“Excellent hotel,service,location and staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trident, Nariman Point

You added Trident, Nariman Point to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nariman Point, Mumbai (Bombay) 400021, India   |
Ranked #5 of 396 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Excellent hotel,service,location and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed at trident from 29th march for 4 nights.we made the best choice.what a warm welcome we received at the outside of hotel just tells you this is an excellent choice. Check inn was super and we got our room almost immediately.everything was up to date in the room.the reception area, lobby etc is spotless with friendly smiling staff all over.each one went out of the way to make your stay comfy.when booking ask for a sea facing room we didn't have one but I'm sure that would be a good choice.the location of trident is excellent near everything. We definatley will be visiting trident again and encourage all to stay there.definatley won't regret it. Thank you trident for a memorable honeymoon. Mr and mrs D.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor,sea facing,away from the lifts
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trident Nariman Point for your recent stay.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again soon.

E. Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

The Trident hotel is a modern block on Nariman point, next to the Oberoi (it is actually owned and operated by Oberoi) and rebuilt after the terrorist attacks in November 2008. It has the feel of a business rather than a resort hotel. Decor is smart and the rooms well appointed. I had a four night stay here in April 2013 (room 1626). The bed was comfortable, the room reasonably spacious with a desk and a couple of chairs, and plenty of wardrobe space. The shower was one of those combined bath/shower affairs, and rather oddly had no slip-mat, which seems to me an invitation to an accident.

There is a good gym at the pool level. The hotel has an outside pool a few floors up, and this is a nice spot to look out over the Arabian sea and the city, and gets a cooling breeze. The hotel has a pleasant pan-Asian restaurant called India Jones, a cafe called Frangipani and a further bar called Opium Den. There is no Indian restaurant as such in the hotel, though you can get Indian snacks like dosas and uttappam at breakfast in the Frangipani cafe. You can also walk through a passageway to the Oberoi next door, which has an Indian restaurant called Ziya.

Service was good but not faultless. I arrived late and ordered some in-room food; despite being told this would take 25 minutes, it actually was a full hour before it arrived. Also, I arrived at around 2 a.m., yet my room was not ready, which I thought was poor given that checkout time is noon; 14 hours should be enough time to get a room ready. Evidently they had sold the room for a few hours to someone else, but in which case they at least need ensure that the room is ready for the paying guest who actually reserved it. One other minor gripe is that wifi was available and reliable, but charged extra. I find this very irritating given that the room rate here is hardly rock-bottom. It is like charging extra for soap, or for a pillow (perhaps I shouldn't give them ideas).

I have travelled 16 times to India, and this hotel is good but not truly top-notch based on my stay e.g. I preferred the Leela in Mumbai. However it is well located and was certainly pleasant enough.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Trident Nariman Point and we thank you for sharing your experiences through Trip Advisor.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. Your feedback on the room service order and your experience at the check-in has been shared with the concerned department heads and assure you that greater care will be taken in the future.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. My team and I look forward to welcoming you, awaiting a comfortable and invigorating experience every time you visit the hotel.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great choice for a stay in MUmbai. We stayed here for 3 nights. We used the transfer service from the airport which took the hassle out of our arrival! We had a room overlooking the sea which gave a lovely view. The rooms are spotless and very spacious and the breakfast was great. Nice pool too although I found the water quite cold! Overall a lovely hotel and good base for exploring Mumbai.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad that we could make your trip memorable and you had an enjoyable stay with us. Your feedback is most valuable to us.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is at Nariman Point at the top end of Marine Drive (The Queen's necklace). Walk on the seawall after sunset to enjoy the sea breeze and experience the visitors that throng to the area. The location is ideal as you can walk or take a short taxi ride to all the nearby sightseeing or shopping areas. My room, with a city view, was very comfortable and the housekeeping was impeccable. My breakfast, included in the room rate, was a first rate hot and cold buffet at their restaurant called Frangipani. Other meals and snacks I took at Frangipani and the Verandah (a casual area near the lobby) were excellent, as well - the menu includes continental and Indian dishes. While I did not use the pool, it seemed to get a lot of use from young families. The staff was most helpful and there was an abundance of employees everywhere. If you hesitated in the lobby, or elsewhere, there was always a member of the staff asking if they could be of help (without being intrusive). My brief stay was a great experience and I cannot wait to repeat it next year with my wife!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

It is heartening to know that that you enjoyed your stay with us and the services and facilities extended by my team during your visit to the hotel exceeded your expectations. Please be assured that the team will continue to strive hard to achieve customer satisfaction to the fullest and endeavor to pursue quality with vigour and commitment.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Trident, Nariman Point.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Had a really good short stay at this hotel. The best thing about the stay was the staff. Hira (of Wolverhampton fame) at the door was great.
Also special mention to the young lad in the Opium Den Bar and the nice lady at the desk on floor 28.
Look forward to returning soon.

Mr Bliss

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your valuable review on Trip advisor about Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident, Nariman Point. We thank you for sharing your experience about stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with the team.

E. Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com
High Wycombe, Bucks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were slightly disappointed to have been allocated a "rear view" room but it was on the 25th floor and quickly realised there was lots to see at any time of the day or night.
We liked the location of the hotel, the restaurants, the staff were always polite and helpful and even the exhorbitant prices fit in nicely with this up-market establishment.
The higher you go the better the view and if you get the chance go up to the top floor where they have the function rooms, the views there are spectacular. The only criticism is there should be a cocktail lounge on the roof!
Breakfast was very good with lots of choice and the staff helpful without being too intrusive. In the evening the Frangipani Restaurant is great for light meals although service can be slow when busy.
The best meal we had here was at "India Jones" as the sevice and food were superb. Nothing about this place is cheap and yet you do not begrudge this as everything is done well! It is busy and lively and this just adds to the atmosphere.
I had seen photos of the Lobby and Verandah area and was pleasantly surprised by how comforable and relaxing it was. In fact the whole experience here was a treat and I would love to stay here again given the opportunity.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident Nariman Point!

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at Trident Nariman on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident Nariman Point. Your appreciation of the food served, the facilities on offer and our services motivates us in our endeavour to create delight for all our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Pacific Coast Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were not keen to spend the money,but very glad that we did.Top floor,corner room,best view,great location,great foyer to people watch and have an ice tea,very comfortable,staff A1,could not fault the place.Great food hall a cross the road and movie theatre.Highly recommended.I asked the staff did they have any binoculars,so that I could look from my top floor room.They said that they did not,so they bought me some to keep.They are Bushnell 20 x 50 magniicationt.WOW,you cannot beat that,we stayed 7 nights.

Room Tip: We had room 3335 - Top floor corner room,2 large bay windows facing West and South (?) the view...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

E-mail: Generalmanager.Narimanpointmumbai@tridenthotels.com

Been to Trident, Nariman Point? Share your experiences!