“Outstanding. We didn't want to leave....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Taj Lands End

You added Taj Lands End to your Saves list
Taj Lands End
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Band Stand, Bandra West | Bandra, Mumbai (Bombay) 400 050, India   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Extended Stay Offer
Ranked #7 of 389 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Sydney, Australia
“Outstanding. We didn't want to leave....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The Taj Lands End ticks all the boxes. They do an outstanding hotel experience. Their attention to detail is extraordinary. Their staff are wonderful, their standards are so high, yet they are so friendly and helpful. This is, without a doubt, the most 'looked after' I've ever felt in a hotel.
The kids loved the pool, and so did we, as we sat in the beautiful weather sipping Moet and watching them. The Spa is top class. Babu's foot reflexology by the pool absolutely the best ever. The new Italian restaurant Maritime by San Lorenzo was surprisingly authentic, and the bar tender's Apertif Cocktail menu was well sampled and enjoyed on Friday night.
My favorite hotel in the whole wide world.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, July 2, 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj Lands End, Mumbai. It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us along with your family and little ones.

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. We couldn't be more delighted that you've had a consistently fantastic experience at the pool, the Jiva Spa and Maritime by San Lorenzo

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj Lands End, Mumbai soon. If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

Warm Wishes
Birgit Zorniger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Turkish first
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I am a Taj epicure Gold Member and by virtue of my membership had the privilege to stay at the Land's end. I must say that I got full value of every penny I have spent. In terms of service, hospitality and comfort, I can easily vouch for the highest standards that Taj has maintained throughout these years. From check in to check out, the entire experience was charismatic and long lasting. The food at the Vista was also very sumptuous and gave the tummy every reason to rejoice and be pampered. The service was pampering and everyone makes you feel at home. I was fortunate enough to get an upgrade and was accommodated in the luxury sea view room on the 23rd floor. The ocean view offered by the room was amazing and the 23rd floor made me feel that I am at the top of the world. The view of the ocean was unrestricted and unprecedented. Why to go out of the room when you can get the best of the world from the comforts of the room itself. The pool was also tremendous. The room was tastefully decorated since we had been there on our anniversary and you will find all the ultra modern amenities in the room that one could visualise. Overall, to sum up the experience, the word is mind blowing. Be there to experience the grandeur of the Taj

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It is always a pleasure to have you with us and we would like to thank you for your continuous patronage and also for sharing your stay experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that at all times you found the service and attitude of our associates genuine and warm, and that they were able to take care of all your requirements with utmost professionalism and care. We are delighted that you enjoyed the upgrade and found the view from your room spectacular. We are proud to have 493 rooms and suites which ALL have a sea view. I am glad you found these spaces comfortable and relaxing.

We strive to go the extra mile and provide our guests with a comfortable, ‘home away from home’ experience and we are glad you had a warm, comfortable, and memorable experience with us. Your appreciation for the team will definitely be conveyed to the team, who I am sure will be encouraged to continue to serve our guests with courtesy.

We thank you for your patronage, recommendation and valuable feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at Taj Lands End, Mumbai! If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

(Almost) perfect service, great experience. I stayed for five nights and I found the service too be excellent. A couple of smaller things went wrong, but everybody was so engaged to compensate and find solutions. I will come back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, July 1, 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at The Taj Lands End, Mumbai. It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future.
Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback. We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj Lands End, Mumbai soon.

Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

If I have to define our stay at Taj Lands end in one word, then I will just say – “LUXURIOUS”. It was a soulful experience. Firstly our room on the 9th floor, had an unending view of the Arabian Sea (it was breathtaking to watch the sunset from the room). Secondly, the hospitality was really great. Everything was just a phone call away. They have a pool with Jacuzzi and a sauna to complete the relaxing experience. All the 3 restaurants there serve mouth-watering food. Overall – I had an amazing time here and would love to visit again.

