“Just Right” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Mumbai

You added Grand Hyatt Mumbai to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Mumbai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Off Western Express Highway | Santacruz (East), Mumbai (Bombay) 400055, India   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #24 of 396 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Just Right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

First time at the Grand Hyatt, liked it despite an incident in the middle of the night when the aircon in the room started making a lot of noise (however the problem was fixed within minutes of my complaint). If you are juggling between meetings in South Bombay and BKC, plus Parel/Worli thrown in - I would highly recommend this place. The staff is very courteous, the girls at the front desk are friendly and professional, they have a good breakfast, and importantly suited for the business traveler (no loud tourists, no bawling kids...). It probably is the cheapest when compared to say a Trident (BKC), Taj Lands End and the Sofitel. Very impressed with the room as well, and the range of toiletries. I have noted to stay here on my routine trips to Mumbai.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Grand Hyatt M, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are glad to know that you liked the service extended by our staff, dining options over breakfast and amenities that are placed in our rooms.

While we are concerned to hear that you did face inconvenience with the air-conditioning in our room, we are happy to know that our team was able to promptly assist you with the same.

We once again thank you for your feedback and truly look forward to welcome you again at Grand Hyatt Mumbai during your next visit to the city.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here for six nights in May - hubby was on a work trip so I went along for the sunshine and to enjoy the luxury.

We upgraded to the Club Floor which was excellent value. Their cocktail hour was from 6.00pm for 2 hours and almost every night, we ate the substantial canopes and sipped on wine (including sparkling wine!) and skipped dinner - we didn't need to eat much in the heat. In addition, throughout the day, you could take soft drinks from the Club Lounge - so there was never a worry about being ripped off by the hotel when all you want to do is keep hydrated. The Club lounge breakfast was also good - a couple of hot options and plenty of toasts, breads, yoghurts, fruits etc.

The room was very comfortable - as you would expect in a business hotel. The bathroom was good - separate shower to the bath - and nicely laid out.

The gym was also excellent. Plenty of equipment and you never had to wait to use the cardio machines - there were plenty. There was also a gym instructor in the gym too - a nice touch - and they provide earphones.

The pool area could be lovely - if you could get rid of the awful birds that seem to swarm round the place. I got bird poop on a dress even though the dress was placed under the umbrella. The pool is large but you do need to constantly move around to catch the sun rays because of the changing shade. The swimming pool attendants also provided you with plenty of water.

So why haven't I given it five stars? Well, it wasn't perfect - and some of it just seemed bad housekeeping.

1) The toilets for the swimming pool were not properly stocked or cleaned - a couple of times there was no toilet paper and nothing to wipe your hands on after washing them. When I complained, I was told that they were "out of order" - so why wasn't there a sign indicating this?

2) Turndown service - lovely - but why do they come so early? Usually around 6.00pm and frequently we hadn't showered - or we were in the gym and showering later. It needs to be not earlier than 7.00pm. Because you do need turn down service as water from the shower tends to leak everywhere and not drain as properly or as quickly as you might expect

3) No cotton wool in the bathroom!! Hello!!? Women need cotton wool to remove make up! Surely this is an easy fix.

4) Building (noisy) works by the swimming pool (which is on the ground floor).

Overall, nice hotel. The spa is also worth a mention - and you get 25% off if you go early in the morning. There is also a linked beauty salon (waxing, hair blowdrys etc) in the shopping complex - and you can charge expenses from the salon to the hotel.

We will stay here again and maybe next time, things will be fixed, the building works round the swimming pool will be finished and we can give it a 5 star review!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Club Floor. It is excellent value.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your valued feedback. We are happy to know that you liked the overall quality of accommodation at our hotel, gymnasium, spa and pool facilities at Club Oasis – Fitness Centre and Spa and the cocktails hours and breakfast spread at Grand Club lounge.

