“Decent Food, Slow Service” 4 of 5 stars

Facing East
JVPD Scheme, 13th Road, Mumbai (Bombay), India
022 26251125
Improve this listing
Ranked #385 of 9,667 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Decent Food, Slow Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Depending on which side of the dinner style you prefer, this could be hot or cold (meaning - if you prefer a slow languorous meal with loads of conversation thrown in or a quick efficient meal). The restaurant is located in juhu - next to Natural's ice-cream and a quick walk to the juhu beach.

The ambiance is nice - different from the traditional pagoda and chinese trinket decor that often adorns most establishments. There's a lot of mood lighting thrown in (although i wouldn't quite put the restaurant on a list of romantic places to eat at).

They serve 'pan asian' food with a selection of Thai, Chinese, Malaysian and some Korean food thrown in (i'm not sure if there are other styles of food included so pardon me). To be fair though, the menu is not extensive and you would mostly find the 'renowned' dishes from most of these countries - that's fine if you are unsure of what to order and would like to restrict choice down. As vegetarian's the choice of food was alright - not too short but not very extensive either.

The food quantity is quite big - and do not let anyone else fool you with that. Although my wife and I are not big eaters, we struggled to finish half a bowl considering how large the quantity is - we had ordered one appetizer, one main course vegetable and rice. The food tastes decent but it had a lot of artifical color thrown in - if you are prone to allergies, be careful (I tend to develop a rash and that was that...). We had read on other reviews that the quantity is generous and had checked again with the service manager if the quantity would be too large for the two of us since we are light eaters - we were assured that it was "just right".

We had visited on a busy Saturday evening so i do understand that service tends to be rushed - however, waiting 35 minutes between appetizer and main course (especially when they had been ordered at the start) is a long wait. I think the service promptness could definitely improve.
Overall, i think for the price and the quantity of food, it is very reasonable (if you're in college and need a place to go out to with a large group of friends to chat and catch up with, this is almost perfect).

I do want to add that my wife and I forgot our laptop at the restaurant and half way through driving back home discovered it. We called the restaurant and they had kept the ipad safely. It might seem almost like an 'expectation' but in many places in Mumbai, what is lost is indeed 'Lost'. For that, I am thankful to the restaurant management and to me that speaks well of a restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Not bad at all...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This review comes after my 10th visit, i mean they deserve a review. Excellent food and excellent ambience... though the service slags a bit, but i will say they are catching up... on my day one the service was so so pathetic that I thought I will never visit this place again. But the ambience and the food has surpassed their poor service. Anyway now a days the service is better than before and they seem to be serious about their customers. I will suggest a must visit, at least once. Awesome place for couples, family, friends, business and solo, though solo anywhere is not recommended :)...

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Facing East Restaurant, Juhu, Bombay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Had dinner here yesterday after hearing rave reviews from a couple of friends. Must say I was disappointed. The service was slow and the staff did not seem too bothered. The food itself was O.K. Nothing to write home about. I will say though, that the sauces were very tasty and so were the chicken noodles. Quantities were above average but just reaching the "good value for money" mark. Drinks (no alcohol) were overpriced.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Excellent Thai .....even the jain Thai i ate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Excellent food .... Best part they served jain too.....
Relished the exotic vegetables in sapo sauce.....

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Delhi, India
“Food is OK, service is poor and ironically ambience is excellent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Its funny but I loved the way they have done the place and that was one of the main reasons that I stopped at this restaurant. On the other hand the staff is untrained and slow… the food is average and the drinks are ok. I would not like to go here again.

• Visited June 2013