“Unforgettable memories” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Mumbai

You added Grand Hyatt Mumbai to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Mumbai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Off Western Express Highway | Santacruz (East), Mumbai (Bombay) 400055, India   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #24 of 396 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kiev, Ukraine
“Unforgettable memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

It was my vacation last year. But till now i cant forgot its pleasant staying. Hotel not so far from airport.Amazing food and very professional staff. Thanks you guts a lot! My room was near lounge club, but no sounds going inside room from ppl))) Great view from window, every morning pigeons flew. Wanna back there not only for one time!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
GrandHyattMumbai_55, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your great feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Grand Club, our executive floors in Grand Hyatt Mumbai. The hotel is conveniently located with close proximity to the domestic and international airports. Grand Hyatt Mumbai offers a gamut of authentic restaurants under one roof. Our staff is always happy to extend warm hospitality to our esteemed guests and ensure their stay is a pleasant one. We sincerely look forward to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Mumbai.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Melbourne Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I liked this place but probably not as much as the Westin which is about 10ks north. Depending on where you need to work / visit this is a suitable alternative. The rooms are standard hotel with nothing special. Bed was a bit hard but I guess as a hotel you'll never satisfy everyone here. The floor I was on was non-smoking but as usual you could smell someone was sneaking a cigarette or two on occasions. The corridor was light and open however this also made it noisy at times. Where the hotel was particularly excellent was the restaurants - I tried their in house Indian, Italian and Chinese restaurants as well as room service. All were terrific. The breakfast was a little confusing, down stairs, not enough staff at times but the food was some of the best I have had. They could be quicker with the coffee when you sit down but in all seriousness that is minor. The quality of their produce was first class. I obviously didn't try everything but particularly liked their daily gammon ham carvery. The gym is also quite good, not the best I have been indefinitely decent enough. The staff in particular were great. I used their car service and they were always timely and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms in towards the middle are larger.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GrandHyattMumbai_55, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are glad that you had a comfortable stay with us during your visit to Mumbai.

Grand Hyatt Mumbai’s central location makes it convenient for our guests to commute to various parts of the city and is well within close proximity to the business and entertainment areas of Mumbai.

It gives us much joy in knowing that you liked the food at our award-winning restaurants Soma, Celini, China House and the breakfast at Fifty Five East.

We are also happy to know that you found our facilities and service at Club Oasis - Fitness Centre and Spa to be up to your expectations. Designed to rejuvenate mind, body and soul, Club Oasis - Fitness Centre and Spa has a 24 hour gymnasium with personalised trainers and innovative exercise programs.

We ensure that our valued guests such as yourself have a wonderful and pleasant time with us and aim to stand true to our vision of providing authentic hospitality and an experience unparalleled in India.

We sincerely look forward to welcome you back at Grand Hyatt Mumbai.
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

What an amazing experience i had with Hyatt. Actually i had received a complimentry stay from my company for 1 night couple and believe me we enjoyed every moment of the same. The Food was superb we also visited China House which is a Pub inhouse. ROom service was excellent and staff is very polite and friendly. If you wish to stay closer to the Domentic Airport this is the place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! We thank you for a wonderful feedback and are extremely happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves in offering a gamut of authentic restaurants under one roof. China House Lounge is indeed a very popular high energy lounge in Mumbai. We are also glad to know that you liked the services and warm hospitality extended to you by our staff. Grand Hyatt Mumbai is located close to both international and domestic airports, making it an ideal choice of luxury accommodation in Mumbai for both business and leisure travellers.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the city
Bangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed overnight at the Hyatt, with a two day conference, for a client.

I've stayed at the Hyatt a couple of times before, and the infrastructure and food has always been as I expected of a valuable brand.

This time, however, I found it was the service that was below par. Both on arrival and leaving, our hands were full with bags and there was plenty of staff hanging around, no one bothered to open the doors or assist us.

At the conference, the first answer to any request was usually no. I had a bad throat and requested for hot water in a flask, as I had a bad throat- there was no flask! The next day I asked for a large white board, there was no large white board! And as always, it is not only about the refusal but also the curtness and indifference with which it is done. Completely bureaucratic. Just a big fat no, in your face- no solution orientation at all, and no demonstrated sympathy in telling the customer no. And my requests weren't extraordinary ones- is it possible that a hotel such as Hyatt has no flask in the facility? And different sizes of white boards? Are if staff are not taught to handle small requests such as these, I wonder how they deal with really unusual requests- I shudder to think of the guest at the receiving end.