Room Tip: Depends on your preference. They have rooms with a view to the pool + Mumbai skyline OR room with a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your detailed stay experience here on TripAdvisor.

It pleases us to learn that you were impressed with our service areas and facilities offered including Pool and Fitness Centre Services. Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our associates. We are happy that they were able to take care of all your requirements with warmth and professionalism and your appreciation will definitely be conveyed to them.
The Taj Lands End, Mumbai is known for ‘taking an extra step’ and providing our guests with great experiences. We thank you for your valuable feedback and recommendation and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the Taj Lands Ends, Mumbai!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I must say that this place is simply amazing! I think the hotel owners and management are so lucky to have such wonderful people working in this hotel so focused and dedicated to delivering amazing customer experiences. From Nikhita at the front desk to the chap at the pool, room service, restaurants, spa, concierge and travel desk...wow! My wife and I are reasonably well travelled, over 50 cities...and i must say i would rate our stay here, the hotel and the people here among the world's best! Best regards, Jeya and Rajini

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, June 30, 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. Your compliments Nikita and the rest of the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future. Thanks ever so much for sharing your feedback.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed here for two nights and the experience was delightful. Awesome food, great hospitality and pleasing ambience is how I would describe it. The rooms are well equipped and spacious. Gym, Sauna Jacuzzi and the pool are all very well maintained.
There is some sitting space in the lawns next to the pool, but unfortunately they don't serve dinner there. Drinks and starters are served there though.
Some places in the elevator lobbies could be improved for lighting and general maintenance.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for your detailed and appreciative feedback and are glad that you had a pleasurable stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you had a great time with us and were impressed with our products, property, service areas as well as the overall ambience of the hotel. Our associates are our biggest assets and we are glad that they could meet your desired expectations by way of their warm, hospitable and amicable behaviour. They are empowered to provide intuitive and personalized services to our patrons and we are happy to learn that they could take care of all your requirements with utmost courtesy and professionalism.

Taj Lands End, Mumbai offers a total of Six food and beverage venues, each offering a unique dining experience. Whatever cuisine may interest you we at Taj Lands End have something to offer. Our popular dining venues include Maritime By San Lorenzo, our Italian restaurant, Masala Bay, our Indian cuisine dining venue and Vista, our multi-cuisine restaurant. Apart from the regular spread at the dining venues, we regularly host food & beverage festivals for our guests, offering them the authentic flavors of the world.

The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback! We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Fleet, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We arrived after midnight and I was very disappointed to discover that the toilet in my bathroom had not been flushed by previous user. Would have complained if it had not been so late. Bathrobe was missing from hanger so not sure if room was made up properly - I did check that the bedding was fresh.
The service at breakfast was not very good - we always had to ask for tea or coffee and it was always late in arriving and we never got offered a refill.
Also at dinner the service was very slow - alright when you served yourself from the buffet but waiter service very slow.
One time I asked about a gluten free desert and was promised something special from the chef and was very disappointed to get a bowl of sorbet.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Birgit Z, General Manager at Taj Lands End, responded to this review, June 26, 2014

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We thank you for sharing your experience as it is quintessential in our journey to improve guest satisfaction. We strive to deliver exceptional service and to create memorable experiences for all our guests.

I deeply regret the fact that you had to face a problem and sincerely apologize for the same. Please be rest assured that we will look into the concerns raised (housekeeping/ breakfast & restaurant service) and do everything possible to ensure such an incident is not repeated. May we please request your contact details (EMAIL ID or PHONE NUMBER) via direct message so that we may get in touch with you to understand the concerns raised better and act on them.

I want to assure you that your feedback will go a long way in helping us achieve the same.
We assure you that on your next visit you will not face any unpleasant situation and will have a pleasurable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the warmth and hospitality of Taj Lands End, Mumbai! If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly. My e-mail address for easy reference is birgit.zorniger@tajhotels.com.

Birgit Zorniger

Been to Taj Lands End? Share your experiences!