“Wedding night!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai

You added Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39, Juhu Beach, Mumbai (Bombay) 400049, India   |
Ranked #65 of 396 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Netherlands
“Wedding night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

AMAZING! We arrived again in style and were received as appreciated guests, were showed to our room and what a beautiful view! I love the beach! And to hear the ocean is amazing! In the evening we had a dinner at the kebab restaurant and our waiter I believe it was a supervisor was super helpful, even though it was for one night it was a great stay, wish i could stay here longer. Btw if you have time visit the chocolate cafe take the chocolate fondant delicious!
One negative thing, is that the stay was given to us by one of our friends on my name, however when arriving they were not addressing me anymore but only my husband I believe that is not polite and rather rude. I believe if the reservation is on the females name (mine) to address the female and not just ignore me and only talk to the husband.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai and taking time out to share your experience with us!

We are glad to note that you've had an amazing stay at the Hotel. I've noted your comment regarding not being addressed during Check-in. I would like to apologize for the same. I've taken it up with our Training Manager and assure you of enhanced service levels on your next visit to the Hotel.

My team and I would love to welcome you again!

Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel is wonderful I felt at home a great place to hang out, stayed here for a week and I'm happy, nice place, my room had a very comfortable, nicely decorated is also a balcony high price but worth it, good location all ok

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai!

We would love to welcome you again on your next visit to Mumbai.

Nicosia, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel is nicely situated on Juhu beach. It is not recommended to swim in the sea, but there is a nice swimming pool in the hotel. Breakfast is good and room service/restaurants are good as well, albeit a bit pricy. One disadvantage: Juhu beach is far from almost everything you may want to visit in Mumbai.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Marlies J,

Greetings from Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai! Thank you for taking time out to share your experience with us.

As you may know, the Hotel is located right on the Juhu Beach, at a short 20 minute drive from the airport and is conveniently located for both business and leisure travelers. The major attractions around the Hotel include the ISKON Temple and the Prithvi Theatre located just 5 minutes away. There are many shopping and entertainment areas near the Hotel.

My team and I would love to welcome you again on your next visit to Mumbai!

mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is a perfect place for north mumbai based business trip followed by leisure or a day before going back to your country. This is truely a resort. The entire ambience here is great. It makes you relaxed even while going out for meetings. No heighted lobbies and shiny capsule elevators, no fountains but some artwork from sea shells and a small trolley parked with tea-coffee and refreshment on arrival at the reception, Seated check-in is another feature. A bakery shop and gift shop good for those who dont wish to go out and shop.
Kala Niketan is best place to purchase tuniques / Kurtas / Salwar-Churidar in Silks, wedding and fancy printed sarees and Men's festive or partywear. Watch a film at PVR / cinemax nearby at Dynamix mall - the Juhu area has been the residence of movie stars and party locations of launch of bollywood films and "Muhurat". Good rooms with view on sea. Private exit to beach. ENJOY - Foccasia sandwich served by Francis and others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to provide Tripadvisor users with such a detailed review. It is indeed our pleasure to have you stay at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Juhu, Mumbai!

I've shared your experience with my team and it serves as a motivation to all. We would love to see you again on your next trip to Mumbai!

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on 09th June with my family. It has an amazing location, bang on Juhu beach. I chose this hotel mainly due to its wonderful location. It is not a big property. Lobby and restaurants are small as compared to Luxury hotel standards but this hotel has it's own elegance and charm which makes it one of the best hotels in Mumbai. Food is good but breakfast should have more variety of Indian dishes.Unfortunately, we were welcomed by heavy rains in Mumbai. There was no scope of moving out of the hotel as it kept raining throughout my one day stay. Had the hotel not been on the beach we could not even go to the beach due to heavy showers and my daughter would have been very disappointed. Thankfully, we were right on the beach all the time.We could have enjoyed our stay at this hotel a lot more if we were there on a bright Sunny day.

Wonderful hotel, Wonderful location !! Keep it up SUN n SAND !!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Sanjay Singh,

Thank you for your kind wishes. I've noted your comments regarding Breakfast and shared your feedback with our Chef.

It would indeed be our pleasure to welcome you at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai during your next visit to the city.

Zug, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is my second visit here and I really enjoy the mix of old and new. The rooms are a good size. I took a superior room and the little extra was worth it for the wonderful view. Staff are helpful and friendly. The only negative was the slow service on the front desk for check out.
When I visit Mumbai with my husband we will certainly stay here.

Room Tip: upgrade for a sea view... well worth it!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for patronizing Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai and taking time out to share your experience with us! We have noted your comments regarding service levels during Check-out and shall have corrective measures put in place.

We would love to see you again on your next visit to Mumbai!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I had a great experience with this hotel. The staff is courteous and friendly. Many choices about dining but you can also walk to a close by area with many little restaurants. The beach is nice to walk along and the swimming pool refreshing; furthermore, I had a nice transfer to the airport early in the morning. It was a nice place to relax after a month travelling all over India before heading back home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to note that your stay was relaxing before heading back home. Thank you for choosing Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai and taking time out to write about your experience on Tripadvisor.

We would love to see you again on your next visit to Mumbai!

Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai

Been to Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai? Share your experiences!