However we are concerned to hear that the housekeeping services did not meet up to your expectation. Please be rest assured that your feedback has been shared with the concerned team. In addition, as highlighted by yourself we have commenced renovation work on the façade of our hotel. After a distinguished presence on the hospitality front for the past 9 years, we are currently undergoing renovation around the hotel and are happy to tell you that we have completed the initial phase of renovation in most of our rooms. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused yourself.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Well, I could personally afford neither. But I travel a lot for work and my office graciously puts me up at the five star hotels. Over the past year I have stayed at Taj Lands End, Trident- BKC and at the Grand Hyatt - Santacruz. Each of them have had the plus and minus, so, look at my other reviews for the other hotels.

Why should one stay at the Grand Hyatt:
- Its away from the busy streets
- It is clearly meant for the business traveller

Why should one not stay at the Grand Hyatt:
- Its away from the busy streets
- It is clearly meant for the business traveller

The rooms are clean and the service is at par with any of the other 5-star hotels.

- I liked the way the ladies at the reception make you feel welcome.
- I was not impressed with the food
- There was contruction going on at the hotel because of which the breakfast was server at Celini of a couple of days.
- I would recommend a dinner at Celini compared to Soma.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Grand Hyatt M, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your valued feedback. We are glad to know that you liked the location of our hotel which is centrally located yet away from the hustle and bustle of the city, overall quality of accommodation, the warm service extended by our by our friendly staff and that you recommend the food at Celini.

However, we are concerned to hear that the food served at our award-winning restaurants were not up to your expectation.

Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed there for a couple of days during a business trip and found the whole experience quite enjoyable. The quality of service, food , the room was all very good. The location is just perfect for a quick trip as it is 10 minutes drive to the airport. I enjoyed the breakfast which was more like brunch. Although, it is on the costlier side for food it is worth the dime.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your kind feedback. We are happy to know that you liked the overall quality of accommodation, food at our award-winning restaurants especially the breakfast and service extended by our staff.

We once again thank you for your feedback and sincerely look forward to welcome you again at Grand Hyatt Mumbai.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is the second time I am doing a review for this hotel. I stayed two weeks in a row. The experience this time was very different. The following summarizes it:

- The hotel not only provides complimentary car pick-ups to and forth the airport, they also provide complimentary car service to and forth the nearby business area. During pick-ups, they took the my number (even though it was an international number) and call me when the car arrived. The drivers were all polite. In one instance, the driver waited for more than 30 min without any complaint
- The staff throughout the reception, concierge, bell counter were all attentative and friendly, very eager to help
- The hotel has a single lady program in which they assign lady guests in nearby rooms. Special toiletries are provided. There is always staff around in the lobby to greet guests. Pooja, one of the staff, always walked me to my room whenever she was on duty - a friendly touch.
- The staff seem to remember the small incidences happening to each guest, e.g. I changed room the first night I arrived because there was a technical problem with one of the drawers. I got repeated asks from different staff whether I felt comfortable with my new room. My colleague did not know how to use the key lock the first time she checked in the hotel and she went down to the reception to ask for help. The second time she checked in, the reception staff accompanied her to the room and showed her how to use the lock. Both my colleague and myself suspected that the hotel made notes in the guest profile

In my last review, I commented about the service of this hotel of not being personal, this time's experience is very different. I can tell the management and staff of the hotel are working very hard to improve guests satisfaction

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Grand Hyatt M, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are delighted to hear that you truly enjoyed your two-week stay with us and liked the newly launched Women’s Experience program which has been specially launched to cater to the customised needs of our single lady travellers.

In addition we are also glad to hear that the prompt and attentive service extended by our friendly staff were up to your expectation. We shall certainly convey you kind comments across to our colleague Pooja, about the same.

