“Great Convention Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Mumbai

You added Grand Hyatt Mumbai to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Mumbai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Off Western Express Highway | Santacruz (East), Mumbai (Bombay) 400055, India   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #23 of 396 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great Convention Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Now here is a hotel that has an excellent selection of restaurants. There are some hard to find ones that have a perfect cocktail basement (where I attended a cocktail) which was a great ambience. The Bar, located in the lobby is well designed and you feel its a real place to meet.

Rooms are typical Hyatt, comfortable with nice fancy bathrooms. In indian style I was welcomed by my room attended, who came to make sure I had clean shoes (and cleaned them while I was working at the desk, insisting it was his pleasure). Well, indian travelers will understand this . he also made sure I had ample water and a steady supply of fresh fruit. One day I came back and clothes were hung to dry - and others folded and put nicely in place. So of course I felt spoilt.

The gym was ok, but could be better atmosphere. service was good, but I expected something more exciting (Like the Grand Hyatt Erawan in BKK). Overall, the hotel was well worth it. Pricy as expected. Located in a modern office area, very very close the Mumbai airport (yes, just 15 minutes away on a Friday night departure).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Grand Hyatt M, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your kind feedback. We are really happy to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and liked the close proximity of our hotel from the airport, overall quality of accommodation that we offer, service extended by our friendly staff, dining and entertainment at our award-winning restaurants and lounges; especially The Bar and our 24-hour gymnasium at Club Oasis Fitness Centre and Spa

We once again thank you for your feedback and truly look forward to welcome you again at Grand Hyatt Mumbai.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt for four days when attending a conference. The hotel is ultra modern, with rooms that are spacious, comfortable, clean, quite and very relaxing. The staff are polite, very helpful and ever ready to attend to your needs.

Breakfast at Celini and once at Fifty Five East was excellent with a hugh variety, leaving you wondering what exactly you should eat.

Overall, I had a very pleasant and comfortable stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Grand Hyatt M, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your kind feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a great time at our hotel while attending your conference and liked the overall quality of accommodation that we offer, service extended by our friendly staff and the food at our award-winning restaurants, particularly the breakfast at Fifty Five East and Celini.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights at the Hyatt. It is a convenient short drive from the International airport. Lovely room, great breakfast menu to choose from - ranging from Indian to Chinese to Continental. The restaurant service was excellent and the fine dining restaurants (Chinese and Italian) were very good experience for us. The Gym was spacious and the equipment were well organized.
There was only 2 small glitches -(a) the checking in experience was very slow, and I waited for more than 20 mins to get a room although I was the only one in the queue. The front desk receptionist told me that she could not assign a room to me and had to change it to another room and she also ran out of room access key cards; (b) There were frequent knocking noises in the vicinity when we were having our afternoon discussion in the Basement Function rooms, and that was an irritation.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your valued feedback. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the close proximity of our hotel from the international airport, overall quality of accommodation we offer, breakfast spread at Fifty Five East, service extended by our staff and food at our award-winning restaurants, especially China House and Celini.

We are however sorry to hear that you were discomforted by the long wait during check-in and the noises emanating from the areas around your meeting room and regret any inconvenience this may have caused yourself.

We once again thank you for your feedback and sincerely look forward to welcome you again at Grand Hyatt Mumbai.
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I liked this hotel for many reasons. First, it is close to Mumbai's international airport, so you can get in and out out of the city very fast. I saw several meetings held at the hotel, so it could serve as a base for your stay in Mumbai (which can be daunting, if not interesting for the traffic). I'll definitely stay here next time.

The room was clean and well maintained. It is not your usual room though, in terms of layout (although I stayed at the Club Room which should explain the uniqueness of the layout). The bathroom can open up into the room, and the room was extra spacious.

What I also noticed very quickly is that the hotel smelled very nice! The hallways smelled pleasant and the room too had its own sweet smell.

Breakfast was good enough, although I wished they had more Southeast Asian dishes like noodles and rice dishes. But I think the spread of Indian food was good enough, and the Western dishes were great too (I can only eat so much for breakfast).

Service was pleasant, although maybe a bit too intrusive -- with staff asking me if I wanted help every now and then, when I walking to and from the meeting rooms downstairs and when checking out. Sometimes, you just want to be left on your own.

The gym attendant also was too "observant" -- asking if I needed help (not good when you are just warming up, and you don't need people commenting on your posture) or looking at what I was doing. The gym was great though -- probably one of the best gyms I have stayed at.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Grand Hyatt M, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are very happy to know that you enjoy your stays with us and shall be staying with us on your future visits to Mumbai too.

We are glad that you liked the close proximity of our hotel from the international airport, overall quality of accommodation we offer, breakfast spread at Fifty Five East, service extended by our staff and the 24-hour gymnasium at Club Oasis – Fitness Centre and Spa. Please be rest assured your feedback about our service and varied options over breakfast shall be communicated across to the concerned teams.

Asia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband has regularly stayed in Grand Hyatt for a few days in a month during the past year.
This is my second visit with him and we have always felt at home on the club floor. We love the service and the staff there. They are always very professional, pleasant and friendly. I have the privilege to meet with two very fine young men from housekeeping both times. I am very impressed with the attitude and the attentiveness of Pratik during this stay. He has taken service to his heart and provide us with service beyond our expectation. I don't think it is happy co-incidence that we have encountered such consistent high quality service standard. We would like to congratulate and thank the Hotel for giving us a consistent comfortable stay here.

• Stayed September 2013
Grand Hyatt M, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your wonderful feedback. It gives us much joy in knowing that your truly feel at home during your stays with us.

We are very happy to know that you liked the service extended by our friendly staff and the consistency in authentic hospitality that we offer our guests. We shall certainly convey your kind feedback to our colleague Pratik.

Gurgaon, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a night and it seems that Hotel became very arrogant in behaviour. I had organised an event for my company, so i had booked a banquet hall, a conference room in business centre and 2 rooms. Overall experience was really bad.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Grand Hyatt M, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your feedback. We are extremely sorry to hear that you did not find your stay with us up to your expectation and sincerely regret any inconvenience that may have been caused to yourself. Please be rest assured you that this is not typical of the otherwise high standards we aim to achieve.

We will reach out to you shortly to obtain your detailed feedback and address your concern.

We once again thank you for your feedback and sincerely look forward to welcome you again at Grand Hyatt Mumbai during your next visit to the city so that we can regain your confidence in some way or the other.
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

A real value for money. The hotel was a real good bargain for the price paid. Everything was as described, and far better than expected. Would prefer to use Cleartrip again. It was a pleasure. Most recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Grand Hyatt M, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your valued feedback. We are happy to know that you truly enjoyed your stay with us.

Been to Grand Hyatt Mumbai? Share your experiences!