The Hyatt Regency Mumbai is very close to the airport. We used it for a 2 day layover before going on to Goa – a 45 minute plane flight from Mumbai.
This hotel is very attentive to service. The main restaurant has an excellent buffet breakfast including Indian, American, Chinese and Japanese dishes to name a few. Waiters buzz around you asking if you need anything regularly.
The hotel has a Regency Club which is very nice. They offer a continental breakfast during the morning and evening cocktails and heavy hors d’oeuvres. The staff there are also very attentive.
We had a suite and the bathroom had a step down shower with an adjoining bathtub. The shower had a handheld shower as well as the standard rain shower that Hyatt’s are using more regularly. The room was very well appointed and quiet. However, we had a room that overlooked a tennis court which didn’t appear to belong to the hotel and instead overlooked a Hilton.
We used the hotel car service for a local tour of Mumbai but our main goal was to tour the Elephanta Caves. We asked that our driver get us there and stay with us so that we would have no language or guidance problems. We may not have needed him for the tour itself but he did navigate all of the locals for us so there were no language problems for us. He actually enjoyed the tour as well even though he’d been there twice before.
The hotel car was used for around 8 hours at a cost of 10,000 INR. It is somewhat expensive but you could have also had a complete tour of Mumbai including stops at Ghandi’s house, all of the important monuments, etc. for about the same price. We’d done the other tours previously so we concentrated more on the tour of Elephanta Caves.
The driver was very nice and looked after us at all times.
We’d also recommend getting the car service to pick you up at the airport and take you back. It’s nice knowing that you’ll get to the hotel quickly with no hassle.
The hotel also has a very quiet swimming pool area that seems very well maintained. We didn’t swim but found it very relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Mumbai is the city's premier gateway hotel, offering a contemporary and stylish hotel experience. Located a kilometre from the international airport and less than 15 minutes from the domestic terminals, the hotel provides easy access to the rapidly growing business, shopping and commercial centres of North Mumbai. The location enables us to design a range of carefully crafted facilities and services to address the increasingly sophisticated needs of domestic and international business travelers, along with corporate meeting organizers and decision-makers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Mumbai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Mumbai Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Mumbai
- Grant Hyatt Mumbai