“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Pain Quotidien

Le Pain Quotidien
G2, Maker Maxity, 3 North Avenue | Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai (Bombay) 400051, India
+91 22 6615 0202
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #217 of 6,775 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Cuisines: Belgian, European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Description: Experience Christmas at Le Pain Quotidien! Christmas is all about enjoying time with friends, family and loved ones and, of course, delicious food. Here at LPQ, we want to make your Christmas as special as you deserve it to be. We would love to welcome you for an extravagant festive dinner this season along with free flow wine, sparkling wine and our homemade Sangria. Reserve your table now! What: Experience Christmas at LPQ! When: 25-27th December 2014 Where: Le Pain Quotidien (Colaba, BKC, Powai) Time: 7pm onwards Cost Non Alcohol: 1250 + taxes Free flowing wine package: 1500+ taxes
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was my first visit to LPQ with a dear friend as we were looking for a brunch place around Bandra. We had a fantabulous experience, enjoyed ourselves to the fullest. Unlike most brunch or buffet places, there was no menu spread over a section of the restaurant, all we had to do was to order the waiter for everything we wanted to try. The brunch menu included breakfast, soup, main course, desert, alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, all of which were unlimited for Rs 1250 (non alcoholic brunch). I started with waffles with Belgian chocolate. This was by far the best waffles I had! I followed this with Tomato and mozzerella tartini, minestrone soup, vegetable waterzooi which was veges with saffron and cream sauce served with herb rice. The sauce was mild, creamy and rich perfectly complimenting flavorful herb basmati rice. LPQ could also serve lemon iced tea with sugar on side. We completed our brunch with walnut and honey tart and Belgian mousse slice, both of which were the best in the city! As the portion size were small, we could try quite some dishes. We relished the brunch over 3 hours :P As we continued our conversation, after the brunch time was over (4 pm), we were shifted to the front section of the restaurant. There we ordered coffees- freshly brewed which was black coffee with milk and sugar on side and cappuccino with sugar on side, which were served with almond and chocolate biscotti, again one of best in the city! To our surprise, the coffees turned out complimentary :D The place has a rustic feel to it with wooden furniture. What brought in a fresh feel and broke the monotony were small potted plants on each table. The staff was courteous and friendly and service was fantastic. As we spent a good long afternoon at LPQ, I realized that their chairs could have been a li'l more comfortable had they been cushioned (perhaps, LPQ din't want customers to stick around for such long hours :P). The washrooms are clean and hygienic. Besides the chairs, I have nothing negative to comment on! My experience was awesome, felt like I was in the US! Value on money is 10/10. I look forward to many more visits :)

• Visited June 2013

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Heard about LPQ from a friend and decided to visit on my birthday with family. The sangrias we ordered were excellent, quite different from the sangrias served at other bars in Mumbai. We skipped the starters and ordered the main course, which was very delicious even though it was relatively bland for the Indian palate. The chef made a nice plate of assorted desserts with a candle on it to celebrate my birthday ;-). The place is expensive but very classy ambience and excellent service

• Visited May 2013
“Excellent Coffee Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Excellent place for coffee and snacks. Few Vegen items available but ambience is superb and staff is very nice. Cappuchino is worth a try !

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mumbai
“Very pleasant, very easy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

LPQ at BKC is nice and spacious, and the staff are very cool - friendly without being in your face, attentive without actually letting you know. Large windows, airy space and light wood furniture all make it an easy experience. I went there for a 10 course sampling menu (with prefixed prices) so I have no comment on the prices, but the food was consistent - easy on the palate, nothing was too heavy, and everything was fresh and crisp. I think they do their sea food very well (we sampled a groupa and a grilled prawn), and they have an eggless quiche which I'd definitely recommend. It's light and without the egg and cheese trappings of a normal quiche.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Lovely being an 'understatement'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This restaurant is a breath of fresh air.......minutes away from where I reside this new find took me by surprise.

Visited this place on a number of occasions & every time I've been there I've left wanting more. Open for business meetings, social events and or solo surfing it has a rustic charm combined with a sophisticated & professional appeal. It has a open bakery & kitchen concept which I think is great for a restaurant that size.

A well laid out menu mix, friendly staff, slightly high price points but super & serene settings makes this place a star for me! Things i've had so far and was impressed by were the sangria's (white wine with green apple being a winner here), chicken skewers, pork belly, Malaysian flat noodles, lamb stew, Mediterranean chicken breast. Desserts won my heart esp. the Tiramisu (typical) but the in-house special orange & coconut cake.

$$ - Loyalty card option would work well on the pockets for frequent visitors!!

• Visited January 2013