“Leisure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Marine Plaza

You added Hotel Marine Plaza to your Saves list
Hotel Marine Plaza
4.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   29 Marine Drive, Mumbai (Bombay) 400020, India   |
Ranked #34 of 396 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Leisure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is one the best hotels I stayed with. Even though i stay in Navi Mumbai we decided to stay in this hotel as its location is just perfect and it is having a good budget rooms as well. Bargaining gives a better deal. Their hospitality is simply superb and have a good cozy Zym as well. The small swimming pool at the top is an added advantage which has a very small but separate pool for the small kids as well. However the shower facility is not there on the pool side. but a good relaxing and home away from home. The small restaurant with full sea view is a good scenic beauty. Braborn stadium on the side is also an added attraction. The hotel has very nice and well trained staff who are always eager to help in whatsoever manner it can be to make the stay more comfortable. The lobby though is not so huge and small but very fresh and with full of natural lights as well although it is situated at the centre of the hotel. It is better to stay on the 4th or 5th floor to get a real good view of everything. It is a good stay at economy price that too at the Marine Drive in Mumbai, the happening.

Room Tip: Stay in single rooms as these are just in front of Marine Drive with full sea view and Queen's N...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HMPMumbai, Manager at Hotel Marine Plaza, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Mr. Saxena

Thanks so much for your kind review.

Its gives us immense pleasure in knowing our guests leave with fond memories and im sure our staff will be as excited as me in reviewing this feedback.

We look forward to many more visits and our very best to your family.

Have a Great Year Ahead.

Warm Regards
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Voissant, Rhone-Alpes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The personnel at the Marine Plaza, without exception, made our stay, two weeks, a pleasure.
You can rest assured that the reception staff, to name a few, Swapnali, Preeti and Kim will welcome you and take excellent care of you. To the staff in Geoffrey's english style taverne,cheers, even though India did beat England in the T20.
The small restaurant is very good and the Chinese restaurant is excellent, do try their laquared duck. You can depend upon the help and information of the concierge staff and the front of hotel staff. The location is excellently situated on Marine Bay close to the centre of Mumbai. This hotel is modest by comparison to the larger Palace type hotels,close by but very comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodelled room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Graham

Thank you so very much for this feedback.

Having you'll stay for over two weeks and getting a thumbs up on the service levels is definitely one that we will hold dear to our hearts.

We do hope this visit would be one of many and the next time you are around maybe England would be one up on us.

Have a Splendid Year and Warm wishes to your family.

Reston, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I had stayed at the Hotel Marine Plaza for less 24 hours. It was a disaster right from the time I checked into the hotel.
At check in I had called ahead of time to ask them for an upgraded room and I was willing to pay. On the call I was told that for additional Rs 1000 plus taxes I would get the upgraded room. When checking in I am told no upgraded rooms are available. At that point I was fine as long as I had a decent room.
They give me the keys to the room. I get to my floor and my room and its open, the staff was in the middle of cleaning my room and had left the bathroom in a mess and the bed too with its sheets half on the floor. Now I was really upset. You do not give someone keys to their room unless its ready for use.
I go down to the reception and ask them what is going on and what kind of a hotel are they running. I was ready to cancel my reservation and go to another hotel but the lady at the reception told me that an upgraded room had just opened up! (coincidence? I think not) I asked her if it was a non smoking room and she promised it it wasnt.
On getting to the room the first thing that hits me is stale cigarette smell. Again I am told with confidence that its from the other room! And that they will have the humidifier on.
You dont expect such level of service from a well know hotel in Mumbai and that too when you are paying as much as other 5 star hotels. On this same trip I stayed at Sofitel BKC and payed a bit less per night for a much better room, hands down amazing service and a great over all experience. I would definitely not suggest anyone to stay at Marine Plaza.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HMPMumbai, Manager at Hotel Marine Plaza, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guests

I am so sorry to hear about the issues faced by you. I am not only embarrassed but at a lost of words as i read this.

I can only assure you we will revisit the issues raised with the concerned departments, in ensuring they are never repeated.

Our training has always emphasized towards putting the guest needs first , attention to detail and in doing things well . This is definitely a wake up call that we will take up as a challenge in improving.

I do hope you give us the opportunity to host you again. I am quite confident that we will be able to turn this around in a more positive light. This is the least we owe you.

My apologies once again on behalf of the team.

Sincerely

New Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Excellent location. Small hotel. Fairly courteous and helpful staff. The hotel was going through renovation, but I felt no disruptions at all because of that, so quite pleased with their effort. I had requested for a sea facing room and that I think that added a lot to the overall experience. Breakfast spread certainly needs to be wider and the overall quality of food was just slightly better than mediocre.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HMPMumbai, Manager at Hotel Marine Plaza, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Guest

We appreciate very much your feedback on your stay and we do hope to see you again.

Our sea facing rooms are indeed quite facinating to most and i do agree that it does wonders to the overall experience. Your comment on the food is not lost and we will run through our chef to address.

Do have a wonderful year and our best wishes to all back home.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed there for a weekend. We got a room with a seaside view and it was excellent. No noise from the road and breathtaking view of the bay. Very pleasant staff, helpful and smiling, a reason to choose this hotel alone. We got a good introduction to the room by the helpful staff.

We tried the sports bar, located at the bottom of the hotel. This was a nice bar with descent prices. On top there is pool with a glass bottom, allowing the swimmers to be seen from the lobby floor, a fun gimmick surely. Pool is small, but good enough to chill in, and with an excellent view over Mumbai.

Room Tip: Seaside rooms are quiet and have excellent view, go for this if you can.
Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. Martin

We couldn't be happier in knowing your overall stay went well . Your comments have been shared with the team and has been a great moral booster to all.

We look forward to your next visit and Season Greetings in advance.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Recently i went to the Hotel Marine Plaza, i always was fascinated with the hotel since i was a kid as they had one of the best Christmas decorations in town.I had never been there before and this was the first time i was swinging by. I did not stay there but felt the vibe friendly and soothing. I was there for the MIDNIGHT BUFFET at 12.15 and imagine it was fully occupied we had to wait!!!! (never saw that coming), The buffet was very very reasonable by the standards of the hotel as some other restaurants in the area charge more for just Pizza's. They had a variety of food veg & non veg consisting of starters, soup, main course and desserts....the deserts were my favourite including the biryani.

If u have a citibank card u get a good discount but keeping that aside the meal was fully worth it and flavoursome.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
HMPMumbai, Manager at Hotel Marine Plaza, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind review.

Its great to know that you have been a fan of the hotel since your early childhood days and we are even more delighted to know that we were able to meet your expectations during your most recent visit.

We do hope to see you more often now and i must apprise you, that we have quite a few food festivals lined up next year, which I'm confident you will enjoy even more. Do keep in touch.

Early greetings for the New Year and best wishes to your family.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

we stayed there for more than 10 days. we felt like being at home. the staff bent over backwords to please us. i fell sick and they went to the pharmacy and brought me the medicines. the price, location, food and service were all excellent. going in and out was so easy being a boutique hotels. abundant amount of marble.have fun.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HMPMumbai, Manager at Hotel Marine Plaza, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest

We couldnt be more pleased in knowing your stay went well and the 10 days that you'll spent with us, felt like home.

Being small has it advantages and i strong believe service is more personalised and there's greater attention to detail compared to the bigger properties.

Its good to know you'll are back home safe and we look forward to seeing you'll again.

Warm wishes from all of us at HMP

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Hotel Marine Plaza? Share your experiences!