I felt the same coldness at the reception when checking in late in the evening- again, plenty of people hanging around, but no attention to detail- small things, a guest is looking tired (and I was sick...) how about a little caring in your voice, a little help to find the elevator in a huge hotel...these things, unfortunately can not be taught by process- they did everything right to facilitate my check in, and yet...I felt nothing.

I want to be very clear that the three star is only for the quality of the property- good rooms and infrastructure. For service at the conference I would mark the staff at zero, as at the entry-exit of the hotel. The front desk I would give a generous 1.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GrandHyattMumbai_55, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Mumbai, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your valued feedback. We are glad to know that you liked the overall hotel infrastructure and the quality of our accommodation. In addressing your concern with regard to the white board, we offer a standard size of white boards for all our conferences. In case there is a special requirement for a specific size of white board, our guests share this in advance with our Event Sales team who are always happy to make these additional arrangements well in time. Your feedback has been highlighted to the concerned departments as we are extremely concerned to know that your experience with the attitude of our banquet and front office staff was not a pleasant one. We assure you that this is not typical of the high standards of service that we aim to achieve. We sincerely look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Mumbai and in some way regain your confidence.
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The experience which i had is nothing short of amazing. Every staffs in the hotel speaks good English and the staffs remembers you by your name which goes to show the tremendous effort by them in hospitality.

The service were very prompt and far exceeded my expectation, staffs over here tries to make your stay a memorable one.

When I was at loss for choice of food, the Guest Relations Executive tries to find out what kinda taste buds i have before making recommendations on the restaurants and food that they have here.Impressive i should say! The food was good, stay was memorable and I'll be sure to stay in the same hotel the next time i fly to Mumbai.

Room Tip: No real tips, all i asked for was non smoking Grand Club Room.
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your great feedback. We are extremely happy to know that you liked the services extended by the Grand Hyatt Mumbai staff as they are truly committed to providing authentic hospitality and an experience unparalleled in India, to our guests. We are also glad to note that you enjoyed your dining experience at the hotel. We sincerely look forward to welcome you back to the Grand Hyatt Mumbai.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've stayed at this hotels for a few times, and I have to agree with other reviews about Hyatt's consistency. I enjoyed the selection of F&B offered, especially the breakfast buffet. The room is spacious, cosy with classy amenities. It is so near to the airport, and the hotel support going green by having hybrid cars for guests pick-up service (so nice!)

Throughout my stay, the person on the phone (be it housekeeping, room service or the front desk) will address me by my name and that made me impressed with the hospitality shown by the staff.

The only thing I wished for this hotel to improve is : please provide free Wi-Fi for your guests. Considering most of the guests are business travellers, having that kind of service will surely delighted them (me included).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your valued feedback. We are extremely happy to note that Grand Hyatt Mumbai is your preferred choice of luxury accommodation in Mumbai. It is very encouraging to know that you like the selection of Food & Beverage offered at the hotel. We are also happy to know you liked the services extended by our staff. In addressing your query on the Wi-Fi connectivity, please note that Grand Hyatt Mumbai offers both hi-speed broadband internet and Wi-Fi connectivity to its guests at all times. We look forward to welcome you back again to the hotel on your next visit to Mumbai.
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My second stay this year at the Grand Hyatt Mumbai was as good as the first. Though it is not close to where it is all happening down Colaba way it is very close to the airport which is a real bonus, and it is very easy to get a taxi to wherever you want to go. As I always say a hotel is only as good as it's people and the staff of the Grand Hyatt as warm, friendly and efficient. The rooms are cosy, the beds are deliciously comfy and they have great hairdryers. The hotel itself is spacious and has the most amazing artwork scattered beautifully around the hotels open areas. Last but not least all the restaurants within the hotel are outstanding. And they do a great special Grand Hyatt Mojito in the bar.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Reviewer

Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Mumbai! Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are delighted to know that both your stays with us have been very pleasant. Grand Hyatt Mumbai is conveniently located in close proximity to both the international and domestic airport in Mumbai and all other key areas of the city. Our staff at Grand Hyatt Mumbai is extremely committed to provide authentic hospitality to all our valued guests. Being one of the finest luxury hotels in Mumbai, the guestrooms are designed keeping in mind the needs of both leisure and business travellers. Grand Hyatt Mumbai very is proud to showcase over 100 pieces of commissioned art that are works of both upcoming and established artists of India; all under one roof. We are also happy to know that you liked dining at all our restaurants very much. The Bar is definitely a great place to unwind and relax in the evenings over pre and post dinner cocktails created by our award-winning bartenders. We sincerely look forward to welcome you back again to the hotel on your next visit to Mumbai.

Been to Grand Hyatt Mumbai? Share your experiences!