincourse & lastly with Deserts ( Bengali Sweets. Gilapi /Kheer & Pastry with Icecream ).The service is very good.

Room Tip: Any room. I had experienced only in Food not in room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your experience at "the Mirador", Mumbai.

We’re glad you enjoyed the food and service. Positive feedback from satisfied guests is our greatest reward.

I have shared your comments with our Executive Chef & Food & Beverage team, so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

Director : Rooms Division
Delhi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is probably the most inconsistent hotel in the world in terms of service. I travel to Mumbai monthly and this hotel is right across our office building and is quite convenient. I've also had a couple of pleasant stays and some not so pleasant ones in the past. This last stay was the final straw for me!

Inconsistent Service: The bellboys were their usual enthusiastic self remembering me from my last stay and welcoming me back with energy. The reception on the other hand was terrible. Both during check-in and check out there were incidents that were not too pleasant at all both resulting in awkwardness and delays. During check-in they couldn't find the reservation and after I produced a copy of the confirmation with the Bill to company they spent forever on the phone to try and get things sorted while I waited standing in eager anticipation. Twenty minutes later I was escorted to a room that still had food in it and the towels had not been changed. Overbooked maybe? On checkout they said a hanger from my room was missing in the most accussatory tone and only when I got into an aggressive mode did they search the room again and magically found it in the bathroom!

Lunch- The buffet was terrible. It used to be good, now it was completely devoid of taste. The spread was good but that's not much point if the quality isn't good. Maybe they've changed the chef? I guess when it rains it pours..
The breakfast is the only thing that remains awesome! My advice- unless you like surprises and shocks choose another hotel. Plenty available in this price range.

Room Tip: Avoid lower floors. Too much noise both from inside and outside the hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the embarrassment and inconveniences you faced. I will certainly take corrective measures to ensure all your suggestions are looked into seriously and in place.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have stayed in Hotel Mirador from 2007 regularly on Business Trips. Excellent Breakfast. Connoiseur food. Good rooms. If you are lucky and get upgraded to Club rooms they are excellent. The Hotel has WiFi at reasonable rates and Service staff is sensitive to your needs. Hotel offers a Spa service and well trained drivers and clean cars for Airport pick up and drop.
Post my retirement, I have used it for family stay and the received good treatment from the staff.

Room Tip: Normal rooms are budget rooms. Club rooms are Excellent and Spa rooms are real luxury ones.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you and appreciate your loyalty and valuable feedback.

We are very delighted to read your comments. It gives us great pleasure to see our guests happy.

It is our constant endeavor to provide genuine hospitality, true value and guest delight .
I assure once again to have you upgraded to the Club room and offer a free wi-fi connectivity too on your next visit.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Mirador is a great hotel if you are a business traveller looking for an over night or a couple of nights stay.

It is very close to the airport and considering the Mumbai traffic, sometimes proximity to the airport becomes important.

Rooms are clean and good, although the washroom/toilet del cramped. Very cramped. It could do with a decent mirror as well.

The restaurant was good although not a large spread. The buffet in the evening was tasty, and the way it was crowded, the two days I was there, it feels like a popular place for familes.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with larger washrooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Milburn S, Director: Rooms Division at The Mirador, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thank you for providing a valuable feedback on your experience with us.

We’re happy you enjoyed your stay but deeply regret that we fell short in few aspects to provide you with the facilities of your taste. I will certainly look into all your suggestions.
On your next visit I assure to check you into a larger room with a much bigger bathroom having Mirrors in it. Your comfort is our priority .

Truly said, we are a very busy and renowned restaurant brand with loads of international travelers and families who are fans of the House of Asia.

Live retro-pop, soft- rock, country music, drink packages and the sumptuous Asian buffet spread - Japanese, Thai, Malaysian. Korean, Indian, Chinese cuisines is a challenge to find around.

Looking forward to host you and your family once again and assure to look into your comfort personally.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Hotel is very good, has different choices for breakfast and all of them are really good. Staff are very friendly and wifi is included. You just need to ask for a daily password.

My room was not very spacious but very comfortable. Had all the nice little things a good hotel provides.

Is really close to the airport. Which in my case wasnt as good because i wanted to spend more time in the city center, and with mumbai's traffic it takes a while to get there.

Other than that, the hotel is really good.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Milburn S, DIRECTOR: Rooms Division at The Mirador, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you and appreciate your valuable feedback.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Mirador is near Mumbai's international airport and not too far away from the domestic terminal. Its clientele is a mix of business travellers on corporate contracts and typical tourists. I have stayed here multiple times but managed a write a review only now after a stay last week.

Rooms are not on the large side, more like small European hotels. Many are now refurbished and are quite comfortable. My biggest complaint is lack of adequate power sockets, something most hotels haven't figured out yet. Airport pickups & drops are complementary which helps. The breakfast spread is quite nice although the restaurant is definitely cramped.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. Appreciate your valuable feed back.

Truly said, Our hotel is indeed strategically located and We do receive a balanced mix of international &, business travelers. We are indeed conveniently near to major corporate houses, Malls, Cinema halls, airports, Exhibition & convention centers.

I have voiced out your concerns with our Chief engineer & executive Chef and we will surely take corrective measures and find a solution to meet your expectations on your next visit.

DIRECTOR: Rooms Division

Been to The Mirador? Share your experiences!