“beat pizzas in mumbai” 4 of 5 stars

143, Soona Mahal, Marine Drive | Churchgate, Mumbai (Bombay) 400 020, India
+91 22 2284 3646
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #116 of 11,007 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Coffee Shop, Pizza & Pasta, Continental
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Pizza By The Bay has been an iconic brand in Mumbai's pizza dining history. The space that first opened as Talk of the Town in 1968 has been transformed into a bright, casual, all-day dining destination. This place is not only famous for it's mouth-watering pizzas but also the salad buffet which has been a super-hit amongst the patrons for several years. The introduction of breakfast has made it Churchgate's stand-out morning destination. Open from 7 am to 1.30 Am.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“beat pizzas in mumbai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

great location.. i have had my most amazing food experiences in this restaurants.. pretty expensive.. but worth it..really good pastas too..the long and short of it.. you shouldn't miss this place

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
colette p, Manager at Pizza By The Bay, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Hi Soham - We were happy to hear from your review that you had an enjoyable dining experience at Pizza By The Bay. We’d love to see you again and thank you for your lovely recommendation.

Do like us on facebook.com/PizzaByTheBay to get updated on our specials menu or offers from time to time

“Good food, ambience, and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had gone for lunch with my family, including my two small boys. The staff was nice enough to make them pasta exactly like they wanted. The rest of us got their buffet, and loved their salads and pastas. I make it a point to try a different restaurant every time that I am in Mumbai, which is one a year or so - and had not been able to make it in all these years. I finally did, and was glad that I did. The food was very good, and loved the location ! There was a small wait. Not so impressed with the hostess. There was some confusion, since she 'forgot' that we were waiting for a table, and I had to ask another hostess, who finally got us a table. I expected better service, for sure. The staff inside the restaurant was much better - customized menu items for the kids, and were nice overall. Would definitely go again for the food.

• Visited December 2012
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Nice place for a Sunday afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Always liked this place for its location on the corner. Mostly it was a good place to enjoy a sunny Sunday afternoon with a nice beer and some pizzas. Miss the old red lined interiors, although the new white & steel look is also decent...kinda modern retroish.
The present Pizzas are good,...I really liked the thin Californian with sun dried tomatoes, however the Meat Ultimo stuffed with all that cheese was a tummy killer...very heavy, you need to be really hungry to order that. Also the spicy chicken melt and the salad were nice. The thing that I really liked was that they had some nice veggie/fruit combo juices, which they call detox juices...carrot/beetroot etc..
Overall, looking outside, with all the busy ppl walking by on Marine drive, it still feels like the old place albeit with better food.
PS: They have a 10% Service Charge on the Bill. Although the service was good, I honestly hate this idea of being forced to pay a service charge... I'd rather tip the waiters depending on how much I enjoyed the service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Akshay! Thank you for taking the time to review and let us know about your PBTB experience. We are glad that we were able to WOW you with our food, service and ambiance. We look forward to seeing you back at Pizza By The Bay..

Thanks once again for your lovely feedback!!
Chennai (Madras), India
“If you are in Mumbai, Do not miss Pizza by the bay!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was skeptical when my niece insisted on having lunch at this place. I travel out of India three to four times an year and have eaten Italian food at some of the finest restaurants. I have no idea about the history of this place when I went here. Starting from the soup to the Bruschetta to the Alfredo pasta to the chocolate desert, it was mind blowing!!! I never expected an out of the world Italian experience at Mumbai.

I should have rated this place "excellent" but then I gave "very good" taking into consideration the price (expensive) and the overall cleanliness of the place.

Do not miss this place.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
colette p, Manager at Pizza By The Bay, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Murali, hello and thank you for your review. Words of appreciation and praise are always a huge motivation to our team at Pizza By the Bay and we are glad you had a good experience. Thank you again for your recommendation and we look forward to serving you again.

Do visit our page on FB and like us for the latest updates on our menu and more..
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“ICONIC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Will miss the live bands in the new avatar.This cafe has been my favourite over a long span of time.

The location is awesome . Great view of the Marine Drive from the tables.The menu continues to be interesting.

A wonderful place to spend some great moments over beers and watch the city rushing by.

Can get crowded at times esp over on weekend evenings/nights

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
colette p, Manager at Pizza By The Bay, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to review us. It’s the encouragement we receive from people like yourself which motivates us to strive harder and provide our discerning guests with the best quality food and service. We look forward to your continued patronage.