“Awesome Experience” 5 of 5 stars

143, Soona Mahal, Marine Drive | Churchgate, Mumbai (Bombay) 400 020, India
+91 22 2284 3646
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #81 of 6,776 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Continental, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Romance
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Went to this place expecting a pizza joint - was much more than that! The place is right next to the sea and you can ask for seats that face the sea. The restaurant has open windows so the sea breeze comes in freely. Pizzas are great - I had a thin crust pizza with really good toppings. Not tried the buffet and jazz place inside - herd it is good.

• Visited February 2013

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“beat pizzas in mumbai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

great location.. i have had my most amazing food experiences in this restaurants.. pretty expensive.. but worth it..really good pastas too..the long and short of it.. you shouldn't miss this place

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
colette p, Manager at Pizza By The Bay, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Hi Soham - We were happy to hear from your review that you had an enjoyable dining experience at Pizza By The Bay. We’d love to see you again and thank you for your lovely recommendation.

Do like us on facebook.com/PizzaByTheBay to get updated on our specials menu or offers from time to time
“Good food, ambience, and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had gone for lunch with my family, including my two small boys. The staff was nice enough to make them pasta exactly like they wanted. The rest of us got their buffet, and loved their salads and pastas. I make it a point to try a different restaurant every time that I am in Mumbai, which is one a year or so - and had not been able to make it in all these years. I finally did, and was glad that I did. The food was very good, and loved the location ! There was a small wait. Not so impressed with the hostess. There was some confusion, since she 'forgot' that we were waiting for a table, and I had to ask another hostess, who finally got us a table. I expected better service, for sure. The staff inside the restaurant was much better - customized menu items for the kids, and were nice overall. Would definitely go again for the food.

• Visited December 2012
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Nice place for a Sunday afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Always liked this place for its location on the corner. Mostly it was a good place to enjoy a sunny Sunday afternoon with a nice beer and some pizzas. Miss the old red lined interiors, although the new white & steel look is also decent...kinda modern retroish.
The present Pizzas are good,...I really liked the thin Californian with sun dried tomatoes, however the Meat Ultimo stuffed with all that cheese was a tummy killer...very heavy, you need to be really hungry to order that. Also the spicy chicken melt and the salad were nice. The thing that I really liked was that they had some nice veggie/fruit combo juices, which they call detox juices...carrot/beetroot etc..
Overall, looking outside, with all the busy ppl walking by on Marine drive, it still feels like the old place albeit with better food.
PS: They have a 10% Service Charge on the Bill. Although the service was good, I honestly hate this idea of being forced to pay a service charge... I'd rather tip the waiters depending on how much I enjoyed the service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Akshay! Thank you for taking the time to review and let us know about your PBTB experience. We are glad that we were able to WOW you with our food, service and ambiance. We look forward to seeing you back at Pizza By The Bay..

Thanks once again for your lovely feedback!!
Chennai (Madras), India
“If you are in Mumbai, Do not miss Pizza by the bay!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was skeptical when my niece insisted on having lunch at this place. I travel out of India three to four times an year and have eaten Italian food at some of the finest restaurants. I have no idea about the history of this place when I went here. Starting from the soup to the Bruschetta to the Alfredo pasta to the chocolate desert, it was mind blowing!!! I never expected an out of the world Italian experience at Mumbai.

I should have rated this place "excellent" but then I gave "very good" taking into consideration the price (expensive) and the overall cleanliness of the place.

Do not miss this place.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
colette p, Manager at Pizza By The Bay, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Murali, hello and thank you for your review. Words of appreciation and praise are always a huge motivation to our team at Pizza By the Bay and we are glad you had a good experience. Thank you again for your recommendation and we look forward to serving you again.

Do visit our page on FB and like us for the latest updates on our menu and more..