We once again thank you for your feedback and sincerely look forward to welcome you again at Grand Hyatt Mumbai during your next visit to the city.
Warwick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Spent 4 days her over a weekend so got the chance to see a bit more of the hotel than I did last time. Most of what the hotel does is 5 star. The rooms are quiet and spacious. The service is generally excellent. I love the breakfasts here - fantastic choice and lots of freshly cooked food. I also had room service food which was some fo the ebst I have eaten. The gym is great as is the pool. The location near the airport is reason why lots of people choose the hotel, although it it is then quite way to south Mumbai. The niggles - the lobby is overwhelming - not at all welcoming. The layout of the building, with its long corridors and the peeling grey vinyl cladding occasionally strike you as more prison-like than hotel-like. The spacious rooms have a tiny amount of wardrobe space - a couple with 2 suitcases are going to be really stuck! The mini-bar is locked and no-one offered a key. But overall I had a pleasant stay and would be quite happy to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Grand Hyatt M, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your valued feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us and liked the convenient location of our hotel from the airport, and easy access to entertainment and leisure hubs around the city. We are also glad that you liked the overall quality of accommodation, service extended by our staff, the multi-cuisine spread at Fifty Five East, facilities at Club Oasis – Fitness Centre and Spa and room service.

However we are sorry that you find our hotel lobby overwhelming. After a distinguished presence on the hospitality front for the past 9 years, we are currently undergoing renovation around the hotel and are happy to tell you that we have completed the initial phase of renovation in most of our rooms. You may have also noticed that we have commenced renovation work on the façade of our hotel. With regards to your feedback on the minibar, we do not lock the mini-bar as a practice, unless we have been asked to do so by the organizer/booker.

We are glad that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and once again thank you for your feedback. We sincerely look forward to welcome you again at Grand Hyatt Mumbai during your next visit to the city.
U.K.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The Hyatt Grand is well located in respect to the airport and even south Mumbai if you choose your journey time carefully, any problems with this hotel are minor and all of the staff go out of their way to assist you, even if occasionally they need reminding that when they say they will do something right away that it is what you expect, not to have to ask again one or two hours later.

I have stayed previously in 2009, so knowing the restaurants are very good and get busy, I pre-booked the Indian, Chinese and Italian restaurants, last night we tried the Indian food restaurant and it was again excellent, tonight the Chinese with similar expectations.

The rooms are in very good condition with only minor issues such as sliding doors that don't align very well, my daughter is staying in the next room, she has twice been locked out due to a faulty door lock, the second occasion because the key was programmed incorrectly to show her checking out today, 12 July 2013, which is a bit careless and caused her to call me during my business meeting, which was an unexpected and unwelcome interruption at the time!

On the subject of relatively minor issues, I had tried to book one of the boardrooms for a business meeting today, I emailed the concierge a few days in advance and never received a reply, I asked on arrival, not possible to arrange!, they did check with the business centre who could fit me in but insisted on charging me, there was no movement on this which I think is completely unreasonable based on the fact that they did not reply to the email request as far as I can see, very petty attitude to take, they did go out of their way to make an area of the club lounge available, which although very much appreciated, was just not the same as a private meeting room.

Would I come back? absolutely, these minor issues caused my rating of 4 out of 5, other small issues exist, such as complimentary chocolates only appearing occasionally, the complimentary wine having to be asked for, good job I like white also!, chocolate jar first day, cookie jar second day, nothing today! (just asked and turn down man is bringing!) , I do believe you have to highlight such matters so that they can become even better, downside of this is that if you do so it gets a bit tiring to recognised, it's that trouble causer Mr Day is my rather sad interpretation for such familiarity, oh well the price for not being as meek or quiet as a church mouse!

Room Tip: Ask for one wth a view of the courtyward or garden/pool
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are delighted to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and liked the overall quality of accommodation, close proximity of our hotel to the airports and city locations.

In addition we are also glad to hear that your dining experience at Soma, China House and the service extended by our staff were up to your expectation.

However we are sorry to hear about your interaction (or the lack of it) with our concierge and inconvenience caused by faulty door lock. We sincerely regret any inconvenience caused because of the same. Needless to say, we have addressed the same with the concerned personnel.

Been to Grand Hyatt Mumbai? Share your experiences!