I had to travel to Mumbai this month on business trip for couple of days. Since my schedule was dynamic I did not book the hotel till the day I was supposed to travel. Well I paid the price and got the blues for it. I did not get any hotel in and around Andheri for some strange reason that those that I got were very expensive at more than Rs. 5000 per night. I visited Yatra.com and saw that there was a Hotel called "Blue Orchids Executive" near Sakinaka metro station which is about 15 minutes from the place I had my work at. The rates were also pretty aggressive, hence I booked it. Here are my experiences staying at this hotel for two nights.
- the aggressive room tariff (which you later realize is not worth taking the chance)
- at five minutes walk - towards International airport side, you have lot of good restaurants and shopping etc
- Location is seedy, run down. Immediately after Peninsula Hotel, the neighborhood deteriorates dramatically. In less than 100 meters you are walking along slummy, shady, run down retail stores and businesses to reach this hotel. I would have missed it completely, if I had not called their reception multiple times to locate it, though it is on the main road itself. You have to walk for few minutes towards International airport side to see good retail stores and establishments.
- The entrance/reception is so narrow and small that you wonder, where are you going to stay when you enter this place.
- there is a narrow/clummy/shady pathway through which you reach to your room abruptly. It is a small room with absolute bare necessities like a small wardrobe shelf and a single plastic chair.
- the bathroom is again, small, creepy and to the hotel's credit better maintained that you expect it to after seeing the reception, pathway and the room. The wash basin is so small that you end up spitting at your own feet.
- The mattress/pillow/blanket/towel etc - less said about them the better.
- I was too scared to order food here.
- You have a remote for the STB but the TV has to be manually switched on/off. You have to figure out the concealed button behind the TV for it!
- AC is funny, and behaved funny. Thanks to the ceiling fan you are saved.
- Wi-Fi does not work.
- There is no window in the room. Absolutely no sun-light. It is a completely closed and boxed up. You are under artificial lights always. Totally Claustrophobic.
Stay only if you are on an extremely tight budget, single and have work in and around that area.
This hotel definitely gives you the blues.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Blue Orchids Executive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.