“Excellent Stay in a Wonderful city” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   90 Cuffe Parade, Mumbai (Bombay) 400050, India   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Festive Value Offer!
Ranked #15 of 389 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent Stay in a Wonderful city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My self and my wife stayed in Vivanta President Hotel in April 2013 for one month. Overall I am very satisfied with the stay. Main key point in this hotel is its staff, who are friendly, caring and more than happy to satisfy you even if it is outside their work scope. You truly feel that you are in family background.
Pool area was clean and friendly pool attendants will serve you with fresh juice. Nice Gym where the instructor is always ready to help/guide you.
Only down side is the breakfast where they have the same spread. However, you can order your preferred egg and local breakfast as you wish. Restaurant staff is friendly and happy to give you advice on local sightseeing.
We had an excellent and enjoyable stay. We would definitely comeback whenever I visit Mumbai again. Highly recommended for Business and family trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AnandPadmanabhan, Director of Sales at Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai, responded to this review, May 23, 2013

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj President Mumbai

Thank you very much for your kind comments on the hotel and we are most thankful for the valuable feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and rest assured, we shall ensure all personal care

Vivanta by Taj President Mumbai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Its really the little things that make a hotel special & this hotel exceeds at attention to detail. All the staff we met were charming & helpful - from check in, to the pool/gym, breakfast, housekeeping & even the security team. The room was not massive but nicely appointed & decorated. The bed & pillows could only be described as divine - super comfy! The bathroom had a huge shower, nice robes & very nice toiletries supplied. The breakfast was not cheap but well worth the outlay. A fantastic spread of Indian options, pastries, cheeses, etc & the chai wallah doing the rounds of the room is a nice touch. But the best part of my stay was the pool experience. A lovely setting with lots of lounges to choose from, magazines on offer & even an AC glass walled room if you don't like the heat. The pool staff were delightful offering us fresh juice shots every day, cold face towels & water to keep us hydrated. Very thoughtful! This hotel is in a great location too. Walkable distance to the local sights such as Gate of India, Taj Palace Hotel, etc but in a quiet residential area. Lots of taxi options at the door if you wish to go further afield.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are worth the extra money.....although it makes it difficult to drag yourself awa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel has the same charm of a Taj Hotel same lovely service with a smile always ready to help and really go all out to make the guest comfortable that is Taj with Sri JRD Tata dreamt of and well his legacy continues speaks volumes of the group they are by far the only Indian hotel group where you can see indian hospitality at its best.
Long live the taj group and by the way I am an all out traveller love what you get in real terms is Taj

• Stayed May 2013
AnandPadmanabhan, Director of Sales at Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai, responded to this review, May 16, 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

In April I stayed here for 3 weeks while on business and loved every minute. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful, going out of their way to make sure all my convenience and business needs were met.

I absolutely loved the spa, gym, and pool and made use of them whenever my schedule allowed. One my favorites was just sitting in the steam room, letting my work stress melt away.

Because I was there so long, some of the staff got to know me and recognize some of my habits. One of the floor attendants got to know my habits and would even chide me for working long hours and sometimes skipping dinners. He would bring me simple meals of steamed veggies and rice, which was exactly what I needed.

As a road warrior, I stay at a lot of different hotels all over the world, but at this hotel I truly enjoyed coming back every evening and felt taken care of.

Room Tip: Since I was here for three weeks, I wish I had requested a room with a small kitchen or microwave...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very courtious. Our check in was fast. Room lighting is confusing. Not much variety in breakfast. On Sunday we were made to hurry up to finish the breakfast unlike taj hospitality. But it was still a good experience overall.

• Stayed March 2013
AnandPadmanabhan, Director of Sales at Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai, responded to this review, May 6, 2013

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj President Mumbai

We regret any inconvenience caused to you whilst at breakfast and it is our constant endeavor to serve you better.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Friendly Staff, always smiling and available any time.Though the breakfast was same on all the 4 days I stayed there, the staff made the difference.
The tone of the room was really great. Didn't use the spa, pool or gym
Only disadvantage I felt was the security checks you have to go through each time you get into the hotel. And I am still waiting for a query I had sent them.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj President Mumbai

May I request you to kindly address your query to me so we could address the same on instant.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one week in March 2013. The overall experience was very good. I was first allocated a room beside the elevators but at my request I was then moved into a corner room at the end of the corridor on an upper floor. The room, though not particularly large in size, was modern and comfortable with wonderful views. The room was fairly quiet with no noise coming from within the hotel but some audible from the roads below. The bathroom had a shower but no bath tub: i was told that none of the hotel rooms have baths.
Contrary to other reviewers, I found the reception staff helpful and attentive. Even more impressive were the staff at the very expansive breakfast buffet who were exceptional. I hardly ever needed to go to the buffet because the staff were always ready and willing to fetch whatever I needed.
Overall then this hotel can be firmly recommended

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Vivanta by Taj President Mumbai

Been to Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai? Share your experiences!